Page 106 of 123 FirstFirst ... 65696102103104105106107108109110116 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,590 of 1836

Quote Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
    Here's my prediction people will forget about Betsy(Captain Britain), and identify with Kwannon(Psylocke), If anything just on brand name alone.
    I'm hopeful both will come out swinging as all stars in their individuality once all is said in done! Betsy using a shield and long sword all happened around the time I picked up D&D and has really made me fall in love with this new journey she is on. Loving the Paladin/Cleric aesthetic.
    Psylocke Captain Britain Rictor Dust Moonstar Hellion

Here's my prediction people will forget about Betsy(Captain Britain), and identify with Kwannon(Psylocke), If anything just on brand name alone.
    Which is such a strange thought considering all the promo Marvel is giving to Excalibur and the push Betsy has been getting. I’m not sure why people keep thinking she’ll someone disappear when she’s already getting more of a push than ever before.

I also don’t get why the thinking is never that both characters can prosper. The Hickman era is too hyped, well planned and gotten so many people excited. I honestly don’t see anyone falling off or being forgotten about.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 11-11-2019 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Which is such a strange thought considering all the promo Marvel is giving to Excalibur and the push Betsy has been getting. I’m not sure why people keep thinking she’ll someone disappear when she’s already getting more of a push than ever before.

I also don’t get why the thinking is never that both characters can prosper.
    Agreed. Excalibur #1 did well so people are interested in a book with Betsy as a central character. I'm happy we're finally here!
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I'm hopeful both will come out swinging as all stars in their individuality once all is said in done! Betsy using a shield and long sword all happened around the time I picked up D&D and has really made me fall in love with this new journey she is on. Loving the Paladin/Cleric aesthetic.
    Yeah but a lot of main marvel fans and x-fans don't really go in for the fantasy/D&D stuff. To be honest that's not what the x-franchise is about which is why it might be hard for betsy to remain relevant in the x-scape.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post

I also don’t get why the thinking is never that both characters can prosper. The Hickman era is too hyped, well planned and gotten so many people excited. I honestly don’t see anyone falling off or being forgotten about.
    Marvel's promotion doesn't mean much beyond the first couple of issues. The reason why I think both probably won't prosper together is because they're so similar. Psylocke has the name recognition and is currently on a more mainstream team.

BANNED

In a different era I might be worried about Betsy’s future. Not this one, not with this type of book that is linked closely to Dawn of X, not after her post-UXF renaissance. Kwannon, who’s had no character til now, is the one with an uphill battle.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    In a different era I might be worried about Betsy’s future. Not this one, not with this type of book that is linked closely to Dawn of X, not after her post-UXF renaissance. Kwannon, who’s had no character til now, is the one with an uphill battle.
    That's where I think you're mistaken.

Kwannon a psychic, assassin, mutant. Basically who the Psylocke character has been this entire time.
    Betsy a psychic, knight(?), mutant. Who has now become Captain Britain. No one really knows what that means, she wasn't chosen by Merlyn or Roma, doesn't have any attachment to the name except for the two times she took up the name. No one really knows where her character is going to go.

BANNED

That's where I think you're mistaken.

Kwannon a psychic, assassin, mutant. Basically who the Psylocke character has been this entire time.
    No. She's a bad retcon who has been dead almost 30 years and now has to cultivate an independent personality and fanbase. I like the look of Fallen Angels and am excited for it, but it is easily the most esoteric and least buzzed-about new book. Kwannon has not been promoted with nearly the push of Excalibur and Betsy as the new CB.

I want both to work out, but I am not concerned about Betsy or the Excalibur title the way I would be in past. There is an investment in the title and its concepts now that has never really been there from central editorial before, be that fair or not.

Betsy a psychic, knight(?), mutant. Who has now become Captain Britain. No one really knows what that means, she wasn't chosen by Merlyn or Roma, doesn't have any attachment to the name except for the two times she took up the name. No one really knows where her character is going to go.
    You and I care about the Merlyn/Roma factor, but most readers do not. Though I also would not discount them showing up. As others have speculated, I expect to see Saturnyne/Sat-yr-9 very soon.

