Page 108 of 123 FirstFirst ... 85898104105106107108109110111112118 ... LastLast
Results 1,606 to 1,620 of 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Co-signed. Plus she made the decision herself just recently so let's go Purple Power!

Queen knows no matter what the powers/outfit the purple hair is the brand. It can never leave.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 11-11-2019 at 12:32 PM.

The fact that her iconic purple hair is a gift from Alan Moore... ugh her power.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Oh nooooo lol. Blonde Betsy is cute for an occasional flashback or what if but the purple will always reign supreme for me.
    And most people don't even know that she was a blonde originally so it doesn't really feel like it's apart of her identity, imo.
    I agree here. this is why i thought going back to her original look would be beneficial in separating her from kwannon. but i get your point.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    they should have opted to give her a blonde/purple ombre

Blondelocke was beautiful on the UXM cover but I see them not having gone there bc of Emma

oh now this would be cute. I like it.

Co-signed. Plus she made the decision herself just recently so let's go Purple Power!

what issue is this?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

If he’s going to just be like “Kwannon was inside there all this time” I think that’s kind of bull.. unless Jamie did that to mind **** Betsy eventually.. I can’t really see Jamie recreating That body and bring Betsy back to life to have a piece or all of Kwannon floating on the back burner. I think he doesn’t have the whole history of both these characters. He’s ignoring what he wants. Fine if you can create a decent and believable story from it and make people say “that makes sense. I buy that”

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I agree here. this is why i thought going back to her original look would be beneficial in separating her from kwannon. but i get your point.

oh now this would be cute. I like it.

what issue is this?
    Mystery in Madripoor

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Mystery in Madripoor
    oh ok thank you. I didnt recall that scene.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I wouldn't mind her having an outer space adventure arc. How does her telepathy interact with alien races, etc.

Mighty Member

It’s issue 4 when she rebuilds her body.

I remember clapping loudly to myself when she turned it purple.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Keeping a piece of Kwannon’s psyche stuck riding along with Betsy (without any control) is the only way to make Kwannon relevant today. I understand adding that retcon.

Eww no to blonde. Betsy ditched that aeons ago. Purple is her lewk.

Three things I'm excited for:
    1. Next big fight with Morgan. I want Captain Britain to stomp her out!
    2. The first batch of magic mutants. Is Apocalypse going to be leading the charge on getting them to Krakoa (or maybe Avalon?) or will it fall under Betsy? And to that point, what exactly their relationship is going to be like moving forward. He seems to have been planning this. I would also like to see Betsy a little bit more uneasy about him. I mean, all the stuff with Warren/Genesis and just Poccy in general? I feel like she should have as much animosity towards him as Gambit.
    3. Her leading. I love Leader Betsy but her previous trys at leadership felt very brief. Almost inconsequential? I'm ready to get some big moves and see how she navigates this team; which is full of leaders already.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 11-11-2019 at 08:50 PM.

BANNED

I know it would fly in the face of so much from UXF and with Warren, but as I’ve said before I would potentially be down with risky-ass Betsy having a torrid affair with courtly sorcerer Poccy. I’m bad, I know.

IIRC Remender wanted to make her an Avenger and got overruled. We’re past the days of commingling those books and this is a much better place, but I’ll always wonder about that. I remember that in Betsy’s especially lean years pre-UXF I had the insane idea of making her Daredevil’s new gf. It would have worked!!

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Keeping a piece of Kwannon’s psyche stuck riding along with Betsy (without any control) is the only way to make Kwannon relevant today. I understand adding that retcon.
    I'm OK with it too as long as it doesn't completely define Kwannon. But it's an interesting idea.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Three things I'm excited for:
    1. Next big fight with Morgan. I want Captain Britain to stomp her out!
    2. The first batch of magic mutants. Is Apocalypse going to be leading the charge on getting them to Krakoa (or maybe Avalon?) or will it fall under Betsy? And to that point, what exactly their relationship is going to be like moving forward. He seems to have been planning this. I would also like to see Betsy a little bit more uneasy about him. I mean, all the stuff with Warren/Genesis and just Poccy in general? I feel like she should have as much animosity towards him as Gambit.
    3. Her leading. I love Leader Betsy but her previous trys and leadership felt very brief. Almost inconsequential? I'm ready to get some big moves and see how she navigates this team; which is full of leaders already.
    I definitely want to see her react to Apocalypse. After everything she’s been through because of him, it will be interesting to see. Especially if he’s trying to get into Otherworld, since her father is from there. Hopefully there will be a need to protect that realm from him.

I'm OK with it too as long as it doesn't completely define Kwannon. But it's an interesting idea.
    Well within the retcon in the 90's weren't their minds both merged together so that part of Kwannon was in Betsy and a part of Betsy was in Kwannon (when she was in the original Betsy body)? This is sort of confusing but it is all too similar to Jean and Phoenix (where they can be separate but still intimately connected/part of each other).

My main gripe will be Besty losing the Psylocke name and butterfly effect. Mike Carey went so far to say that the butterfly was unique to Besty and even comparing it with the Phoenix effect (saying the Phoenix manifests with any host but Betsy's butterfly effect was special). I wonder how we can explain if new Psylocke has the butterfly imagery.