Page 4 of 123 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    The Crimson Dawn eye mark was a TRYING time. I will never miss it.
    The butterfly will always reign as Betsy's true signature!

I do like the concept of the Crimson Dawn. Just not for Betsy.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Crimson Dawn Psylocke was awesome. I especially loved her shadow porting powers

My favorite image from then

Lol!

"Yes, Betsy. You just phased out of the shadows and then did a weird pose on the floor. R u ok tho???"
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Everyone's wondering if she swapped bodies with Jessica Drew or some ****.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post

The crimson Dawn should be Kwannon's trademark!

It was just such an unnecessary addition that really did nothing for her character. "Oh she's super distant and unfeeling and will come out of the shadows to emphasize that! She's so cool!"

And on the lowest of keys I'm not a fan of teleporting Psylocke. I'll actually take flying Psylocke over that any day.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 01-04-2019 at 09:39 AM.

I would absolutely love to see Kwannon adopt the Crimson Dawn. That would give her different powers she could own, which would help give a name for herself. That way, she could be more shadow ninja, whereas Betsy can still keep being Betsy.

She also needs a complete redesign that's drastic enough to keep her looking different from Betsy's Japanese days. Something like Wada's design would be great.

Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    Hey, he didn't show the Captain Britain costume, a pity!
    To be chronologically right the schhol costume (first line upper right) is after the first asian psylocke costume (2nd line left) who appeared during the Silvestri run.
    You're right. That was a miss. Maybe they were trying to keep with the panel scheme? I do like that costume and I liked it best on Remenders otherworld arc. That wasn't opena who drew it but whomever did I really loved that issue. I need to go see who drew that. I am horrible with names.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Crimson Dawn Psylocke was awesome. I especially loved her shadow porting powers

My favorite image from then

The first comic version of Elizabeth that I knew was Shadowlocke. I fell in love with her.

Lol!

"Yes, Betsy. You just phased out of the shadows and then did a weird pose on the floor. R u ok tho???"
    She was funny in a cold way back then. In the previous issue, she showed up for breakfast in her training uniform and the question was asked, "isn't it too early to be in uniform, Betsy?" And she was like "no" and kept it moving! Also, Bishop was going to ask Betsy to pass the salt at the table, but before he could finish the sentence she was like "here" as if she couldn't be bothered lol.

It was just such an unnecessary addition that really did nothing for her character. "Oh she's super distant and unfeeling and will come out of the shadows to emphasize that! She's so cool!"
    Well, she was cool to me Psyc as a newbie! :P

But once I read all of her backstory, I realized that she didn't need the Crimson Dawn attachments.

And on the lowest of keys I'm not a fan of teleporting Psylocke. I'll actually take flying Psylocke over that any day.
    When Revolution first started with X-men #100, I thought the change from Shadowlocke to Tekelocke was awful. I hated Betsy with telekinesis as I felt it was generic and she already had a great visual as Shadowlocke, with powers she had only scratched the surface of. I'm a fan of magickally adept characters. Since then, my viewpoint has changed and grew to love the telekinesis and like her with it now in combination with her telepathy.

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    The crimson Dawn should be Kwannon's trademark!
    I don't agree. Kwannon shouldn't keep getting Betsy's "leftovers", so to speak. Kwannon needs her own niche.

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    Well, she was cool to me Psyc as a newbie! :P

But once I read all of her backstory, I realized that she didn't need the Crimson Dawn attachments.
    lol don't get me wrong I was ALL here for the CD back in the day. But again, it was just the visual aesthetic of the powers and I've grown to resent it as one of those things they did for her in place of giving her actual development. Although I was never a fan of the eye mark.

When Revolution first started with X-men #100, I thought the change from Shadowlocke to Tekelocke was awful. I hated Betsy with telekinesis as I felt it was generic and she already had a great visual as Shadowlocke, with powers she had only scratched the surface of. I'm a fan of magickally adept characters. Since then, my viewpoint has changed and grew to love the telekinesis and like her with it now in combination with her telepathy.
    This is where I was also different because I was a fan of Tekelocke from the beginning. A lot of writers didn't use it in the best way but I was really into her using those abilities to enhance her ninja skills. I wanted her leaping, creating shields, amplifying her speed and strength. CC's Xtreme was definitely my favorite application of her teke before he went all smashing mountains crazy. I also felt Yost, Carey and Spurrier used her telepathy in the best kind of ways. Fraction also had a few moments during Second Coming.

I don't agree. Kwannon shouldn't keep getting Betsy's "leftovers", so to speak. Kwannon needs her own niche.
    This is I agree with. Give the girl a makeover, let her empathic abilities come back to the forefront and have her use her psy-knife in some new and different ways. Maybe she plunges it into people and takes away all their emotions or something? Idk. (I don't actually care if we ever see Kwannon again but if she's gonna be around she's gotta switch it up).

Quote Originally Posted by Drey View Post
    I actually agree. Next thing you know, she's gonna go after Warren. Lol.

And I always found Betsy as kind of having an honest truth/deadpan humor.

Cinderella

lol don't get me wrong I was ALL here for the CD back in the day. But again, it was just the visual aesthetic of the powers and I've grown to resent it as one of those things they did for her in place of giving her actual development. Although I was never a fan of the eye mark.
    Very true about the power changes in place of character development. I realized that after reading more and more issues of her past adventures. As for the eye tattoo, I didn't mind it too much, only when Salva drew it covering like half her face, like chill for real lol. When she came back to life without it was like, her glorious face is cleansed!

This is where I was also different because I was a fan of Tekelocke from the beginning. A lot of writers didn't use it in the best way but I was really into her using those abilities to enhance her ninja skills. I wanted her leaping, creating shields, amplifying her speed and strength. CC's Xtreme was definitely my favorite application of her teke before he went all smashing mountains crazy. I also felt Yost, Carey and Spurrier used her telepathy in the best kind of ways. Fraction also had a few moments during Second Coming.
    By the time X-treme started is when I liked it. She showed just how deadly she could be with it...and then she got killed!!! Was NOT happy about that and was a complete drama queen for years after, but it fostered a Betsy cult and some fan recognition by CC so those earlier days of frequenting the forums were worth it. :P

We won't even get into the hate I felt when Mark Millar killed off her Ultimate counterpart...

Oh! A couple of Tekelocke feats from Revolution I appreciate now are when she channeled TK through her foot to kick someone from a distance that was standing across the room. And when her telekinesis didn't work on someone that was immune, she was like "oh well, I'll upend the floor instead!!!" And I agree about Yost, Carey, and Spurrier regarding her telepathy. I will always be thankful to Fraction for making her a true TP/TK. CC blurred the lines too much by keeping her as Tekelocke with psychic immunity, but still had her psychically checking her mindscape, get possessed by an alternate version of herself, have psychic dreams, and clairvoyant flashes with Brian.

I actually agree. Next thing you know, she's gonna go after Warren. Lol.

And I always found Betsy as kind of having an honest truth/deadpan humor.

I loved those Betsy/Emma scenes!!!
    Last edited by Drey; 01-04-2019 at 11:51 AM.

I would absolutely love to see Kwannon adopt the Crimson Dawn. That would give her different powers she could own, which would help give a name for herself. That way, she could be more shadow ninja, whereas Betsy can still keep being Betsy.

She also needs a complete redesign that's drastic enough to keep her looking different from Betsy's Japanese days. Something like Wada's design would be great.

Kwannon rocking up with this look would be an amazing comeback splash page. (Possibly swiftly undermined if the X-Men failed to recognise her!)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    The preview for Uncanny #9 that's up right now...so go on, tell me I'm making that up as well...as you're prone to do...oh wait, she does exactly what I said that she does...
    This all happens on ONE night! The entire team is getting stomped. Also Psylocke has ALWAYS been squishy. When she fought from afar, and upclose. She gets tossed around in armour or out of it. That's just part of who she is.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    You're conflating two different issues. No one said the body swap made her prone to get beat. The argument was in favor of Betsy gaining armor like she had in her original British body bc of that. She still doesnt have armor in this new one so her being vulnerable to physical attacks is par for the course

This!

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    You are making it up because you don't care to read the fine print. I asked you how often is she doing it? You only provide one panel out of the entire time she is in her new body like if it were repeated a thousand times. Again I repeat can you show me all the scans where this is happening frequently? Or are you only able to provide something wherein she is facing a literal god? Or did you forget Legion stomps the floor with everybody? It is okay to admit you don't read full sentences. Its not the first time you don't read a posters full response.
    This...

Now that reminds me. Do you guys think that everyone is going to get stomped by Legion like all the previous fights with him or do you think one of the characters is going to pull a Deus ex Machina? So far Betsy was the only one able to get into his mind. Do you think she will do an illusion for a preemptive strike or will jean make the final blow?
    If this book was being written by competent writers with editorial oversight, Legion should stomp.

Please give me the number of times it has happened and the issue number or else it didn't happen. A number like 1, 2, 3,... you do know what a number is?

Glad to know you accept her other cannon pairings that do not include Warren. Yay Cluster x Psylocke. Thunderbird x Psylocke. Tom Lennox x Psylocke.

I wish she did get married with Tom Lennox. I would have been great you guys.
    I was hoping Either him or Gabriel.

Gabriel vs Angel? DRAMS!!!

The Crimson Dawn eye mark was a TRYING time. I will never miss it.
    I will never like that stupid thing. But I'd take that over the thong anyday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

I was hoping Either him or Gabriel.

Gabriel vs Angel? DRAMS!!!
    I just realized something. Did they even conclude whatever happened to Gabriel after she was abducted by Mojo and Spiral?
    You think he would of come back or they would have left mention of what happened to him afterward.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...