Page 62 of 123 FirstFirst ... 125258596061626364656672112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Maybe this is a full circle moment for Betsy.
    I was thinking the same thing, a time for her to move forward. This new development feels right in line with the things she was saying/thinking in the final issue of MIM.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I don't really see what the big fuss is. Betsy will now be Captain Britain handling magical and inter dimensional threats and Kwannon will be Psylocke the stealthy ninja assassin.
    I’m starting to agree as well. We now have the posh heroic British warrior and the stealthy cold sexy ninja. Two times the Psylocke.

It’s easier for me because I also always loved both aspects of her so...

I just wish her costume as Captain Britain was a little bit sexier hehe. More feminine in a traditional sense. Like the recent redesign. Maybe loose the plate armor and the cape. Love that the face is uncovered though. I hate masks and helmets. I like the roses :-)

Maybe when she joins the X-Men again she can go by Betsy Braddock or Lady Braddock. I mean the X-Men have a long history of females without codenames.

Can’t wait to see her in the version of her costume and she and Kwannon interacting.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I’m starting to agree as well. We now have the posh heroic British warrior and the stealthy cold sexy ninja. Two times the Psylocke.

It’s easier for me because I also always loved both aspects of her so...

I just wish her costume as Captain Britain was a little bit sexier hehe. More feminine in a traditional sense. Like the recent redesign. Maybe loose the plate armor and the cape. Love that the face is uncovered though. I hate masks and helmets. I like the roses :-)

Maybe when she joins the X-Men again she can go by Betsy Braddock or Lady Braddock. I mean the X-Men have a long history of females without codenames.

Can’t wait to see her in the version of her costume and she and Kwannon interacting.
    I am in the same boat I like both aspects, In a perfect world would X-men reboot they would have gone back Recton Elizabeth to have always been Asian and they avoid any of political or confusing aspects, and in MCU I could still see that happening. But since that isn't happening in the comics I think it is fair to put her best aspects into two characters leaving fans with both things.

I like Lady Braddock as name if she was to change from Captain Britain

Im ALL for Betsy being Cap Britain. Its 100% authentic character growth. What is annoying for me is basically throwing Kwannon into the swimsuit and "Psylocke" codename. It feels.....disrespectful. Like Kwannon is almost Betsys shallow "sexy side" personified. Im ALL for Kwannon sticking around but not as a Betsy clone. Give her a unique codename and uniform. Allow her to he her own character.
    Hearing other peoples perspectives is kind of getting me more to not liking that they did basically just make her Psylocke. Kwannon deserved to be her own character. I still don't know how I feel about this now. They shouldn't have given her the ninja costume or codename. I'm...I actually don't even know now actually. Who's idea was this? We need to find out. Kwannon could have been the Asian telepathic ninja. But why give her Psylocke's costume and codename when she had her own name and costume that could have been updated.
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-21-2019 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Full cover!
    Yaass!!
    Betsy is becoming what I really want her to be. The Knight of the Realm - Warrior Princess from Otherworld.
    I like the costume. It does give a little "weight" from the armor parts but I still think Betsy still can fight hand to hand very well in it. I also like Mahmud gave her face a different look from what we've seen before. Bigger eyes, lips and hairstyle.
    I'm glad that she's now "elevated" to a new status, a leader and explore what's been her birthright - the Otherworld with all the case of magic and stuff. As for the team, Jubes - Rogue & Gambit and Rictor excites me. Apocalypse kinda confuses me. Why would he join the group and follow Betsy? The team could use another hero or two from Britain tho.

as for Kwannon..
    I'm baffled yet it is predictable that Marvel is truly making her Psylocke 2.0.
    They dumped all Betsy's attributes; costume, looks, power, power signature and now Betsy's code name. This can only work if they have some interaction and Kwannon getting the blessed from Betsy to use her codename.
    Then again, why would Kwannon want to use Betsy's codename? She called herself Revanche before and knew Psylocke is Betsy Braddock. Is she trying to live up to Betsy's legacy?
    I really hope someday Kwannon get's her own identity that separate her from Betsy. But for now... at least please give the girl a new costume, not Jim Lee ones.
    This whole ordeal feels like an insult not only to Betsy-Psylocke fans but also an insult to Kwannon as a character.
    Hear out Marvel, the butterfly signature is Betsy's, give Kwannon other signature telepathic power.
    Last edited by MetalPsyc; 07-21-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Turning her back into her British roots was the best thing. I mean LOOK at her. She doesn't just sit at the round table, she controls it!

I like her suit. I don't mind that its kinda bulky. It's very knightly.

BANNED

I was gonna make a thread over this fiasco but I guess I'll keep it here..let's go back to the infamous Uncanny #328 fight..why didn't her psychic blade immobilize Sabretooth? All of a sudden, it doesnt work, they give him a Sinister smile to show it didnt work, and he decimates her like the killer he's always proven to be. Was that just to push Creed for that special where the original 5 were chasing him in NY or did the Wolverine claw pop really magically nullify a telepathic brain shot? It just dont make too much sense.

