Page 6 of 123 FirstFirst ... 23456789101656106 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Betsy moved on from Warren even faster. Heck she was practically moving towards Neal before she and Warren were officially over
    Again that only happened because CC was leaving to write X-treme and didn't have a lot of time to get it set up, otherwise Neal and Betsy would never have happened, and Neal abandoned his fiancé anyway when he was trying to find a cure for her anyway...Warren hasn't always been a pity party, it's just that recent writers won't let him escape it for some reason...and when Betsy killed Warren didn't she shut off her emotions or something like that and tried to see if she could still feel, and the writer really gave Fantomex a push in that storyline anyway...

I really don't feel like Warren's sad sack routine is due to recent writers. Ever since Betsy and Warren were dating in the 90's he was a pity magnet. There are so many images and scans of them from when she's trying to get him out of a funk lol. Like, she once jumped off a whole ass building to remind him that he's alive and needs to stop wallowing.

He's toxic. She's gotta kill him again!

Emma was right

Hey, guys. How do Betsy’s fans feel about her relationships with Fantomex?

Quote Originally Posted by Gamall View Post
    Overall negative. That was highly dysfunctional and did nothing for her

Kill it with fire.

Emma was right

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Kill it with fire.
    But why?

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Again that only happened because CC was leaving to write X-treme and didn't have a lot of time to get it set up, otherwise Neal and Betsy would never have happened, and Neal abandoned his fiancé anyway when he was trying to find a cure for her anyway...Warren hasn't always been a pity party, it's just that recent writers won't let him escape it for some reason...and when Betsy killed Warren didn't she shut off her emotions or something like that and tried to see if she could still feel, and the writer really gave Fantomex a push in that storyline anyway...
    It does not matter in anyway why something happened in a comic book. That is not a valid argument in any sense. It happened, outside circumstances be dammed. It happened. Beyond that. Psylocke slept with Fantomex right after she killed Warren and again after she lost her feelings for sorrow only. She hadn't lost any other emotion except that. She also continued to to sleep with Fantomex, and Cluster, then Cabke and then some hologram guy. All this happened and is part of her past. She does not have any issue moving on from Warren and into the arms and sheets of someone new rather quickly.

Ultimate Member

And the comics now say that she hasn't moved on from Warren as of yet...

And yeah Fantomex did nothing good for Betsy and he should just stay gone...

My opinions on Fantomex nearly got me unanimously disliked from the Psylocke appreciation thread circa 2010-2013. I was the only one actively voicing my fondness for Fantomex, while all the other fans absolutely wanted to, well... kill him with fire.

I consider Rick Remender's Uncanny X-Force one of my favorite, or if I'm not lying, probably my top favorite X-Men story in all of history. It was well-written, had great and consistent art, and the plot and characters were enticing. As a fan of books that focuses on a small cast of characters and darker tones, Uncanny X-Force was the book for me. I also think it was very similar in style to Grant Morrison's New X-Men and Joss Whedon's Astonishing X-Men.

Remember ushered Betsy into a role in which her actions and choices mattered, that gave her emotional depth, and allowed her to explore her powers. It was also during this time when Betsy was regularly appearing in three books and her character was written consistently across the board. Both Scott and Logan, even after during the Schism, depending on Betsy. She was BOTH of their go-to girls.

As for Fantomex -- I don't like him as a person, but I love him as a character. I think there's a huge difference in saying that. It was a plot that Remember continued from Morrison and he fit the story really well. Every good story needs a nice blend of characters that can bounce off each other. Betsy was arguably the main protagonist of Uncanny X-Force, and Fantomex was her foil. Without him, we wouldn't have gotten the to see the qualities of Betsy shine. There needs to be characters you love to hate, to keep the amp going.

As a Betsy fanatic, I do not like Fantomex as a healthy partner for her -- as a person; however, I think the type of relationship they had was a realistic, unhealthy relationship that was written well. Without his foil, Remember wouldn't have been able to give Betsy the agency she received.

Just like in real life, you're going to go through all sorts of relationships until you find the right one, and I'm totally fine with Betsy going through that with Fantomex. I found it a very enjoyable read, but not because I like them as a couple, but because it was an interesting and different relationship to read about.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

I felt it was a realistic take on a toxic relationship(poor girl has had a few of those) but yeah...kill it with fire. She needed it to grow and want better for herself but I'm glad it's over and should he ever return hope he never steps foot near her again.

In other words:

I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

To be fair Morrison's FantomeX and the Remender version that Betsy was boning weren't as toxic as the Humpheries and later versions we have.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    My opinions on Fantomex nearly got me unanimously disliked from the Psylocke appreciation thread circa 2010-2013. I was the only one actively voicing my fondness for Fantomex, while all the other fans absolutely wanted to, well... kill him with fire.

As for Fantomex -- I don't like him as a person, but I love him as a character. I think there's a huge difference in saying that. It was a plot that Remember continued from Morrison and he fit the story really well. Every good story needs a nice blend of characters that can bounce off each other. Betsy was arguably the main protagonist of Uncanny X-Force, and Fantomex was her foil. Without him, we wouldn't have gotten the to see the qualities of Betsy shine. There needs to be characters you love to hate, to keep the amp going.

As a Betsy fanatic, I do not like Fantomex as a healthy partner for her -- as a person; however, I think the type of relationship they had was a realistic, unhealthy relationship that was written well. Without his foil, Remember wouldn't have been able to give Betsy the agency she received.

Just like in real life, you're going to go through all sorts of relationships until you find the right one, and I'm totally fine with Betsy going through that with Fantomex. I found it a very enjoyable read, but not because I like them as a couple, but because it was an interesting and different relationship to read about.
    Going to throw out my interpretation of why I was not fond of the relationship aspect in Remender's run. I am okay with Fantomex and will argue that Morrisons Fantomex is different from UXF Fantomex but that is for another day. What bothered me is the way he is written to come in and start this predatory romance while she was with someone else. I don't know why some writers have this ingrained idea that if you try hard enough and pursue aggressively any woman will be seduced by you and admit they love you. It doesn't matter if they say no or if they punch you afterwards when you kiss them without their permission or if they are clearly in a relationship with someone else it just means wait a while and try again. No means yes or ask again. It is a form of coercion and manipulation to get the woman regardless of how they feel or disregarding their status in a relationship. The best example I can use is James Bond where he starts banging a woman who is fully aware that he murdered her husband but despite all odds just forcing himself on her is romantic because somehow she wanted it all along. :/

That is my reason why I am not fond of Fantomex's relationship with Betsy, its just another long line of romances wherein all you have to do is aggressively seduce the woman that is already in a relationship and somehow you win without any negative consequences.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Really disliked that character and her relationship with him. I've only ever liked her relationships with Angel and Thunderbird. And enjoyed her flirtation with married Cyclops.

Finally finished it...... Turmotulous Kwannon and Betsy 2-1.jpg