Page 105 of 123 FirstFirst ... 55595101102103104105106107108109115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1836

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I love Betsy-Magneto dynamic so much. Gillen started drawing them close and Bunn gave us this incredible hatefuck tension... They simply have chemistry together.

I wish some writer aknowledge them as frenemies
    In my head that's why Magneto is showing up in issue 1 of Fallen Angels along with Betsy. I doubt it has anything to do with it but a Krakoan can dream.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Ultimate Member

I think it has FAR more to do with Kwannon being in that book than anything else...

Are you all buying into the theory that the little wolf from some of the preview art is going to be Captain Britain's new psi signature to replace the butterfly? Or do we think it's just going to be some one and done astral guide while she becomes Captain Britain?

This one:

I believe it is going to be her new signature

I read somewhere on twitter the wolves and lion fall in line with some sort of British mythology.

I forgot exactly who posted it.

But if anyone has any knowledge in this let us know.

Mighty Member

I hope not. They’re stripping away things that were Betsy’s to give to Kwannon.

its kind of already happening. Going by what editorial and the writers have already said.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    its kind of already happening. Going by what editorial and the writers have already said.
    I know and it’s kind of sad. It’s great she is getting this exposure, but sad she’s losing things that are her’s. I think Kwannon should go through a training period. When Betsy got the TK she had to train. If Kwannon is getting all of Betsy’s powers that were in the body created by Jamie, then she should have to adjust to it. Maybe not telepathy because she had that in Betsy’s original body, but definitely she shouldn’t be fully realized. I am interested in seeing how Betsy handles the mantle of Captain Britain this time.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I believe it is going to be her new signature

I read somewhere on twitter the wolves and lion fall in line with some sort of British mythology.

I forgot exactly who posted it.

But if anyone has any knowledge in this let us know.

We don’t have many wolf myths in Britain, now if it’s a fox avatar, we have Reynard and loads of folk history.
    Lions are purely heraldic.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I know and it’s kind of sad. It’s great she is getting this exposure, but sad she’s losing things that are her’s. I think Kwannon should go through a training period. When Betsy got the TK she had to train. If Kwannon is getting all of Betsy’s powers that were in the body created by Jamie, then she should have to adjust to it. Maybe not telepathy because she had that in Betsy’s original body, but definitely she shouldn’t be fully realized. I am interested in seeing how Betsy handles the mantle of Captain Britain this time.
    They’re doing the same to her brother Brian by giving his powers to Betsy. Also the amulet thing is weird. His powers haven’t worked like that since the early 80s, which seems like poor research from the writer. I guess I don’t see why one character has to suffer just so another can benefit. Seems a bit lazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Are you all buying into the theory that the little wolf from some of the preview art is going to be Captain Britain's new psi signature to replace the butterfly? Or do we think it's just going to be some one and done astral guide while she becomes Captain Britain?

This one:
    I don't know but he's fluffy and I love him. As someone mentioned previously, reminds me of Ninetales

And I'm OK with these changes because change is good.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Fantastic Member

Betsy should keep him as a pet

Losing the butterfly will be a disaster.

Betsy and Kwannon are each going to have to develop as individuals and it will take time.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Betsy and Kwannon are each going to have to develop as individuals and it will take time.
    Here's my prediction people will forget about Betsy(Captain Britain), and identify with Kwannon(Psylocke), If anything just on brand name alone.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    Losing the butterfly will be a disaster.
    I dont like it but it wont be a disaster. She's had some stints where she didnt use it anyway and was fine