Page 102 of 123 FirstFirst ... 252929899100101102103104105106112 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 1836

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I really don't think so here. But I'm too tired to trawl through old issues, lol. It's not that important, since the z was the pre-UXM spelling and Claremont apparently set out to fix it not long back.
    Tho I prefer her name with the 'z', I do remember in one of those interviews Claremont said that the correct spelling is 'Elisabeth' with the 's'. Guess It got retconned or Marvel just prefer Elizabeth.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    The only other issue I have is them constantly trying to retcon her into being a tomboy. Who hated dresses and loved pants. For most people who've never read the Captain Britain series, this won't matter much. That's not your Betsy. But for those of who have, Know she loved dresses and skirts lol. She wore them constantly.

So outside of a minor retcon and some art issues that will probably adjust later, I like the direction and have always wanted more Otherworld. HEAR HEAR!
    I don't see it as a retcon, just adding more layer background to her childhood/teenage days. Betsy in her Marvel UK days started out as a young woman probably around 18-19 yo (Brian is in college and she's the same age as him).
    Her childhood days were never fully explored until Claremont add it in the body shoppe memories.

She could still be a tomboy during her childhood days, but she also might be getting more feminine after she reached adolescence not to mention after getting to know modelling

Incredible Member

Her only reference for being a Tomboy came from a single issue actually at least in picture format.
    Uncanny X-men 256

One of her more iconic pictures.

This is the first time Claremont tried to retcon her into being a tomboy to fit the mental desire the Hand was instilling in her. Before that she was always portrayed as a Lady and wore frilly things and lingerie like all the time.

Her off duty uniform was this...
    In her off time during the outback, she was either in costume or this. She only wore pants on panel three times, they were during two annuals, where they played baseball and after they defeated mojo, and in Uncanny X-men where Colossus fell on her. She was a girly girl lol.

I really don’t get the level of pickiness of Psylocke’s fanbase. Elizabeth, elisabeth. Purple hair, lavender hair, blue eyes, purple eyes, correct hex value of the pink shade of the inner part of her new uniform, kwannon should not get the codename, kwannon cannot get the butterfly.

God, She could have had a thing for dresses in her early twenties and have rejected dresses as a child. Claremont is the same writer that voiced the ladylike frail betsy and that gave her the inner desire of becoming a warrior. It does make a lot of sense to have her as a adventurous tomboy as a kid who grew up to become a traditional aristocrat lady, and to have her eventually breaking free of the girly shell to finally be the practical, pragmatic and adventurous knight she grew to be.

On another topic, I’m seeing a lot of people mad on tini howard’s statement that betsy feels like she has stolen the body and life of kwannon. Even though she was indeed forced in the body change condition, it is a really valid feeling to feel like an usurper after living comfortable in the body of another woman and fulfilling her nastiest desires while in her skin

You can indeed feel guilty without being the one to blame
    Last edited by crimsontt; 10-31-2019 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crimsontt View Post
    I really don’t get the level of pickiness of Psylocke’s fanbase. Elizabeth, elisabeth. Purple hair, lavender hair, blue eyes, purple eyes, correct hex value of the pink shade of the inner part of her new uniform, kwannon should not get the codename, kwannon cannot get the butterfly.

God, She could have had a thing for dresses in her early twenties and have rejected dresses as a child. Claremont is the same writer that voiced the ladylike frail betsy and that gave her the inner desire of becoming a warrior. It does make a lot of sense to have her as a adventurous tomboy as a kid who grew up to become a traditional aristocrat lady, and to have her eventually breaking free of the girly shell to finally be the practical, pragmatic and adventurous knight she grew to be.

