Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104110111112113114115 LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1725
  1. #1696
    Mighty Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Yeah they shouldnt revert her back to Psylocke if the Captain Britain mantle doesn't work out.

    I think it's going well for 'Kwannon".

    Just some thoughts:

    I just hope they keep her Betsy's warrior mentality and fighting skills.

    She didnt want an Asian ninja body.

    She just wanted a body that would help her achieve things she strived for.

    She created her own perfect body that she alwasy wanted and seen herself as internally. (Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor)

    People think because she's not in the Asian body she should lose the fighting skills.

    I disagree because you don't just lose all those years of training just because you create a new body.

    Yeah, I get she may have to get use to her new body but I don't think she should ever be viewed as someone who hasn't the skill to fight.

    If Kitty, Logan, Natasha, Murdock, etc can all be martial artist with great hand2hand skills than Betsy can as well.

    I'm hoping Tini starts giving the rest of the Excalibur team spotlight and work on the character beats and dialogue so people continue with the book.

    I like that Betsy is a lead in a title.
    New Mutants [01] : Reveiw and Spoilers https://youtu.be/VFGvoMLl3zU

    Excalibur [01] : Review and Spoilers https://youtu.be/-p64QHBVO_c

    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/ckgarcia07

    IG: http://www.instagram.com/chrismonsoon

  2. #1697
    Astonishing Member Beetle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    2,287

    Default

    I really like the potential of the psychic horn. I don't think musical instruments is a direction they've gone in before with these psychic constructs
    And it could be like a bugle call to arms, a military signal.

  3. #1698
    Fantastic Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Oh the Wild Hunt is such a cool theme.

    Betsy's Wild Hunt vs Apoc's Four Horsemen. I'm all in for that.
    She may just be using it to control the Wardogs, but yeah, Iím up for The Wild Hunt.

  4. #1699
    In the wobbly seat The Quiet Councilor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    379

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Yeah they shouldnt revert her back to Psylocke if the Captain Britain mantle doesn't work out.

    I think it's going well for 'Kwannon".

    Just some thoughts:

    I just hope they keep her Betsy's warrior mentality and fighting skills.

    She didnt want an Asian ninja body.

    She just wanted a body that would help her achieve things she strived for.

    She created her own perfect body that she alwasy wanted and seen herself as internally. (Hunt for Wolverine: Mystery in Madripoor)

    People think because she's not in the Asian body she should lose the fighting skills.

    I disagree because you don't just lose all those years of training just because you create a new body.

    Yeah, I get she may have to get use to her new body but I don't think she should ever be viewed as someone who hasn't the skill to fight.

    If Kitty, Logan, Natasha, Murdock, etc can all be martial artist with great hand2hand skills than Betsy can as well.

    I'm hoping Tini starts giving the rest of the Excalibur team spotlight and work on the character beats and dialogue so people continue with the book.

    I like that Betsy is a lead in a title.
    Agreed 100%. The split was a boon to both characters, and I’ve never been more excited for Betsy (despite being a little underwhelmed by Excalibur thus far).

  5. #1700
    Focused Totality Psycwave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Cavern X
    Posts
    1,658

    Default

    I don't think she's lost the martial arts prowess but I doubt we'll see a lot of drawn out h2h fights anymore. The role of CB plus the sword/shield give her more of a brawler vibe. I anticipate a lot of charging, hacking and slashing.

  6. #1701
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,840

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I don't think she's lost the martial arts prowess but I doubt we'll see a lot of drawn out h2h fights anymore. The role of CB plus the sword/shield give her more of a brawler vibe. I anticipate a lot of charging, hacking and slashing.
    yeah her current role doesnt seem suited for the martial art style she used before and IMO it would seem odd with this bulky costume. Her Disassembled one was made more for that

  7. #1702
    Mighty Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Did Betsy just view the butterfly as beauty?

