Page 100 of 123 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104110 ... LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Selene View Post
    Only positives for me were the art and the scenes with Brian and Jamie.Just how exactly has Betsy stolen Kwannon's life while being left with no choice but to inhabit her body?What was she supposed to do,kill herself?
    I can imagine her having some guilt about it since she went around killing a lot of people. It was not her fault that she had that body at all, but she might have had some sort of survivor's guilt about it. Emma couldn't do anything about Genosha but she almost went crazy for the guilt in Astonishing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Mandela Effect!
    I really don't think so here. But I'm too tired to trawl through old issues, lol. It's not that important, since the z was the pre-UXM spelling and Claremont apparently set out to fix it not long back.

BANNED

Only positives for me were the art and the scenes with Brian and Jamie.Just how exactly has Betsy stolen Kwannon's life while being left with no choice but to inhabit her body?What was she supposed to do,kill herself?
    I haven't read this. But from the remarks I've read it appears as if the writer is trying to emphasize that this is a completely new character and different from the one we are familiar with from the last 20 or so years.

Yes I know that she was a white woman before the early 90's. But a bulk of us who love, admire and worship and have been influenced by her..Sorry I had catch myself there.

That is how we see and remember her. So personally this is a completely different character woman. Too lazy to put up the panels but in one of the early issues of X-Men in an exchange with Kwannon, she mentions that she remembers her life growing up as a child in Blighty. Not someone elses life. The Betsy Braddock/Psylocke who graced the books from 90's to the 2010's is dead.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I must say I loved 90% of the issue, and if you're a fan of Fantasy and Superheroic fantasy. Then this series is for you. While Marauders is more a fun swashbuckling romp, this is Queen Arthur with deep mythology and Mutant Magic tied into a family familiar with such things.

My biggest issue is actually the art, which I love. Most of us who do art have our styles, I like thicker curvier women, and that's what I mostly draw. To is becoming one of my favorite Betsy Artists. He makes her looks so good. However, all of his women in normal clothes tend to look alike. Once they are in a costume the differences become apparent. Betsy is curvier again, Rogue is Athletic and powerful, Jubilee is lithe and quick looking etc.

That's really my only issue with this issue.

The storyline they are building makes sense for the Braddock clan, HOW she becomes Captain Britain makes sense. WHY she goes by Betsy now makes sense etc.

The only other issue I have is them constantly trying to retcon her into being a tomboy. Who hated dresses and loved pants. For most people who've never read the Captain Britain series, this won't matter much. That's not your Betsy. But for those of who have, Know she loved dresses and skirts lol. She wore them constantly.

So outside of a minor retcon and some art issues that will probably adjust later, I like the direction and have always wanted more Otherworld. HEAR HEAR!
    I have a memory that Elizabeth was a tomboy as a kid and Brian was bookish, but the comics are upstairs and I am not. And I can’t recall where this was, except I think it was Claremont not Moore, which doesn’t narrow it down much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    I haven't read this. But from the remarks I've read it appears as if the writer is trying to emphasize that this is a completely new character and different from the one we are familiar with from the last 20 or so years.

That is how we see and remember her. So personally this is a completely different character woman. Too lazy to put up the panels but in one of the early issues of X-Men in an exchange with Kwannon, she mentions that she remembers her life growing up as a child in Blighty. Not someone elses life. The Betsy Braddock/Psylocke who graced the books from 90's to the 2010's is dead.
    The writer is not doing that at all. This is definitely Betsy Braddock that we know and love.

Yeah, objectively, it's not her fault.

But emotions, including guilt, aren't all that rational.

BANNED

Betsy and Jamie have always been hawt.

Loved the issue, a month wait for the next is too long!

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    The writer is not doing that at all. This is definitely Betsy Braddock that we know and love.
    When she went and crushed Jamie's wrist I was like "oh that's Psylocke right there".

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I can imagine her having some guilt about it since she went around killing a lot of people. It was not her fault that she had that body at all, but she might have had some sort of survivor's guilt about it. Emma couldn't do anything about Genosha but she almost went crazy for the guilt in Astonishing.
    Emma willingly brought students to Genosha, ignoring the dangers of leading a life on an island that was a target for anti-mutant mobs.Rogue was a misguided teenager,but she willingly attacked Carol Danvers and brought about irreparable trauma to her.Psylocke had no choice in the matter,but she's a self-proclaimed thief of lives now.

And it's one thing to feel a measure of guilt over the fact that she survived while Kwannon did not,it's quite another to describe the life she led after passing through the Siege Perilous as a "mistake"(those were her words in that page).That's definitely a divergence from any characterisation Psylocke has ever had,be it Claremont's,or Nicieza's,or Spurrier's.

Emma willingly brought students to Genosha, ignoring the dangers of leading a life on an island that was a target for anti-mutant mobs.Rogue was a misguided teenager,but she willingly attacked Carol Danvers and brought about irreparable trauma to her.Psylocke had no choice in the matter,but she's a self-proclaimed thief of lives now.

And it's one thing to feel a measure of guilt over the fact that she survived while Kwannon did not,it's quite another to describe the life she led after passing through the Siege Perilous as a "mistake"(those were her words in that page).That's definitely a divergence from any characterisation Psylocke has ever had,be it Claremont's,or Nicieza's,or Spurrier's.
    I feel like like now that she has to see Kwannon more often. Maybe she is having some self reflection. I don't see that as bad.

I feel like like now that she has to see Kwannon more often. Maybe she is having some self reflection. I don't see that as bad.
    Yeah I kinda saw her saying that while in a mood. Like when I spill something in the kitchen I'm the "biggest idiot". Stuff is definitely coming up for healing.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

The whole interaction came out as scorn toward every previous Psylocke story to me.I'd like to see where the writer is going with this,but if Psylocke feels guilt over enjoying being transferred into a body whose original host had been brain-dead,what should she feel about the millions of private thoughts she's had access to as a telepath?She might as well retire away from superhero life if that's the standard she judges herself by.

I think I read it differently. She says something like "facing the things I did in that body". I took that as the bad stuff. The Uncanny X-Force era. Addicted to killing. Or other things. Fantomex. Warren. Cable. Etc. She doesnt want to face it right now. Down the line they will.

It's kinda interesting because she literally has to look at "herself" now. Something we all must do periodically on the journey.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whist View Post
    I have a memory that Elizabeth was a tomboy as a kid and Brian was bookish, but the comics are upstairs and I am not. And I can’t recall where this was, except I think it was Claremont not Moore, which doesn’t narrow it down much.
    Her only reference for being a Tomboy came from a single issue actually at least in picture format.
    Uncanny X-men 256

One of her more iconic pictures.

This is the first time Claremont tried to retcon her into being a tomboy to fit the mental desire the Hand was instilling in her. Before that she was always portrayed as a Lady and wore frilly things and lingerie like all the time.

Her off duty uniform was this...
    In her off time during the outback, she was either in costume or this. She only wore pants on panel three times, they were during two annuals, where they played baseball and after they defeated mojo, and in Uncanny X-men where Colossus fell on her. She was a girly girl lol.

Last edited by Tazirai; 10-30-2019 at 05:30 PM.