Incredible Member

I genuinely do not get why some people are whinging about this whole Betsy vs Kwannon issue.
    Marvel has "successfully" found a way to appease both camps. How about take it as a win-win?
    I for one am pleased that when I read about "Psylocke", I see the character I've been seeing for the last 30 odd years.
    Elizabeth Braddock - who people want to read about - is still up & about.
    It's not like this is a Jane Foster "Thor" episode...
    Last edited by Mr. White; 07-22-2019 at 02:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. White View Post
    I genuinely do not get why some people are whinging about this whole Betsy vs Kwannon issue.
    Psylocke as an established brand from late 1989 to mid-2018 is now de facto part of Kwannon's heritage. This clearly does not sit well with fans who feel Betsy's experiences are reduced to nothng more than a footnote.

If we replace Betsy Braddock as transformed by the Hand with another character, we might as well have Madelyne Pryor taking on the Marvel Girl or Phoenix code name.
    Marvel has "successfully" found a way to appease both camps. How about take it as a win-win?
    Success is a matter of opinion. Has Psylocke's return to her original body been successful so far, when her role in Soule's X-Men was arguably greater than anything she has been featured in since summer 2018? The answer is no, and without knowing what to expect from Excalibur, her popularity taking a huge blow remains a possibility in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Psylocke as an established brand from late 1989 to mid-2018 is now de facto part of Kwannon's heritage. This clearly does not sit well with fans who feel Betsy's experiences are reduced to nothng more than a footnote.

If we replace Betsy Braddock as transformed by the Hand with another character, we might as well have Madelyne Pryor taking on the Marvel Girl or Phoenix code name.
    Can you elaborate on this? I'm not understaning how Marvel establishing Psylocke for the past 20 yrs. is Kwannon's heritage. Kwannon was a low level empth assassin who was a ninja. This is after the retcon. If you take that all away. Psylocke is still a telepath telekinetic hand-to-hand fighter. Nothing is being taken away. The thing is this was there opportunity to do something different.

But in the end i'll just put it down to merchandise and video games. I'm whatever about it now. We will see how they roll this out. And I hope they make in very clear in both Excalibur and Fallen Angels that these are two different characters going forward. Kwannon is a blank slate and they can literally do ANYTHING with her.

Here's the thing. She better still show up in animated shows and video games. That is all.
    Last edited by CGAR; 07-22-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I actually kind of love the roses as well? I thought it was some type of crown in the beginning but it's so cute. Her hair pinned back like this >

I remember when people were originally saying Kwannon should take the name Psylocke someone mentioned Betsy should start calling herself "Monarch." Cebulski said that this change is supposed to be similar to when Carol took the Captain Marvel name so if Betsy really does hold this title for awhile that's great! But if she doesn't and changes her name I'm all for that. Monarch butterfly, she's a queen, she's at the top, has a nice ring to it, etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    as for Kwannon..
    I'm baffled yet it is predictable that Marvel is truly making her Psylocke 2.0.
    They dumped all Betsy's attributes; costume, looks, power, power signature and now Betsy's code name. This can only work if they have some interaction and Kwannon getting the blessed from Betsy to use her codename.
    Then again, why would Kwannon want to use Betsy's codename? She called herself Revanche before and knew Psylocke is Betsy Braddock. Is she trying to live up to Betsy's legacy?
    I really hope someday Kwannon get's her own identity that separate her from Betsy. But for now... at least please give the girl a new costume, not Jim Lee ones.
    This whole ordeal feels like an insult not only to Betsy-Psylocke fans but also an insult to Kwannon as a character.
    Hear out Marvel, the butterfly signature is Betsy's, give Kwannon other signature telepathic power.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I actually kind of love the roses as well? I thought it was some type of crown in the beginning but it's so cute. Her hair pinned back like this >

I remember when people were originally saying Kwannon should take the name Psylocke someone mentioned Betsy should start calling herself "Monarch." Cebulski said that this change is supposed to be similar to when Carol took the Captain Marvel name so if Betsy really does hold this title for awhile that's great! But if she doesn't and changes her name I'm all for that. Monarch butterfly, she's a queen, she's at the top, has a nice ring to it, etc etc.
    The only part that can be alarming is that if they indeed keep their power signatures identical. I think Betsy should still be a fighter and keep the butterfly signature, shield and long sword. Lavender wavy hair.

Kwannon is the ninja with the real metal katanas and she can have the psychic knife. Dark purple straight hair.

Also, Monarch is an AMAZING name for Betsy. i like her being Captain Britain in an Excalibur book, but as a general universe goes, I feel the nationalist characters are extremely cheesy.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Remember that this gives Betsy an even higher chance for having a prominent role in the MCU, or at least showing up in the MCU in general. Whether it's as Captain Britain or Psylocke. I'm pumped.
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Since they were never consistent with Psylockes hair. I hope they give Kwannon black hair. Sorry not sorry. All things purple belong to Betsy lol Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Since they were never consistent with Psylockes hair. I hope they give Kwannon black hair. Sorry not sorry. All things purple belong to Betsy lol Just my opinion.
    This is fair. It would be cool if the Captain Britain costume Betsy wear was tinted toward purple too.

Kwannon/Psylocke can wear navy blue and a red sash.