On another topic, I’m seeing a lot of people mad on tini howard’s statement that betsy feels like she has stolen the body and life of kwannon. Even though she was indeed forced in the body change condition, it is a really valid feeling to feel like an usurper after living comfortable in the body of another woman and fulfilling her nastiest desires while in her skin

You can indeed feel guilty without being the one to blame
    I agree with all of this. I try not to allow potentially-conflicting details distract or keep me from enjoying things. Not saying anyone is doing that, but I walked away from reading Excalibur #1 so very happy. She has a major role in one of the books launching this fresh and new status quo.
    Last edited by JB; 11-01-2019 at 01:07 PM.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I must say I loved 90% of the issue, and if you're a fan of Fantasy and Superheroic fantasy. Then this series is for you. While Marauders is more a fun swashbuckling romp, this is Queen Arthur with deep mythology and Mutant Magic tied into a family familiar with such things.

My biggest issue is actually the art, which I love. Most of us who do art have our styles, I like thicker curvier women, and that's what I mostly draw. To is becoming one of my favorite Betsy Artists. He makes her looks so good. However, all of his women in normal clothes tend to look alike. Once they are in a costume the differences become apparent. Betsy is curvier again, Rogue is Athletic and powerful, Jubilee is lithe and quick looking etc.

That's really my only issue with this issue.

The storyline they are building makes sense for the Braddock clan, HOW she becomes Captain Britain makes sense. WHY she goes by Betsy now makes sense etc.

The only other issue I have is them constantly trying to retcon her into being a tomboy. Who hated dresses and loved pants. For most people who've never read the Captain Britain series, this won't matter much. That's not your Betsy. But for those of who have, Know she loved dresses and skirts lol. She wore them constantly.

So outside of a minor retcon and some art issues that will probably adjust later, I like the direction and have always wanted more Otherworld. HEAR HEAR!
    I dont think they were writing her as a tomboy. They are just writing her as woman who didn't want to fit into society's stereotypes of women only being allowed to wear pink dresses. I read her having both suits and dresses to mean that she likes to wear whatever she likes whenever she likes. Which imo should be the case for all characters be it male or female rather than labelling them as girly or tomboy. I mean she even wore a dress in that same issue after wearing pants the panel before. I don't see it as a problem.

At first I was sad about Betsy going back to her British body, but I came around during Disassembled. I was nervous about her losing the Psylocke codename, and perhaps even the butteryfly effect, but Excalibur 1 made me feel better about all of it. She will make a great Captain Britain.

A part of me does wish that Kwannon had kept Revanche as a codename, but I guess Psylocke is so attached now to Kwannon's look. I do think it makes their shared history more complex, but at least instead of one character we now have two great characters. They both are still similar with the purple-ish hair and both have psi-swords. I assume both are tp/tk's as well though I wish at least one would go back to just being a telepath.

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    At first I was sad about Betsy going back to her British body, but I came around during Disassembled. I was nervous about her losing the Psylocke codename, and perhaps even the butteryfly effect, but Excalibur 1 made me feel better about all of it. She will make a great Captain Britain.

A part of me does wish that Kwannon had kept Revanche as a codename, but I guess Psylocke is so attached now to Kwannon's look. I do think it makes their shared history more complex, but at least instead of one character we now have two great characters. They both are still similar with the purple-ish hair and both have psi-swords. I assume both are tp/tk's as well though I wish at least one would go back to just being a telepath.
    Agreed. I'm kinda hoping Kwannon only has TP.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Love the new banner on the blog luckystar and cmx <3

Agree i really like it. I wonder what theyre gonna do with Betsy finally loses the butterfly though.

Screen Shot 2019-11-04 at 9.18.25 AM.jpg

i love betsy's hair when it's drawn full and voluminous like this. it's a good way to distinguish the sleek straight hair of Kwannon vs Betsy.

I had Betsy and Kwannon on different parts of my brain this morning so thought i'd share.

betdykwannon.jpgbetsykwannon.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Friends who swim together stay together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Cochese View Post
    Friends who swim together stay together.
    For sure. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I had Betsy and Kwannon on different parts of my brain this morning so thought i'd share.

pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post

I absolutely ADORE these!!

If you guys wanna check out my Excalibur video linked in my signature.
    It would be greatly appreciated.
    Advice and constructive criticism welcome.