Page 64 of 123 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

All of this happening and that guy Tazirai is nowhere to be seen. i think he will get crazy about this news. He fancies otherworld betsy so much...

I swear no-one remembers that Mojo gave her the name Psylocke during one of her Claremontian mentally-dominated-puppet phases. Not even sure why she kept it, never mind why anyone else would want it.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

I guess we can officially call Elizabeth the "British Psylocke" now haha
    I am so glad for the change.
    I guess a new thread should be started too for the name change.
    Bring on STRIKE, Roma, Jamie, The Fury, etc

Still waiting for the British tabloid press to find out and do some "Captain Britain is a woman now" faux-outrage headlines. Probably later in the week after we've all got over the shock of a bumbling haystack being elected Prime Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    I swear no-one remembers that Mojo gave her the name Psylocke during one of her Claremontian mentally-dominated-puppet phases. Not even sure why she kept it, never mind why anyone else would want it.
    As I've been telling folks on Twitter, "Psylocke" is the name Mojo and Spiral gave Betsy when they 1. suppressed her mind, 2. controlled her body, and 3. boosted her powers. I'd say Betsy moving out of the name and giving it to a woman she had a hand in doing the same to is Essential Character Growth™. It also reminds us she was a heroine BEFORE she was Psylocke. "Betsy Braddock" is the new "Jean Grey".

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I guess we can officially call Elizabeth the "British Psylocke" now haha
    I am so glad for the change.
    I guess a new thread should be started too for the name change.
    Bring on STRIKE, Roma, Jamie, The Fury, etc
    No, a new thread is completely unnecesary

Congratulations, Marvel.
    Now Betsy has a even more complicated chronology.
    And the popularity she use to have with games, cosplayers and action figures goes to another character.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Congratulations, Marvel.
    And the popularity she use to have with games, cosplayers and action figures goes to another character.
    Who looks exactly like her, has the same powers, has the same name, Is a ninja. Wow what a horrible move. Batman was Dick Grayson and Flash was Wally West look at the tragedy that caused.
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-23-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    Who looks exactly like her, has the same powers, has the same name, Is a ninja. Wow-what a horrible move
    It is. This reminds me of the mess that X-men Dimension did by having a Psylocke and Betsy in the game

Who looks exactly like her, has the same powers, has the same name, Is a ninja. Wow what a horrible move. Batman was Dick Grayson and Flash was Wally West look at the tragedy that caused.
    Bruce Wayne and Barry Allen were dead when that happened.
    Should they kill Betsy again?

I kind of agree with a lot of the things youre saying but i also think youre disregarding that Kwannon had her own look during her introduction. Why dont you think she should be in the costume she was introduced in or the original name she had?

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I kind of agree with a lot of the things youre saying but i also think youre disregarding that Kwannon had her own look during her introduction. Why dont you think she should be in the costume she was introduced in or the original name she had?
    I think we’re all ready for a new unique look, but let’s build the bridge first. Kwannon needs to fully accept the Psylocke identity first, and the new costume immediately follows it. It’s boilerplate superhero origin.

It’s also why I’d have preferred Jubilee to be the sidekick in fallen angels. Jubilee knew Psylocke at her beginning as a ninja hero, and knows what a hero she could be. Now get us Neal Shaara in place of WiFi and this becomes a comedy trio for tha gods
    Last edited by CRaymond; 07-23-2019 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I am not disregarding anything when was the first time you saw Kwannon? Your answer is when she was introduced and they discovered they are two of them, My answer is when you saw Psylocke in Asian form. Which forms our different perspectives I am going to ask this question. Betsy Braddock got to benefit from being an Asian character and martial background that character brought to the table, Growing to amazing popularity because of her change. Why can't Kwannon benefit from using the old costume and name? It seems like a fair exchange, right?
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 07-23-2019 at 09:43 AM.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, a new thread is completely unnecesary
    but a name change should occur with Cap Brit title added to the name

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant X View Post
    Congratulations, Marvel.
    Yeah, the programmers and artists at Capcom Japan seemed particularly fond of the character, Betsy and Storm are the two Marvel heroines with the most appearances in the Marvel Capcom video game series.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"