Page 39 of 123 FirstFirst ... 293536373839404142434989 ... LastLast

Psylocke FINALLY talks about what it felt like to be in her original body vs Kwannon's. Too bad it happens in an alternate reality but I guess we can take AoX as a reflection for how she might actually feel

Yes, I think your feelings about it are similar.

You know, she having been a supermodel, everything that Leah explores in this comic makes sense. There are many cases of beautiful women who have problems with their appearance. This comic makes Psylocke a more complex and profound character.

Quote Originally Posted by Iatet View Post
    Attachment 81163

Don't know the artist, but I love it.
    That’s gorgeous.

I’m glad that X-tremists is getting somewhat better and Elisabeth is still the best part of it.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Psylocke FINALLY talks about what it felt like to be in her original body vs Kwannon's. Too bad it happens in an alternate reality but I guess we can take AoX as a reflection for how she might actually feel
    Though all of it was colored by how things were different in the AoX reality so it's all messed up, and I don't remember Betsy often if ever having a problem with her appearance even in the Asian body...

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Though all of it was colored by how things were different in the AoX reality so it's all messed up, and I don't remember Betsy often if ever having a problem with her appearance even in the Asian body...
    The point of the scene is that she didn't have problems with her appearance in the Asian body because it wasn't her own. She was able to look at it more objectively and feel beautiful because she saw Kwannon as beautiful. It makes sense why she rejected the opportunity to go back to her original body several times in the past.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    She is literally still Psylocke, she's more than a thong and Fake Asian. The current costume is awesome, and mixes her changes and her old attire.
    Psylocke rocks and has in the past, and still does now.

HOWEVER! I do like the outfit my friend Jao Pinto drew for her.

It’s impressive how his art has evolved since our days in Le Forum. Is he around in this boards?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    The point of the scene is that she didn't have problems with her appearance in the Asian body because it wasn't her own. She was able to look at it more objectively and feel beautiful because she saw Kwannon as beautiful. It makes sense why she rejected the opportunity to go back to her original body several times in the past.
    Well it wasn't 100% Kwannon's body remember, it was partially her old English body as the two bodies were mixed, Betsy and Kwannon didn't just swap bodies it went much deeper and more complicated than that...

Well it wasn't 100% Kwannon's body remember, it was partially her old English body as the two bodies were mixed, Betsy and Kwannon didn't just swap bodies it went much deeper and more complicated than that...
    that doesnt matter as it visually did not look like the body she was born with. The point still remains

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    Good insight and thats actually quite sad. Leah is giving Betsy some much needed character insight which unfortunately has been lacking for her in 616

Ultimate Member

Though that would then fly in the face of the statements that she always wanted to go back to her English body just couldn't for various reasons, she had long ago accepted being in the more Asian body and viewed herself as being beautiful and all, it wasn't the body that she was born with but she accepted it as her own...

Though that would then fly in the face of the statements that she always wanted to go back to her English body just couldn't for various reasons, she had long ago accepted being in the more Asian body and viewed herself as being beautiful and all, it wasn't the body that she was born with but she accepted it as her own...
    It's called executive meddling. Every time a writer did a body storyline they weren't allowed to switch her back until recently. Claremont has tried to do it how many times? Remender even alluded to it in one of his arcs. I don't recall if wood did anything with Betsy? There was also that mini about her body being defiled how many times now? She never accepted it, she kept regretting what had happened to her as evident with the number of times the flashback keeps happening.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Then again she had accepted the new body and liked it in canon, the body thing just became for Betsy what the Phoenix did for Jean, that every writer seemed to just have to bring it up whether the situation called for it or not...until they changed her in a mini that wasn't even the focus of the storyline...and have done little to nothing about it since...

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    It's called executive meddling. Every time a writer did a body storyline they weren't allowed to switch her back until recently. Claremont has tried to do it how many times? Remender even alluded to it in one of his arcs. I don't recall if wood did anything with Betsy? There was also that mini about her body being defiled how many times now? She never accepted it, she kept regretting what had happened to her as evident with the number of times the flashback keeps happening.
    Although in the same breath, the body that she had been in had been defiled many times over from Mojo to her brother but she accepted it all the same choosing to remain as she was. It seems more a matter of accepting that that you are you no matter the form you take.

BANNED

I miss the 90s Elizabeth that used to openly go after Cyclops and even made sure Jean knew she was defying their relationship...it was comedy.

Ultimate Member

That was mostly Kwannon's influence, as once that was settled Betsy didn't show much interest in Scott thankfully, and Betsy and Jean got along...

BANNED

X-Men #31 Apr 1994
    "Soul Possessions Part One: The Butterfly & the Hawk"
    Spiral watches through Revanche's bionic eyes as Revanche seemingly prepares to attack a sleeping Charles Xavier.
    Just then, however, the feed cuts out, and the next morning Xavier reveals to Psylocke that Revanche left him a note saying she was leaving.
    Psylocke declines to tell him that Revanche left her her bionic eyes.
    In Japan, Matsuo recalls his past relationship with Kwannon, then meets with Spiral.

At the X-Mansion, Archangel invites Psylocke to breakfast while Xavier discusses his intentions to re-open Emma Frost's school with Beast,
    and Gambit checks on Rogue, who has been acting strangely since they returned from New Orleans. In Japan, Revanche tracks down Matsuo.
    She forces him to admit the truth of her origins. Dying of the Legacy Virus, she then asks Matsuo to end her life, and he does,

a sensation Psylocke feels a half a world away, as she and Archangel return to the mansion to find
    Spiral waiting for her, offering to answer all the questions she has about her relationship to Kwannon.

Script by Fabian Nicieza, pencils by Andy Kubert, inks by Matt Ryan