Page 11 of 123 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161111 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    That's wrong on so many levels. She was no princess. That was the whole point of the issue she fights with Sabretooth.
    Which issue are you talking about?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    How can you argue that she had no agency when she was one of the top favourite X-Men? The term having no agency means that she has no impetus to act on her own. And the old Psylocke had the exact opposite. No one told that woman what to do. Even as you read her stories from the early 90's you see the bad deal she received and how she struggled to make sense of what happened to her and take back her life.

Attachment 76750

Attachment 76749

Whereas the previous version, the pampered English aristo was essentially nothing but a Disney Princess and Storm's BF. You have to wonder if her most challenging decision is what shoes should she buy. The Jimmy's or the Malono's?
    I'm not gonna argue with you. I'm done with it this year.
    So I'll tsate it this way.

Kwannon had no agency for a fictional character. She was taken, used, abused, and murdered so the white woman could live in her body.
    Psylocke had agency from the beginning to now, even though much of what was done to her was against her will.

I'm not sure what you're on about, The topic I'm speaking on is Kwannon, and some rando telling me she was alive and kicking ass, when she wasn't, thus had no agency in what happened to her.

Kwannon had no agency, not Psylocke. Psylocke takes the hands dealt and works with it, Pragmatism is her quirk, even if she loathes or accepts it.

BANNED

On another note, I saw something on Pinterest the other day and now I want to draw something close to it, but use Psylocke as the template.
    The only hint is she will be a non-human entity. Another of my alternate takes on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    Which issue are you talking about?
    The one where she joins the X-Men.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I'm not gonna argue with you. I'm done with it this year.
    So I'll tsate it this way.

Kwannon had no agency for a fictional character. She was taken, used, abused, and murdered so the white woman could live in her body.
    Psylocke had agency from the beginning to now, even though much of what was done to her was against her will.

I'm not sure what you're on about, The topic I'm speaking on is Kwannon, and some rando telling me she was alive and kicking ass, when she wasn't, thus had no agency in what happened to her.

Kwannon had no agency, not Psylocke. Psylocke takes the hands dealt and works with it, Pragmatism is her quirk, even if she loathes or accepts it.
    Actually wasn't Kwannon injured and near death when she was merged with Betsy or something along those lines, the merging the two bodies I don't remember being done simply so that Betsy could run around in anybody else's body as she didn't consent to it either...

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    Actually wasn't Kwannon injured and near death when she was merged with Betsy or something along those lines, the merging the two bodies I don't remember being done simply so that Betsy could run around in anybody else's body as she didn't consent to it either...
    Correct, Kwannon was essentially braindead. Stuck in a comatose state.

I don't understand the hatred early British Psylocke gets. She was far from defenseless and was crafty in her approach to fighting villains. Did they read any of her back issues or do they assume with all the pink she wears that she is weak? I don't get it.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

I don't care what color early British Betsy wore and don't think her weak because of it, or that she was defenseless, my favorite is the Asian version and others isn't...since Kwannon was practically dead it wasn't Betsy stealing her body more that the outcome wasn't what had been expected in some ways so Betsy didn't steal anything...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I'm talking about after she succumbed to the Legacy Virus.
    She wasn't dancing around killing people, as she was quite dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    Correct, Kwannon was essentially braindead. Stuck in a comatose state.
    Right.
    Pre-swap. Post-swap she woke up in a diseased body and died later. That's what I was trying to get the guy to understand. After Legacy virus death, she wasn't killing anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I don't understand the hatred early British Psylocke gets. She was far from defenseless and was crafty in her approach to fighting villains. Did they read any of her back issues or do they assume with all the pink she wears that she is weak? I don't get it.
    I think the hate isn't as strong as it seems. Some people just think Ninja equal cool that's where some of it lays. She was a support character, and did her job admirably. But a lot of comic readers don't understand the idea of SUPPORT. They want everybody to be in direct combat and doing amazing stuffs.

She was a great support character and was tough enough to become Leader for a short time. TODAY comics readers get the concept of support. Some of the best stories are about the supporting cast. It's one of the reasons I love Valiant comics so much. Livewire is basically the black version of British Psylocke. Instead of being a Telepath, she's a technopath. She's not a direct combatant, and leads the strongest characters in the Valiant universe, and recently, much like how Psylocke defended the Warpies. Livewire defended the Young Psiots and shutdown the US. She didn't punch a single person. Shes the weakest member of her team, yet the strongest. She can control Bloodshot, she can control XO's Armour, etc.

But the thing with Valiant is they write characters, not caricatures or people for the sake of Rule of Kewl. Their books are dynamic without being boring when people aren't punched.
    Just look at what Marvel did with Betsy, they reverted her back and gave us NOTHING on how she felt or went through, except one page. The Uncanny book is all punching and even the people who like punchy stuff are bored with it, if you believe the threads each issue.

Imagine if Psylocke had Technopathy along with Telepathy? Lol.

Ultimate Member

So now I'm just...the guy... hmm...anyway I wasn't saying after the swap, only that before the swap it wasn't as if Betsy chose to take the body or anything like that, not sure that she had the Legacy Virus immediately upon the merge as when she first showed up to challenge Betsy one would think that they'd at least check her out medically...

Pre Kwannon Betsy was okay but she always yearned to be more of a warrior. Eruasian Betsy was the fulfillment of that. It's also the Betsy I was introduced to. So let's not generalize people. Not all Psylcoke fans are all "Ninja, cool.....". We were introduced to her that way.

Also Kwannon succumbing to the Legacy virus is a moot point. She already was in a lifelong coma due to her fall. She was already dead and had no life to live. Thanks to Psylocke she actually got more life. I say she should stop whining and appreciate what she has.
    Last edited by Psy; 01-13-2019 at 08:21 AM.

I also just thought of how this Legacy Virus fiasco is just pure BS. There is no way to say how or why Kwannon got the virus. Her DNA was still half hers and half Betsy's. Which means Betsy had the same DNA. She did not get the virus. Logically Kwannon got the virus in a way that had nothing to do with the Psylockes body or dna. Otherwise Psylocke would have gotten it too. Kwannon could have developed it from the transformation or from her travels or whenever after she awoke. Who knows. However you can't say she got Betsy's body and therefore the disease Betsy should have gotten. That does not fit in any logical narrative or anything we were shown. Kwannon developed it from another source.
    Last edited by Psy; 01-13-2019 at 08:22 AM.

Double post

How many Psylcokes can you see?20190113_140711.jpg

What are Psylocke's current abilities?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!