Page 19 of 123 FirstFirst ... 91516171819202122232969119 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Do you all like the visual of Betsy stabbing folks with her sword or is the psy-knife still preferred? When she freed Warren from Nate's control I honestly felt it was a little lackluster but when she freed Storm? Whew! That was probably the first "badass" visual I feel we've had with her since she's been back.

The reveal of the of the tk weapons was a moment too.
    I love the sword and shield!

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Do you all like the visual of Betsy stabbing folks with her sword or is the psy-knife still preferred? When she freed Warren from Nate's control I honestly felt it was a little lackluster but when she freed Storm? Whew! That was probably the first "badass" visual I feel we've had with her since she's been back.

The reveal of the of the tk weapons was a moment too.
    I prefer the psy-knife over the visual of a sword and board. I understand that they're really just being consistent with the concept of psychic armor and weaponry first introduced in the classic Psi-War story (Uncanny X-Men 117). But part of me feels like the next generation of psionics should have cooler, more advanced psychic manifestations. Psylocke's psi-daggers were that and then some.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

I actually really like the sword and shield because it plays on the Otherworld/Round Table mythology background she should have. But I also love the dagger/psi-knives because it's iconic for her.

But if anything! I want her to utilize her butterflies much more!!! Imagine no one being able to reach Horseman Storm, but instead Betsy put the same amount of power into a giant swarm of psychic butterflies that reached and basically consumed Ororo. Now THAT would have been a sight to see.

Which is why I loved Soule's use of that giant psychic butterfly that she's capable of. I think she should use her sword when she's in normal close combat; her knife when she' needs to specifically get into someone's head and damage them (not necessarily having to be while fighting); and more commonly use her butterflies to show that she's more than just close combat.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I actually really like the sword and shield because it plays on the Otherworld/Round Table mythology background she should have. But I also love the dagger/psi-knives because it's iconic for her.

But if anything! I want her to utilize her butterflies much more!!! Imagine no one being able to reach Horseman Storm, but instead Betsy put the same amount of power into a giant swarm of psychic butterflies that reached and basically consumed Ororo. Now THAT would have been a sight to see.

Which is why I loved Soule's use of that giant psychic butterfly that she's capable of. I think she should use her sword when she's in normal close combat; her knife when she' needs to specifically get into someone's head and damage them (not necessarily having to be while fighting); and more commonly use her butterflies to show that she's more than just close combat.
    Her Psyknife is not out of place as you mentioned, its basically like a trench knife for stabby stab action in a non lethal way. She needs more butterflies.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post

That sounds more like Fixx, not Betsy. Her butterfly is purely visual and a manifestation of her power signature. She doesnt have actual psychic butterflies that she uses that way

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    That sounds more like Fixx, not Betsy. Her butterfly is purely visual and a manifestation of her power signature. She doesnt have actual psychic butterflies that she uses that way
    I always thought Fixx was supposed to be a descendant of Psylocke and that would have been revealed had the series continued.

BANNED

I don't mind the idea of Psychic Weapons. i just hate that she isn't practical with it sometimes. The idea of a swarm of Etheral Butterflies is something she used in Games, and that would be awesome in a book. Just a SWARM tearing away at the Mind Control Storm is under. THAT, i can get behind. But all the stabby stabby is meh.

I mean, it does sound more like Fixx, but I think it'd be a fun advancement on her powers. I mean, when she first joined the X-Men, she used to have a psychic butterfly kind of act as her own spy camera, lol. This is one of my favorite showcases of it:

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I don't mind the idea of Psychic Weapons. i just hate that she isn't practical with it sometimes. The idea of a swarm of Etheral Butterflies is something she used in Games, and that would be awesome in a book. Just a SWARM tearing away at the Mind Control Storm is under. THAT, i can get behind. But all the stabby stabby is meh.
    lol....Betsy's powers in X-men vs SF didnt make much sense. I didnt understand why or how she could teleport the way she did

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

That would make for a very cool visual.

I grew up in a place where we would seasonally get a massive influx of monarch butterflies. We didn't call them swarms, though. We called them a kaleidoscope. Perhaps instead of Psylocke flying in human form, maybe that's how she should travel instead, as a kaleidoscope of pure psionic energy. Even if it looks like teleportation, that makes for a better presentation than just flying in human form.
    “True peace is not merely the absence of tension; it is the presence of justice.”
    ~Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

“If I love you, I have to make you conscious of what you don’t see.”
    ~James Baldwin

Who wins, Betsy or a Big Ass Dinosaur...... 20190119_210408.jpg
    Last edited by Psy; 01-19-2019 at 08:03 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Who wins, Betsy or a Big Ass Donosaur...... 20190119_210408.jpg
    Depends on the writer lol. If I was writing it, she'd win, by dominating it's mind from a distance then riding that bastard into battle. Surrounded by Psychic armour.

Ultimate Member

Though would there be enough of a mind to dominate...like do telepaths take control of animals to do their bidding usually...

Depends on the writer lol. If I was writing it, she'd win, by dominating it's mind from a distance then riding that bastard into battle. Surrounded by Psychic armour.
    Animal Telepathy is one of those powers that has become less and less used over time unless controlling animals is the main superpower. I remember when Saturn Girl used her Telepathy to control animals.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Animal Telepathy is one of those powers that has become less and less used over time unless controlling animals is the main superpower. I remember when Saturn Girl used her Telepathy to control animals.
    Actually Psylocke did use a Trex against Magneto when she "killed" him. Not sure if she controlled the Trex directly but she definetly was able to influence it to attack Mags.