    I feel like Mike Carey delved into that but I can't find the panels.
    New Mutants [01] : Reveiw and Spoilers https://youtu.be/VFGvoMLl3zU

    Excalibur [01] : Review and Spoilers https://youtu.be/-p64QHBVO_c

    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/ckgarcia07

    IG: http://www.instagram.com/chrismonsoon

  8. #1703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Did Betsy just view the butterfly as beauty?

    I feel like Mike Carey delved into that but I can't find the panels.
    It represents the subtlety and fine control of her psionic powers. lol Betsy doesn't care about beauty.


  9. #1704
    Mighty Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Yeah I get that he's trying to elevate 'Kwannon'. And he's actually doing a decent job at that. But these little off the cuff comments he has Kwannon making about Betsy just kind of rubs me the wrong way.

    Especially when the writer of Excalibur is literally avoiding any and all introspection. And we've been waiting since August 2018.

    But whatever. Guess I'll just go with the flow.
    New Mutants [01] : Reveiw and Spoilers https://youtu.be/VFGvoMLl3zU

    Excalibur [01] : Review and Spoilers https://youtu.be/-p64QHBVO_c

    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/ckgarcia07

    IG: http://www.instagram.com/chrismonsoon

  10. #1705
    Casual Comics Reader/Fan Londo Bellian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Taking time off from 'Marvel Future Fight' on my cell
    Posts
    1,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    I don't think she's lost the martial arts prowess but I doubt we'll see a lot of drawn out h2h fights anymore. The role of CB plus the sword/shield give her more of a brawler vibe. I anticipate a lot of charging, hacking and slashing.
    Perhaps more of an MMORPG tank rather than DPS.
    Genkai nante nai (No limits), Zettai nante nai (No absolutes)

    The Current Hill that I Risk Dying On: #KrakoaNEVERMYXMEN
    "I promise, I'll definitely save you. With my tenth and final life, I WILL PROTECT YOU, MUTANDOKA!" ~HoMoira Kinross Akemi

  11. #1706
    Mighty Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    I'm actually interested to see what the Amulet of Right does for her.

    Is it just going to give her the exact powers that Brian had with it.

    Or will it elevate her current powers and add some new stuff.

    Or elevate her TK/TP plus add the powers that Brian had.

    What did the sword give Faiza?
    New Mutants [01] : Reveiw and Spoilers https://youtu.be/VFGvoMLl3zU

    Excalibur [01] : Review and Spoilers https://youtu.be/-p64QHBVO_c

    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/ckgarcia07

    IG: http://www.instagram.com/chrismonsoon

  12. #1707
    Ambiguous Hero Psy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I'm actually interested to see what the Amulet of Right does for her.

    Is it just going to give her the exact powers that Brian had with it.

    Or will it elevate her current powers and add some new stuff.

    Or elevate her TK/TP plus add the powers that Brian had.

    What did the sword give Faiza?
    She has worn the suit before. So I would assume it would be just like that. Flight and super strength and endurance. Plus her psychic abilities. Honestly though, who knows in this new status quo lol....

  13. #1708
    Mighty Member CGAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,737

    Default

    Yeah I remember her having it during Remender's run as well. But I don't remember it changing or doing much to her power wise.
    New Mutants [01] : Reveiw and Spoilers https://youtu.be/VFGvoMLl3zU

    Excalibur [01] : Review and Spoilers https://youtu.be/-p64QHBVO_c

    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/ckgarcia07

    IG: http://www.instagram.com/chrismonsoon

  14. #1709
    Ultimate Member Havok83's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    15,840

    Default

    Now Dazzler is gonna be Kwannon's friend too. Sure, lets give EVERYTHING about Betsy to her

  15. #1710
    Astonishing Member powerpax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Posts
    2,114

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Now Dazzler is gonna be Kwannon's friend too. Sure, lets give EVERYTHING about Betsy to her
    That’s not what happened in that scene. Ali is a people pleaser.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •