Page 116 of 123 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,740 of 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I am living for Silva’s take on Betsy’s Captain Britain look.
    Attachment 89894
    Attachment 89895
    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Excalibur was disappointing

But I love Baetsy.

Attachment 89942
    Lovely!

The costume looked superb in the first two issues of Excalibur. I want it to look like that all of the time. Her hair and face looked great as well.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’m just not feeling Kwannon’s transformation into Psylocke. I’d much rather have her go by the name of Psyche (psi-key, and Psy-locke, for when Betsy goes back to her original moniker). Also, take away the telepathy, and make her an empath again. Make her the teke, and remove it from Betsy, and give Betsy her limited precognition abilities again.

And DESTROY the thongkini.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    Lovely!

The costume looked superb in the first two issues of Excalibur. I want it to look like that all of the time. Her hair and face looked great as well.
    Yeah Betsy looks amazing in Excalibur...actually everyone does

love Betsy's braided hairstyle alot - looks how a warrior would wear it

I’m just not feeling Kwannon’s transformation into Psylocke. I’d much rather have her go by the name of Psyche (psi-key, and Psy-locke, for when Betsy goes back to her original moniker). Also, take away the telepathy, and make her an empath again. Make her the teke, and remove it from Betsy, and give Betsy her limited precognition abilities again.

There was no transformation. They literally decided she was going to be Psylocke and thats what we have

They cant give Betsy back her precog powers bc it would break the DoX narrative. As per Moira, precogs arent allowed on Krakoa and if she had that back, it would need to be addressed and given her position as a lead figure in a book, it wouldnt work
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-09-2019 at 02:07 PM.

BANNED

When was the last time Betsy even displayed precognition? I’m happy to let her lose it.

All in all I hope Howard gets on the ball fast with showing her inner life. Because right now, Bryan Hill has done a hell of a job building a strong, distinct voice for the new Psylocke with nothing but shitty scraps and fetish gear from the crappy ‘90s books. Psylocke II is surprisingly one of the most unique and strong voices in the new line for me who keeps me reading, but Betsy is fluttering about in a messy storyline and not getting much personal exploration. She’s been my favorite X-Man for decades and it’s got nothing to do with the body swap (I wanted it reversed in X-Treme X-Men), so that’s not okay with me.

Now that Betsy's back in her white body, the only reason Kwannon even existed because they need the 90s Psylocke with thongkini back - all with the same butterfly effect and psy knife.
    Brian Hill writes a wonderful Kwannon, with depths and bad ass moments. But writing Kwannon should be on the easier side since she's a blank slate.

I'm still salty Betsy has to lose the butterfly effect, since they want the Psylocke brand to be the same as before. Brian acknowledged that both Kwannon and Betsy are butterflies, once shared one body.
    Theys should've let Betsy retain her butterfly when using telepathy. We've yet to see a different side to Betsy's power since she became Captain Britain. She doesn't seem to be much stronger (raw brute power) either. Pretty much the same as before - when she's a tp and tk. I'm diggin the hairstyle and costume tho.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    There was no transformation. They literally decided she was going to be Psylocke and thats what we have

They cant give Betsy back her precog powers bc it would break the DoX narrative. As per Moira, precogs arent allowed on Krakoa and if she had that back, it would need to be addressed and given her position as a lead figure in a book, it wouldnt work
    Precognition doesn't have to mean omniscience or something close to it, like Destiny has. Precognition could mean you just get premonitions, like Phoebe Halliwell.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Precognition doesn't have to mean omniscience or something close to it, like Destiny has. Precognition could mean you just get premonitions, like Phoebe Halliwell.
    But wouldn't even vague premonitions be seen as a possible threat? Even if she only gets like a slight 'vibe' about something, it could potentially lead her to places she's not supposed to be?

...Actually, no, that'd be fascinating. Give her that!!

Because I like this question from Twitter.

Hello my fellow Baetsy fans:

What are some things you all are hopeful to see for Captain Britain in 2020?

BANNED

Actually no. For starters marketing a character is about branding. Asian ninja Psylocke has been known as a tp/tk for quite sometime.

Changing powers for no reason is not how you market a character and make a character popular.

This is the same body wearing the same costume Psylocke was known for, and with the same code name and power for a reason.

It didn't work to have Elizabeth Braddock as a white woman in an Asian woman's body. So they put Betsy back in her own body, and tied her to her British/Otherworld heritage. This allowed them to explore Kwannon/Psylocke's heritage (Japan) and background, and actually characterize her for the first time.

And Elizabeth Braddock won't go back to being just a telepath either. Notice no one except for Xavier is just a plain telepath anymore. If anyone is able to resist psychic attacks, a plane telepath (Xavier) is dead. So most major telepaths are telekinetics, or in the case of Emma and the Cuckoos they have superstrong diamond forms.

BANNED

Because I like this question from Twitter.

Hello my fellow Baetsy fans:

I'm hoping her brother doesn't die and she gets to continue to maintain strong relations between her family (or, ya know, the members she gets on with) outside of being an ambassador for Krakoa.

Also a more defined arc; a real look into her identity and how it's somehow translated into stepping other people's shoes since the separation from Kwannon. Like a real, introspective look!

The awkward return of Shevaun Haldane. The awkward return of Neal Shaara.

i want to see Angel interact with both Captain Betsy and Psylocke II in the same vicinity ��

Considering how much time he spent with Betsy, it was a shame that he didnt get to react to her change, despite appearing with her in Disassembled

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    i want to see Angel interact with both Captain Betsy and Psylocke II in the same vicinity ��
    Yes this and : strong characterization, a new costume, alias, appearances in other media: cartoon, movies, tv series, video game...
    A picture would last longer darling...