Page 2 of 123 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Yesss! I absolutely cannot wait. I still predict Leah Williams is writing an X-Book post-AOXM. I'm hoping both Betsy and JP make it onto that team.

My dream artists would be Pepe Larraz or Russell Dauterman. If they didn't have contracts with DC, Clay Mann and Francis Manapul as well.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Ultimate Member

Well guess Betsy is back to just rushing headlong into battle and getting slapped aside like a gnat...I remember those claiming that it was the bodyswap that was the cause of that...guess now we know that it wasn't...

IA with you guys on seeing Betsy drawn by so many artists in the past few months. Its too bad she wasnt in Extermination bc Larraz is amazing.

LMAO at Betsy creating a booty for herself.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Also, this issue of Uncanny gave us our first 2019 butt shot of Betsy. Asslocke’s reign continues!
    HAHAHA! I must say I panicked a bit when I went to the old thread and saw it closed lol.

Must be the lack of Sleep.

While I do like the Rule of Kewl of stabbing Bishop, did she really need to do that?

Also Still not amazed by this book, But I'll take my Psylocke where and when I can.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Well guess Betsy is back to just rushing headlong into battle and getting slapped aside like a gnat...I remember those claiming that it was the bodyswap that was the cause of that...guess now we know that it wasn't...
    You must be reading a different UXM than anyone here. I will believe you when you show me scans of it happening as much as you claim it is and so far it is an exxageration. :P
    Last edited by Izanami; 01-03-2019 at 07:13 PM.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    IA with you guys on seeing Betsy drawn by so many artists in the past few months. Its too bad she wasnt in Extermination bc Larraz is amazing.

LMAO at Betsy creating a booty for herself.
    Really getting tired of the talking ass panels in comics. Worst offender Vicky Vale in All Star Batman and Robin.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    You must be reading a different UXM than anyone here. I will believe you when you show me scans of it happening as much as you claim it is and so far it is an exxageration. :P
    The preview for Uncanny #9 that's up right now...so go on, tell me I'm making that up as well...as you're prone to do...oh wait, she does exactly what I said that she does...

You're conflating two different issues. No one said the body swap made her prone to get beat. The argument was in favor of Betsy gaining armor like she had in her original British body bc of that. She still doesnt have armor in this new one so her being vulnerable to physical attacks is par for the course

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The preview for Uncanny #9 that's up right now...so go on, tell me I'm making that up as well...as you're prone to do...oh wait, she does exactly what I said that she does...
    You are making it up because you don't care to read the fine print. I asked you how often is she doing it? You only provide one panel out of the entire time she is in her new body like if it were repeated a thousand times. Again I repeat can you show me all the scans where this is happening frequently? Or are you only able to provide something wherein she is facing a literal god? Or did you forget Legion stomps the floor with everybody? It is okay to admit you don't read full sentences. Its not the first time you don't read a posters full response.

Now that reminds me. Do you guys think that everyone is going to get stomped by Legion like all the previous fights with him or do you think one of the characters is going to pull a Deus ex Machina? So far Betsy was the only one able to get into his mind. Do you think she will do an illusion for a preemptive strike or will jean make the final blow?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    You are making it up because you don't care to read the fine print. I asked you how often is she doing it? You only provide one panel out of the entire time she is in her new body like if it were repeated a thousand times. Again I repeat can you show me all the scans where this is happening frequently? Or are you only able to provide something wherein she is facing a literal god? Or did you forget Legion stomps the floor with everybody? It is okay to admit you don't read full sentences. Its not the first time you don't read a posters full response.
    Well this is Betsy's thread so I was only talking about her and not everybody else, and I didn't say that it's happened frequently since being back in the English body, only that it's still happening, so sounds like you're the one not reading what I actually said and making up the rest...

So this crap is going to continue in 2019 I see.......

Ultimate Member

Crap being me and Iz arguing or Betsy jumping in and get owned by whoever it is that she's trying to attack...

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    So this crap is going to continue in 2019 I see.......
    Sadly it is.
    It will be a miracle when Logan doesn't complain because
    a) Someone ships a character they like with someone else (Come over the Angel thread to see some examples)
    b) Everyone is wrong and so is Marvel because this is my character. How dare you say that even if you are trolling or being sarcastic :P
    c) Hounds you for speculating or making fun stories regarding your favorite character because they don't like it (Again check out the Angel thread when someone suggested Polaris hanging out with Angel in an imaginary fan issue, they went bonkers)
    d) Doesn't read the full post and likes to victim blame

I could go on but you got the idea

Not including characters with specific roles (Nate, David, Madrox, Hank, Victor, The Horsemen, Kitty, Apocalypse, the four students), there are only two characters of the main X-Men squad (of like 10+ characters) that are shining. Ororo and Bishop both get a taste here and there, but it's only both Jean and Betsy that are:

1) partaking in decisions
    2) solving problems
    3) people that others on the team depend on
    4) having power feats
    5) getting unique plot points

She also gets a lot of panel time, action sequences, and dialogue. It is ONE panel nine issues in where she gets thrown aside by an overpowered X-Legion -- that is VERY okay. Even favorite characters can have flaws; it adds more depth to them. Also, how often in this past decade did Betsy run into situations and get owned by another? Not much.

Sorry, LoganAlpha30X33, but I'm not sorry. Take some pointers from Tazirai and write some Psylocke fanfiction if you're not satisfied with how she's being written in canon; read that fanfiction and be satisfied. There needs to be a lot more positivity in the world, let alone the X-Boards.

Remember, 2019 is 20fineteen. Where we have a grand time watching how fine Betsy is.

And remember, 2019 is also 20mineteen. Where I'm taking control of my life and only allowing positive vibes in. Please don't ruin it for the other Psylocke fans on this board. The energy you put out into the world is the energy you get back. I'm sure you'll enjoy comics much more if you stop being such a Negative Nancy.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella