Page 59 of 123 FirstFirst ... 94955565758596061626369109 ... LastLast

I lowkey feel like they're going to push this Betsy is Captain Britain thing similar to how they did Laura as Wolvie or Carol as Captain Marvel. There's going to be a lot of emphasis for at least a good year or two. This also opens up so much more story potential for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    New costume!
    omg this is amazing! think of the possibilities. even the future marvel movies that might get made with her in it.

Kwannon is going to be using the name Psylocke it looks like.
    i'm not mad. from a business standpoint i've always thought they'd give her the code name back. "kwannon" made the most money and became the iconic 90s version character with it so i never expected it to permanently go back to the old version. i always wanted them to split and be two separate characters still in X-men so i'm happy this finally came true.

This is an interesting direction for Besty. She needed a strong direction to separate her from the past presentation. And Captian Britain counts as that and pretty clever if you think about it. She still gets to be a physical presence they get to play up the Knight angle a little more than before. And Armor and capes fits Besty that is what she was wearing before the ninja direction. I didn't expect that they would remove the Psylocke name but this upgrade a very clever solution to an interesting problem. If they handle Captian Britain transition right she can become a major player in Marvel she can be hanging around the Dr. Stranges, Captian America, Captian Marvel in terms of in universe importance if they handle it right.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-20-2019 at 04:19 PM.

Guys....Betsy has a headliner moniker now. She can get her own book under the name Captain Britain.

BANNED

Guys....Betsy has a headliner moniker now. She can get her own book under the name Captain Britain.
    Yassssss.

All da Captains gonna take over the MCU too. Falcon as America, Carol as Captain space, now bets as Captain brit

Can't wait for Taz's reaction

BANNED

Also just yay for Kwannon getting proper visibility as her own hero! Albeit a seemingly renamed existing character, but I have faith she will come into her own and have a developed storyline that separates her from Betsy.

Yeah, I think this will be really good for both. Was a tad bit annoyed at Kwannon taking the name but honestly she can keep it. Captain Britain for Betsy is way more exciting. And her name is now a legacy name. Her brand continues to grow.

Kris Anka variant on the horizon https://twitter.com/kristaferanka/st...27681953193984

I love that Betsy gets to headline Excalibur. They even laid the foundation for her using a psionic sword and shield back before disassembled. It gives her the whole "Knight" feel that I think is a good fit for her in her original British body.

I also think that it's good that Kwannon gets to be her own character. I am on the fence about her keeping the Psylocke name, but I guess it's ok. It's like someone else said, if you google Psylocke you get the ninja version every time, and so that is going to be Kwannon to keep the imagery consistent.

I hope Brian shows up in Excalibur on an ongoing basis, I don't want him to be completely sidelined, I guess it's possible he goes to Otherworld with Megan and takes a leadership role there and Betsy becomes the Captain Britain of Earth 616.

Some Tini tweets
    https://twitter.com/TiniHoward/statu...08424704114689
    https://twitter.com/TiniHoward/statu...41097992577024

We're really about to get Betsy delving deep into Otherworld and magic. Protector of the Omniverse. Queen of the Realm. Defender of Magic and Mutants. She's truly an icon.

Maybe they'll launch the movie with her as Captain Britain

The costume does feel a little bulky and the name change is still kind of an adjustment for me. Im excited to see her new direction. And I'm just hoping Tini Howard has her voice down and doesn't forget her past.

Some Tini tweets

We're really about to get Betsy delving deep into Otherworld and magic. Protector of the Omniverse. Queen of the Realm. Defender of Magic and Mutants. She's truly an icon.

This is everything I ever wanted. I can’t believe we’re here. We’ve truly won!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    Yassssss.

All da Captains gonna take over the MCU too. Falcon as America, Carol as Captain space, now bets as Captain brit

Can't wait for Taz's reaction
    I love it. Because It opens the potential for an Excalibur as an MCU film or TV show led by her. Sorry I haven't been posting online much, between my comic, photography, and commissions, haven't been online much.
    I'm happy for her though, she deserves it.

Some Tini tweets

Everything about this is splendid.

I can’t wait for that.

I'm a little torn about this new development for Betsy as Captain Britain only because I fear for Brian and his role and his life. I am glad she's diving deeper into her rich history with Otherworld though. And the name change will take time getting used to. I like Kwannon well enough but Psylocke is Betsy and Betsy is Psylocke. I just wished Kwannon didn't go back to Jim Lee's costume and would have been given a new one for herself. She needs to separate from Betsy's shadow so she can be her own character for once.