No one really knows where her character is going to go.
    And that, my friend, is the exciting part! The NOT knowing where she will be taken is exciting and refreshing. And she's so pretty.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    No. She's a bad retcon who has been dead almost 30 years and now has to cultivate an independent personality and fanbase. I like the look of Fallen Angels and am excited for it, but it is easily the most esoteric and least buzzed-about new book. Kwannon has not been promoted with nearly the push of Excalibur and Betsy as the new CB.

I want both to work out, but I am not concerned about Betsy or the Excalibur title the way I would be in past. There is an investment in the title and its concepts now that has never really been there from central editorial before, be that fair or not.

You and I care about the Merlyn/Roma factor, but most readers do not. Though I also would not discount them showing up. As others have speculated, I expect to see Saturnyne/Sat-yr-9 very soon.
    That's fair enough, I suppose time will tell on this one.

Here's the thing. With the writer of Fallen Angels retconning previous stories with now making it that Kwannon was inside with Betsy the whole time. I think some complications wil arise from that.

The writer has this image of Betsy psy-knifing Magneto as a hype image for Kwannon. When I said on twitter that was actually Betsy not Kwannon.

He basically said well Kwannon was there in her. So if he's going to attributre everything that Betsy did in the body to being an influence and product of Kwannon as well.

Then thats sort of bothersome to me.

Kwannon should be her own person. But they are heavily relying on everything from Betsy era to PUSH her. Which I know business wise makes sense.

But fan wise thats annoying AF.

I don't think Betsy is going to disappear. Everything coming out of HoxPoX Psylocke wise I view as Kwannon now. Which I think is good for the character.
    She is getting a shite ton of variants. But I'm not even picking those up because its not Betsy.

I think both characters are being taken care of in their respective books.

I think Betsy is getting a good enough push as Captain Britain that she wont disappear. And I'm excited to see her new journey.

And I'm a Betsy stan so I'll always push for her.

I can totally agree that Hill is the outlier which is so funny because he's always been a huge Psylocke fan and mentioned how he's always wanted to write Betsy. As soon as the switch happen he's become the number 1 Kwannon fan lol. I think I see it from a different POV though, even if Kwannon was in there the whole time she might have all those feelings and see those relationships as hers but everyone else still has the attachment to Betsy. It could be another one of the reasons she feels out of place on the island. Even when she was working with Logan he was treating her more as a psychic attack dog than anything.

I think this is a great time for both characters. And while I'm not necessarily in any rush to have them in any books together or spending time together (I really want both women to grow into their new roles without all the baggage so they can feel separate [I also still don't really care about Kwannon]) I am hopeful that when they finally sit down it will be worthwhile. I know Hill said on twitter that he's only going to "start" the conversation and that he would eventually let the big talk happen under Tini's pen.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Here's the thing. With the writer of Fallen Angels retconning previous stories with now making it that Kwannon was inside with Betsy the whole time. I think some complications wil arise from that.

The writer has this image of Betsy psy-knifing Magneto as a hype image for Kwannon. When I said on twitter that was actually Betsy not Kwannon.

He basically said well Kwannon was there in her. So if he's going to attributre everything that Betsy did in the body to being an influence and product of Kwannon as well.
    We'll have to see how it unfolds and if he references all kinds of past actions and experiences of Betsy as Kwannon being inside her and present. That tweet may have been exactly what you said, hype. So far I've gotten the impression from his interviews that he wants to take Kwannon to a whole new place. I hope so!

Marvel's promotion doesn't mean much beyond the first couple of issues. The reason why I think both probably won't prosper together is because they're so similar. Psylocke has the name recognition and is currently on a more mainstream team.
    For this one I'm still waiting to see what exactly Kwannon CAN do. It's been a lot of speculation and vague tweets. But there have always been 100 telepath/telekinetics running around and their psychic weaponry is vastly different enough now that I feel it'll be fine. Betsy is the paladin/knight and Kwannon is the psychic ninja. Their niches are set.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    We'll have to see how it unfolds and if he references all kinds of past actions and experiences of Betsy as Kwannon being inside her and present. That tweet may have been exactly what you said, hype. So far I've gotten the impression from his interviews that he wants to take Kwannon to a whole new place. I hope so!
    I guess we're in the dying days of the character formerly known as Psylocke!

BANNED

I guess we're in the dying days of the character formerly known as Psylocke!
    Nobody's dying here, lol. They're both remaining very active.