Page 113 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1363103109110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,695 of 1725
  1. #1681
    Mighty Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,732

    Default

    I really did this uniform as well. I hope they bring it back.

    And I agree with the long flowing purple hair.

    Please and thank you.
    New Mutants [01] : Reveiw and Spoilers https://youtu.be/VFGvoMLl3zU

    Excalibur [01] : Review and Spoilers https://youtu.be/-p64QHBVO_c

    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/ckgarcia07

    IG: http://www.instagram.com/chrismonsoon

  2. #1682
    Incredible Member MetalPsyc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    682

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    I like to think that Kwannon was the dark spirit Betsy fought in the sisterhood arc. Otherwise it really makes no sense that she was there the whole time. I am enjoying the direction they're both going in. Nitpicking the soft reboot will drive one crazy. The little things have gone to the side and we will have 2 fully fleshed out characters in the end. It makes sense.....
    That dark spirit resided in Betsy's original body - not the Psylocke body.
    Betsy fought an (evil) lady mandarin spirit to reclaim her Psylocke body in New Exiles. That spirit should've been Kwannon IMO. But she already banished and killed both spirits. So..??

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    When Kwannon and Betsy both look in the mirror, they see their original bodies and thats all that matters going forward
    Except.. Kwannon's Body - Psylocke is a body that's not similar to her OG body. It has been tampered/merged so aspects of Betsy can also be seen in that body (eg. Purple hair and eyes, etc)

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I would've LOVED the name Monarch for her. I'm so upset Jamie took it. If she doesn't go back to Psylocke maybe something still tying her to the Otherworld roots? "Avalon?"
    I'm kind of back into armored Betsy so while I love the Disassembled look I wouldn't mind a modernized update to the Outback armor, but I could do without the cape and mask.
    Monarch would be the perfect codename for Betsy if ever she'll lose the Cap Brit title and Marvel never uses Psylocke for her again.

    As for costume, I really like the X-tremist costume with long flowy hair:


  3. #1683
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    how about Asrar's unused design? Its a mix of her modern look with her Outback armor

    Ooooh yes. I forgot all about that design. Yes, I would like to see this.

  4. #1684
    Moo-tant? Ultimate Rogue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Wales
    Posts
    665

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    how about Asrar's unused design? Its a mix of her modern look with her Outback armor

    Ooh, I like that one


    I found this on Todd Naucks twitter feed, from awhile back...


  5. #1685
    Astonishing Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    4,950

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ultimate Rogue View Post
    Ooh, I like that one


    I found this on Todd Naucks twitter feed, from awhile back...

    Lil' Psylocke! Love it!

  6. #1686
    All-New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    1

    Default

    I personally kind of like the name Psyonne if she ever loses the Captain Britain title. Like a play on scion since she comes from aristocracy. But I like Monarch if not. I feel like at this point its a guarantee shes not getting Psylocke back unless Kwannon crashes and burns.

    At first I was upset about Betsy losing so much of her character to Kwannon, but Im excited about what the future holds for her.

  7. #1687
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    1,657

    Default

    You all think the horn means something? Or just Asrar having some fun? He’s been pretty consistent with only doing the sword and shield on the covers before.


  8. #1688
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    269

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    You all think the horn means something? Or just Asrar having some fun? He’s been pretty consistent with only doing the sword and shield on the covers before.

    I think it goes back to the sport of fox hunting. Didn’t they used to blow a horn?

  9. #1689
    Spectacular Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I think it goes back to the sport of fox hunting. Didn’t they used to blow a horn?
    Yes, but the horn has other magical resonance too, most commonly in association with The Wild Hunt.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Hunt

  10. #1690
    Mighty Member Veitha's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Yes, but the horn has other magical resonance too, most commonly in association with The Wild Hunt.

    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wild_Hunt
    Oh the Wild Hunt is such a cool theme.

    Betsy's Wild Hunt vs Apoc's Four Horsemen. I'm all in for that.

  11. #1691
    Incredible Member Hybrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    970

    Default

    They've said how Betsy becoming Captain Britain is a big shift on par with Carol becoming Captain Marvel. They also made Kwannon the new Psylocke to keep a version of the most recognizable iteration of the name.

    So is this going to be a permanent shift? It'll probably take some getting used to, but at least they compromised.

  12. #1692
    Astonishing Member Killerbee911's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    2,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    They've said how Betsy becoming Captain Britain is a big shift on par with Carol becoming Captain Marvel. They also made Kwannon the new Psylocke to keep a version of the most recognizable iteration of the name.

    So is this going to be a permanent shift? It'll probably take some getting used to, but at least they compromised.
    It could be a permanent shift but that depends on how it catches on with the fans but she will be Captain Britain for awhile because there is no reason for them rush back a previous version because Kwannon is filling that role.

  13. #1693
    Ultimate Member Wiccan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    10,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    They've said how Betsy becoming Captain Britain is a big shift on par with Carol becoming Captain Marvel. They also made Kwannon the new Psylocke to keep a version of the most recognizable iteration of the name.

    So is this going to be a permanent shift? It'll probably take some getting used to, but at least they compromised.
    I think the current people involved(Cebulski, Tini, JDW) definetely plan for it to stick. But whether it actually will, it depends on whether whoever takes over after they're gone decides to keep it like that or not.

  14. #1694
    Ambiguous Hero Psy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    That dark spirit resided in Betsy's original body - not the Psylocke body.
    Betsy fought an (evil) lady mandarin spirit to reclaim her Psylocke body in New Exiles. That spirit should've been Kwannon IMO. But she already banished and killed both. So?
    I am speaking of when The Red Queen, ie. Maddie. Brought Psylocke back into the body that Kwannon died in. She had the body removed from its grave. Psylocke was then blasted by dazzler and brought to. She committed suicide and psi stabbed herself. She then had to fight a dark entity in the same costume as her to reclaim the Psylocke body. That's the spirit I am speaking of. She could have defeated it but maybe not entirely banished it. Maybe she brought Kwannon to, and that's how she became trapped. Regardless. She fought the spirit for the Psylocke body as Betsy just killed the Betsy body.

  15. #1695
    In the wobbly seat The Quiet Councilor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    372

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It could be a permanent shift but that depends on how it catches on with the fans but she will be Captain Britain for awhile because there is no reason for them rush back a previous version because Kwannon is filling that role.
    Whatever else happens with Betsy, its probably safe to assume the Psylocke codename wont be reverting back to her. Marvel bore years of criticism from fans and creators over the problematic body swap because ninja Psylocke is the Psylocke brand for them. They wont be walking this one back.
    Last edited by The Quiet Councilor; 11-22-2019 at 07:15 AM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •