Page 38 of 123 FirstFirst ... 283435363738394041424888 ... LastLast

I don't usually post here but I was lurking and saw the talk about costumes. And how people are complaining about her current one. I honestly really love her current costume. I think it's just perfect. I didn't like how the colorist on Uncanny colored it though. She turned the pink into lavender and the lavender into white/grey. So basically it looks a lot more dull and monochromatic than it should be. But the original version from the mini it's amazing imo.

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Sad that there's not much to appreciate anymore, changing everything people liked about her and now shipping her with Blob. Zub pitched changing her with no end game in sight. Idk what Leah's doing. They really should find a way to utilize Psylocke more (why'd she chose that name in the first place and maybe why does she stick with it after all that's happened if she's not Pyslocke anymore? its so confusing and I keep up to date with most things) and capitalize off her international fanbases, CB has a network of artists he should be hitting up to give her a high quality stories, (that's one of the reasons he got promoted to his position and previously is the reason Marvel has Ganov, Young and other talent from that time...) same with his other favorites like Husk, Magik and Dani, maybe Polaris with the recent popularity boost on Gifted. Give these girls great artists and interesting solo stories or "team" minis but not around any love interests to weigh them down. Give some good books for female characters and fans alike that they could market easier online, or even scholastic or college campuses, and make evergreen.
    Mojo gave her the name and it kind of stuck. That's not so confusing is it?

If everything you liked about Psylocke was that she was Asian then I guess there isnt much else to appreciate anymore. But she's literally the same character. They havent changed her. And they are already having issue w art consistency. They utilized her more than we expected in Uncanny. It may not have been what we wanted. But she wasnt a background cameo in it.

Also you have Kwannon now. Which Marvel seems to be giving Psylockes costume and psyblade going by the cover of Uncanny X-Men thats coming out soon.

I'm hoping the interiors do a bait and switch and have her look nothing like the cover.

Also if you guys have Twitter: Can you ask that AITP a Psylocke question so it has a better chance of showing up. And dont just have it be. Wheres Psylocke. He'll just say she boycotted Apoc. Please and thank you.
    Last edited by CGAR; 04-02-2019 at 06:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Haha. Age of X-Man basically killed every appreciation thread. I mean, it's generally well written but 5 months it's just too long. I can't wait for it to be over already.
    True that. If we don’t get a Pepe Larraz drawn Psylocke when these Hickman books come out I’m going to scream. I’ve literalt been waiting for that forever.

I personally really really love the new costume but mostly when it’s colored xorrectly. It def had to grow on me but it’s come to be at least top 5 of her costumes for me. But I also love when Betsy wears pink. It’s a great color on her. Like Wiccan said, it doesn’t pop as much when it’s white//grey.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I don't usually post here but I was lurking and saw the talk about costumes. And how people are complaining about her current one. I honestly really love her current costume. I think it's just perfect. I didn't like how the colorist on Uncanny colored it though. She turned the pink into lavender and the lavender into white/grey. So basically it looks a lot more dull and monochromatic than it should be. But the original version from the mini it's amazing imo.

LOL...Dodson is the worst artist that has drawn the costume IMO. Hated it when it was revealed but liked it in Uncanny under a different pencil

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by comeatmebro View Post
    Sad that there's not much to appreciate anymore, changing everything people liked about her and now shipping her with Blob. Zub pitched changing her with no end game in sight. Idk what Leah's doing. They really should find a way to utilize Psylocke more (why'd she chose that name in the first place and maybe why does she stick with it after all that's happened if she's not Pyslocke anymore? its so confusing and I keep up to date with most things) and capitalize off her international fanbases, CB has a network of artists he should be hitting up to give her a high quality stories, (that's one of the reasons he got promoted to his position and previously is the reason Marvel has Ganov, Young and other talent from that time...) same with his other favorites like Husk, Magik and Dani, maybe Polaris with the recent popularity boost on Gifted. Give these girls great artists and interesting solo stories or "team" minis but not around any love interests to weigh them down. Give some good books for female characters and fans alike that they could market easier online, or even scholastic or college campuses, and make evergreen.
    She is literally still Psylocke, she's more than a thong and Fake Asian. The current costume is awesome, and mixes her changes and her old attire.
    Psylocke rocks and has in the past, and still does now.

HOWEVER! I do like the outfit my friend Jao Pinto drew for her.

Make it plain please... Silver Phoenix's Avatar

In my early days, when I was coming to learn more about Psylocke, it was while reading part of the Inferno Saga, where she impressed me. It was a fight with Jean, pretty much in the background, but she tells Jean not to bother using her TK because she is blocking her access to it... I was like wow, that's cool.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing her highlighted as the team telepath when the MCU adapts the X-men over Jean...
    "I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."- Jesus
    John 14:6

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    She is literally still Psylocke, she's more than a thong and Fake Asian. The current costume is awesome, and mixes her changes and her old attire.
    Psylocke rocks and has in the past, and still does now.

HOWEVER! I do like the outfit my friend Jao Pinto drew for her.

Hellooooooo daddy Colossus bulge

Meh, nothing has really changed since the change, except she uses kitanas less, if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    That’s gorgeous.

I come baring gifts. Something I commissioned:

Artist: Dima Ivanov

Psylocke Captain Britain.jpg
    Last edited by CGAR; 04-05-2019 at 02:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Beautiful style, colours and costume ! well done
    A picture would last longer darling...

X-Men Apocalypse in on TV right now, just as awful as I remember it being.

Psylockes fights scenes are great though.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post

Artist: Dima Ivanov

Nice. I like this color scheme than her current one. More dark colors with some pink/purple nuance here and there. The purple stripes, hair and her psy weapons will "pop" more when it combined with a more darker colored costume.

Astonishing Member The_Greatest_Username's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    X-Men Apocalypse in on TV right now, just as awful as I remember it being.

Psylockes fights scenes are great though.
    I cannot get over how disappointed I was in that movie. Psylocke looked great, but I wish she was given something to do besides being Apoc’s lackey.

86021505f665e7626565d1fa7262e321.jpg

Don't know the artist, but I love it.
    Last edited by Iatet; 04-13-2019 at 07:49 PM.