Page 76 of 123 FirstFirst ... 266672737475767778798086 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,140 of 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I don't even know if I'd call it struggling to find herself in that traditional sense. I think it'll be more...struggling with the new role and responsibility? Yeah, she's been CB before but it was so brief and never on this scale. She's going to be taking charge of a brand new type of mutant and a new form of magic. She's been the stealthy ninja chick for so long and now she needs to go back to full fledged hero. Defender of the realm and so many others. SHe's going to have to acclimate to what that means and probably get overwhelmed with the new struggles. A new way for her to come out on top.

The butterfly is a deep cut and it's definitely a visual that's going to be missed but she's still going to have her glorious glowing tk weapons, lavender hair, myriad of psychic abilities and all the experience she's garnered before. Idk this new X-Men era is just so exciting and different that I can't find myself getting too bummed about any of these changes. I think it's going to be hella exciting and to get such a new take on Betsy's stories aside from the same ole same ole is too enticing to pass up. Plus, I have total faith in the creative team and all the plans Hickman has laid out for the future. They' want to make sure this is done well and it works.

I also can't wait to see why she's got these Krakoa flowers in her luxurious hair.
    I agree with everything you said. I'm absolutely stoked about her new role. Many of my fanfic ideas always has her in this exact role. This also gives Betsy the chance to really shine as an individual and not as an X-Man in the sidelines (i.e. Colossus, Angel, etc.). Yes, she's "led" X-Men teams before like X-Force, but she as CB really gives her the chance to interact with the greater MU.

When Rogue left the X-Men to join Uncanny Avengers, she really had her chance to shine as the focal character. I feel the same is going for Betsy. And this is still an X-Men book, technically. Captain Britain is actually a pretty major character and probably one of the UK's most popular marvel characters.

They're doing with Betsy what they did with Carol -- and look at where Carol is now. She is a multimedia property -- has her own movie and plays a large role in the MCU, has her own comic solo, cameos in a bunch of other Marvel comics, has her face all over toys and merchandise and retail, appears in video games.

Just imagine that for Betsy! She can be an X-Man and a greater MU character at the same time. If we have to lose the butterfly to get ALL of that, then I'm going to compromise. Yes, it sucks, but I don't think it'll ruin her character.

I really really hope this sticks. Just like how her change to an Asian body stuck for 30 years. This is also Hickman, so I feel like his changes will definitely be around for a while. It won't be a "let's do this, but change it back to the previous status quo in 2 years). We're in for the long haul, folks. And that makes me excited.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

I'm REEEAALLY excited for the future of our girl.

People need to know it's okay to grieve for the things we're losing. I certainly am, too.

Something I was sort of struggling with was reconciling her future with her past. For a moment, I was feeling like they were retconning her. Like the Psylocke I've grown to love was no more, and never was. That my toys of her, and art, and books, were fraudulent. Stained.

But then I realized, no, those were Psylocke, Betsy. Those things ARE Betsy. And always will be. This change moving forward does not in any way undo her history as Psylocke. And I think that's something that a lot of people, here and not here, are seemingly forgetting. And would do much better remembering.

Hopefully that helps some. Certainly has helped me.

Holding dear to my lil heart her rich history as Psylocke. Looking forward to her bright future as Captain Britain!

A friend of mine sent me this link. Shocked that there's already merchandise for Betsy's new role. Thought you guys would enjoy it:

https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/54...tUvy0VrgKQ8zt4
    Last edited by Hi-Fi; 07-27-2019 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post

People need to know it's okay to grieve for the things we're losing. I certainly am, too.

Something I was sort of struggling with was reconciling her future with her past. For a moment, I was feeling like they were retconning her. Like the Psylocke I've grown to love was no more, and never was. That my toys of her, and art, and books, were fraudulent. Stained.

But then I realized, no, those were Psylocke, Betsy. Those things ARE Betsy. And always will be. This change moving forward does not in any way undo her history as Psylocke. And I think that's something that a lot of people, here and not here, are seemingly forgetting. And would do much better remembering.

Holding dear to my lil heart her rich history as Psylocke. Looking forward to her bright future as Captain Britain!
    Reinvention is a huge part of the comic genre. Her reinvention to what marvel is calling "Psylocke"(for some reason Marvel is treating her Asian era as Psylocke a topic for another day) pretty much save her from being Dazzler, Longshot, Forge, or Polaris and that is not an insult to those characters but it is not hard to imagine getting trap in spot duty in the X-men series. A big change help Betsy escape that fate(struggling to show up after a writer switch) imo. Anyways I think you are on the right track for example they are Dick Grayson fans no matter if the is Robin,Nightwing, Agent of Spyral or Batman. X-men generally stay in their archetype/codename so changes like this are rare but most big heroes deal with in some way. I am Besty Braddock fan which is I guess I am more fine than others with them moving away from some things even making an aspect of her another completely new character because her journey is the character.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Spiral manipulated Kwannon’s genes so that Psylocke would have the same telepathic powers in the Asian body as she did in the original body.

So yes, Kwannon is just as telepathic as Elizabeth Braddock as a result. I’m glad Kwannon is now Psylocke and Elizabeth is Captain Britain. Betsy went back to her roots.
    I know. I was responding to "I don't mind them giving Kwannon the psychic Sai blades, that is part of her contribution to Psylocke".

BANNED

It would be awesome to see a Captain Britain movie announced with her as the lead and Brian "Retired" and raising his family, but with a definite past as Captain Britain, that could be reserved for an MCU tv show in the UK.

Astonishing Member darewithpeace's Avatar

sorry for the quality but this could be awesome
    we can be heroes, just for one day

BANNED

And what am I looking at exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    It would be awesome to see a Captain Britain movie announced with her as the lead and Brian "Retired" and raising his family, but with a definite past as Captain Britain, that could be reserved for an MCU tv show in the UK.
    I'm just gonna pretend I didn't hear that...

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    A friend of mine sent me this link. Shocked that there's already merchandise for Betsy's new role. Thought you guys would enjoy it:

This is soooooo good. I’m buying it!

OMG, I love that shirt.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

I already bought a tshirt & mug last night...was just waiting for Serge to release it

Sweet! It looks much better on this shirt than on any art so far.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I already bought a tshirt & mug last night...was just waiting for Serge to release it
    Serge's work is amazing. Enjoy your goodies!

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post

Agreed 100%. Change happens and the more we resist it, the more we're dragged by it. Bring on Captain Betsy Britain!