Page 111 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1161101107108109110111112113114115121 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,665 of 1836

I read it as more as Kwannon being angry at the entire situation & ignoring a much needed conversation. Betsy even tried to approach her & talk only for Kwannon to say it wasn't needed. Avoidance 101. I know both Hill & Tini have both said to different degrees that eventually they'll be a discussion. However in the importance of this whole X books relaunch, I can see it happening a long while in should both books last. Or in a annual sometimes next year.

I like the fact that Hill as revealed that Kwannon's not even her real name. I'm getting the idea she was some sort of child assassin/solider a la X-23 or even Cable in some ways.

I like that Betsy wanted to say something but Kwannon's like "Nope, nothing to talk about." I think it shows growth for Betsy, who wanted to avoid the body during her solo mini.

I want both of their books to succeed. My only complaint about Fallen Angels was the art. Some pages are beautiful, others are meh. Makes me wonder is that a styling choice or just being rushed. Excalibur's got beautiful colors & shadows, almost what I'd expect from a trippy magical tale. If Fallens more about psychological & personal issues I could see the art fitting it & growing on me.

BANNED

I honestly find the art on Excalibur a bit too clean and peppy. Mood is drained away. I could use it dirtied up a la To’s beautiful sketches and designs. It feels too sanitized for such a weird book. FA’s art is inconsistent but overall very atmospheric and impressive IMO.

Jae Anacleto Psylocke variant X-Men 3

https://www.instagram.com/p/B40V1o1h-tq/

That deserves to be in the Kwannon Psylocke thread. But very much would like to see that artists version of Captain Britain Betsy Braddock.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I honestly find the art on Excalibur a bit too clean and peppy. Mood is drained away. I could use it dirtied up a la To’s beautiful sketches and designs. It feels too sanitized for such a weird book. FA’s art is inconsistent but overall very atmospheric and impressive IMO.
    I agree. I kind of wish we got someone like Jerome Opena. Just because of what i've seen him create w Remender on their creator owned stuff.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I agree. I kind of wish we got someone like Jerome Opena. Just because of what i've seen him create w Remender on their creator owned stuff.
    Agreed. But To is a wonderful artist, and his sketch/design work is much more to my taste. The inking/color/whatever smoothing it all out and making it look like a middle of the road book is what I have issue with. I want more mess to it lol

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I agree. Dauterman would be perfect for the Otherworld arc.
    A picture would last longer darling...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I agree. Dauterman would be perfect for the Otherworld arc.
    Unf. Now I'm depressed.

now that i've read Fallen Angels I want "Psylocke" and "Braddock" to fight wearing their armor
    Screen Shot 2019-11-14 at 11.43.54 PM.jpg

It's exciting that the characters are both leads in their own books. fun time to be a fan! it would be cool if one of them had tk only and one of them had telepathy only. i want Betsy to be a precog again but she probably wouldn't be allowed to be on krakoa anymore since i think that's a rule.

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    now that i've read Fallen Angels I want "Psylocke" and "Braddock" to fight wearing their armor

It's exciting that the characters are both leads in their own books. fun time to be a fan! it would be cool if one of them had tk only and one of them had telepathy only. i want Betsy to be a precog again but she probably wouldn't be allowed to be on krakoa anymore since i think that's a rule.
    Its not a rule. Its a request that Moira made and she's presumed dead. Xavier is dead too, so its only Magneto around to uphold that and he's already shown to do his own things and not necesarily be holden to Moira. Precognition isnt her primary power but she could always get flashes. If that were to happen and Moira found out, she wouldnt kick Betsy out of Krakoa. She'd probably try to have her killed which itself could be an interesting angle

BANNED

I like To's art a lot. I don't know why everything needs to be dark and gritty, like. That is so Batman Begins. So tired of edge/dirtying up to evoke a "seriousness", clearly there's no sign of that trend dying down anytime soon either. (in reference to a lot of comments elsewhere about the book's aesthetic)

I thought everyone was ready for Betsy to be part of a brighter cleaner book than the X-Force wringer she's been stretched thin through for the last decade? I know I am.

Loving To's work so far with queen elizabeth.
    If I had to decide on another artist to interpret this story, it would be less gritty and "cool" a la Dautermann/Opena and more whimsical, like Adrian Alphona. Still in love with his astral plane Betsy from UXF.

Quote Originally Posted by slacker View Post
    I like To's art a lot. I don't know why everything needs to be dark and gritty, like. That is so Batman Begins. So tired of edge/dirtying up to evoke a "seriousness", clearly there's no sign of that trend dying down anytime soon either. (in reference to a lot of comments elsewhere about the book's aesthetic)

I thought everyone was ready for Betsy to be part of a brighter cleaner book than the X-Force wringer she's been stretched thin through for the last decade? I know I am.

Loving To's work so far with queen elizabeth.
    If I had to decide on another artist to interpret this story, it would be less gritty and "cool" a la Dautermann/Opena and more whimsical, like Adrian Alphona. Still in love with his astral plane Betsy from UXF.
    ...I don't think Dauterman is a "gritty" artist at all.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post

Pretty much all the telepaths have shown precognition at one point. What Moira really has issues with is the return of Destiny, as Destiny hunted her down and killed her in a prior life when Moira was a self hating mutant.

Fantastic Member

It’s inevitable. Maybe once they have both establish their identity apart from each other. Does anyone know how Kwanno came back from the dead? Is it from the resurrection pods?