Page 103 of 123 FirstFirst ... 3539399100101102103104105106107113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 1836
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    Tho I prefer her name with the 'z', I do remember in one of those interviews Claremont said that the correct spelling is 'Elisabeth' with the 's'. Guess It got retconned or Marvel just prefer Elizabeth.
    The s spelling was the retcon/repeated error, and it got fixed eventually. The z spelling was the original version.

cute that marcus to is sorta referencing his old work in Joyride with betsy's hairdo. (pretending it's a blonde betsy with the side braid :P )

joyride.jpg

Finally read Excalibur and loved it. Did a warm up sketch before I got to work..... Enjoy.

Comic59.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MechaJeanix View Post
    At first I was sad about Betsy going back to her British body, but I came around during Disassembled. I was nervous about her losing the Psylocke codename, and perhaps even the butteryfly effect, but Excalibur 1 made me feel better about all of it. She will make a great Captain Britain.

A part of me does wish that Kwannon had kept Revanche as a codename, but I guess Psylocke is so attached now to Kwannon's look. I do think it makes their shared history more complex, but at least instead of one character we now have two great characters. They both are still similar with the purple-ish hair and both have psi-swords. I assume both are tp/tk's as well though I wish at least one would go back to just being a telepath.
    Captain Britain definitely won't go back to being a telepath. The jury is out on Psylocke/Kwannon. Though in her they get to show her really learn her to use her powers. Kwannon was just an empath before the whole body switch craziness, so while she's an experienced fighter they'd have to show her grow into her powers more.

BANNED

Betsy is still a telepath.

Yeah she didnt lose her telepathy. She used it on Jamie in the first issue.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Captain Britain definitely won't go back to being a telepath. The jury is out on Psylocke/Kwannon. Though in her they get to show her really learn her to use her powers. Kwannon was just an empath before the whole body switch craziness, so while she's an experienced fighter they'd have to show her grow into her powers more.
    Betsy didnt lose her mutant powers when she became CB

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    If you guys wanna check out my Excalibur video linked in my signature.
    It would be greatly appreciated.
    Advice and constructive criticism welcome.
    I'm five minutes in, I have a lot of notes.

1. Give us a plain background. I kept waiting for someone to walk into your kitchen.

2. Clean up your uhms but you know that. I think writing your content first on note cards, then riffing on the topics would give you more of a spine to build from and let you riff more comfortably.

3. Speaking of comfort, you looked like you were standing, maybe sit?

4. I feel like Excalibur's first few pages could be their own 30 minutes. Like, Apocalypse is somehow a magician, how does that make and not make sense from what we know of him? Otherworld, what is it, versus how it's been portrayed in the present versus previous explanations. Who is Morgan Le Fey in Arthurian legend, Avengers' villainy, and how does that intersect with Otherworld's multiple explanations and iterations. How could Krakoan flowers emerge, since there's a dimensional and multiversal barrier? What do we know about Krakoa and how does it intersect with what we know about Otherworld/Avalon? ALL of this could fill 30 minutes exploration, and we haven't even gotten to the protagonists.

5. I really appreciate you have as many comic panels to describe characters, but I want more, maybe compare/contrasted with various iterations.

6. I feel like you're about to walk us through page by page and I want more of YOUR impressions, YOUR questions, YOUR expectations.

I'll keep going, but are these helpful?

Nope all good.

Thanks for the advice.

Definitely will keep that in mind for Excalibur 2.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    Betsy is still a telepath.
    I know she is. A poster says he wished either Elizabeth or Kwannon would go back to being just plain telepaths. My response is that will definitely not happen with Elizabeth.

The jury is out on Kwannon on whether she will be a telepath or a telepath/telekinetic.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    It's kinda interesting because she literally has to look at "herself" now. Something we all must do periodically on the journey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Agreed. I'm kinda hoping Kwannon only has TP.
    Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I know she is. A poster says he wished either Elizabeth or Kwannon would go back to being just plain telepaths. My response is that will definitely not happen with Elizabeth.

The jury is out on Kwannon on whether she will be a telepath or a telepath/telekinetic.
    Seems she's both, so moving forward I guess their both tp/tk!!

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Yep and I'm cool with it!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    Awesome. I love that they both have to/tk.

Dear masters of writing, please give us a moment of acknowledgement of this between Erik and Betsy:

Exodus is thinking, "she warned you, old man".

Even a salty side-eye from Erik would make my day.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

BANNED

The only thing that interested me about that pointless run was a) the under-utilized Savage Land base and b) the distinct vibe that Betsy was going to hatefuck the MASTER OF MAGNET

Bunn failed me again.