Page 12 of 123 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262112 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member a moment closer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy View Post
    How many Psylockes can you see?Attachment 76783

Lol! Five, maybe six. There are quite a few Deadpools too.
    Last edited by a moment closer; 01-13-2019 at 12:49 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    I don't understand the hatred early British Psylocke gets. She was far from defenseless and was crafty in her approach to fighting villains. Did they read any of her back issues or do they assume with all the pink she wears that she is weak? I don't get it.
    I think for some the problem was she was wearing clothes, they prefered the asian sex doll, the fact that british betsy was a much more interesting character than the thrill-seeker asian Psylocke is of no value to them. It may depend too on which Psylocke they knew first, if people knew asian Psylocke first they will always prefer the first version they knew to others.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    What are Psylocke's current abilities?
    the same as they have been since she was brought back from the dead. She's a TP/TK

Quote Originally Posted by a moment closer View Post
    Lol! Five, maybe six. There are quite a few Deadpools too.
    Correct on both parts =D

I have one more Psylcoke I got. The Yamaguchi one but she is at my desk so I can play with whilst i work.... lol.

Ultimate Member

I never viewed Asian Betsy as an Asian sex doll...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    So now I'm just...the guy... hmm...anyway I wasn't saying after the swap, only that before the swap it wasn't as if Betsy chose to take the body or anything like that, not sure that she had the Legacy Virus immediately upon the merge as when she first showed up to challenge Betsy one would think that they'd at least check her out medically...
    OMG I hate the internet, everyone gets so damned triggered.
    It's about the guy on TWITTER. That was what the original post was about.

Sometimes I hate the Internet. Let's be clear one more time lol. I'm not talking about any of you guys. None of you.
    ALL of this was some guy on TWITTER, not understanding that Kwannon was dead after the legacy virus killed her.
    Last edited by Tazirai; 01-13-2019 at 02:46 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by LoganAlpha30X33 View Post
    I never viewed Asian Betsy as an Asian sex doll...
    Well, I'm sure you didn't!
    What I say is that some readers want to limit Psylocke to the sexy ninja psychic because they don't like complex characters, the same kind of guys that say comics are just here to entertain.

I'm glad Betsy is back to being caucasian and they brought back Kwannon too which may appease the sexy ninja fans! A good move!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    I think for some the problem was she was wearing clothes, they prefered the asian sex doll, the fact that british betsy was a much more interesting character than the thrill-seeker asian Psylocke is of no value to them. It may depend too on which Psylocke they knew first, if people knew asian Psylocke first they will always prefer the first version they knew to others.
    That is interesting. I am the weird one out of this. My first exposure to Elizabeth was the game X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse. Psylocke was the only female character in the game (guess Rogue or Storm was too OP) and the one I used the most. Later on I came across the earlier Elizabeth and I automatically thought they were two seperate people, with the present Psylocke at the time being the newest incarnation of this legacy character. It wasn't until I read the Outback era that I realized that they are the same character, although I found the earlier version interesting and did not understand why they would replace almost her entire character. She just seemed like a different person.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    I think the hate isn't as strong as it seems. Some people just think Ninja equal cool that's where some of it lays. She was a support character and did her job admirably. But a lot of comic readers don't understand the idea of SUPPORT. They want everybody to be in direct combat and doing amazing stuffs.

She was a great support character and was tough enough to become Leader for a short time. TODAY comics readers get the concept of support. Some of the best stories are about the supporting cast. It's one of the reasons I love Valiant comics so much.
    Video games helped a lot when it cames to the growth of support roles. Every team now relies heavily on healers and buffs. It gets to the point where you start to panic if one doesn't show up online when you play. It means victory or death. I am just having a bit of a flashback to how badly we were decimated when we came in as tanks and myself as the only healer. Those buffs and debuffs are no joke. Even my online Pokemon team are mixed of offensive, defensive, and destabilizers to mess up your strategy coming in.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Ultimate Member

Well, I'm sure you didn't!
    What I say is that some readers want to limit Psylocke to the sexy ninja psychic because they don't like complex characters, the same kind of guys that say comics are just here to entertain.

I'm glad Betsy is back to being caucasian and they brought back Kwannon too which may appease the sexy ninja fans! A good move!
    I liked that she was far more than her looks and never really had a problem with the Asian version...as to Taz, I wasn't actually made at you I was just a bit confused by it was all...

BANNED

Video games helped a lot when it cames to the growth of support roles. Every team now relies heavily on healers and buffs. It gets to the point where you start to panic if one doesn't show up online when you play. It means victory or death. I am just having a bit of a flashback to how badly we were decimated when we came in as tanks and myself as the only healer. Those buffs and debuffs are no joke. Even my online Pokemon team are mixed of offensive, defensive, and destabilizers to mess up your strategy coming in.
    When I was playing FFXi online The support literally meant life or death. Even in games like Anarchy Online and Guild Wars, Support characters, not even just healers. The crowd control, debuffs, and such made a HUGE difference. In city of Heroes, mentalists had attacked but were amazing at turning mooks on their bosses, while penalizing the bosses.

I mean if you look at What Psylocke did in Uncanny X-men 249. The team was getting stomped, and she guided dazzler while clearing her mind, held Barbarus while colossus pummeled him then came up with a plan to infiltrate the Savage Land.

Incredible Member

That is interesting. I am the weird one out of this. My first exposure to Elizabeth was the game X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse. Psylocke was the only female character in the game (guess Rogue or Storm was too OP) and the one I used the most. Later on I came across the earlier Elizabeth and I automatically thought they were two seperate people, with the present Psylocke at the time being the newest incarnation of this legacy character. It wasn't until I read the Outback era that I realized that they are the same character, although I found the earlier version interesting and did not understand why they would replace almost her entire character. She just seemed like a different person.
    And you were right Izanami!
    As Claremont left the successive writers wrote her as a different character, as if the Elisabeth Braddock persona had been overriden by the Kwannon "sexy ninja thrill-seeker chick" persona. You could see it in her asian interior decoration, in the few references that were made to her past and british origins, and the very few times she saw her brother. Elisabeth Braddock, her strategic and thoughtful personnality exemplified in her first showdown with Sabertooth has been cancelled and replaced. Now the change back to caucasian seems to hint that this part of her personnality is returning (and Kwannon can be the sexy fatale ninja chick, for those who want just that!).

I like what you and Tazirai said about support characters and their importance, not everyone should be a warrior because if so, no one is. In a team everyone should have a role.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    When I was playing FFXi online The support literally meant life or death. Even in games like Anarchy Online and Guild Wars, Support characters, not even just healers. The crowd control, debuffs, and such made a HUGE difference. In city of Heroes, mentalists had attacked but were amazing at turning mooks on their bosses, while penalizing the bosses.

I mean if you look at What Psylocke did in Uncanny X-men 249. The team was getting stomped, and she guided dazzler while clearing her mind, held Barbarus while colossus pummeled him then came up with a plan to infiltrate the Savage Land.
    I am having massive nostalgia to the days of early Smite, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Diablo games. When double battles where introduced in Pokemon games having that single pokemon change the battlefield before dying and switching out means everything on the first one or two turns. After that its just a massive sweep with your attacker if your opponent doesn't disconnect first.

And you were right Izanami!
    As Claremont left the successive writers wrote her as a different character, as if the Elisabeth Braddock persona had been overriden by the Kwannon "sexy ninja thrill-seeker chick" persona. You could see it in her asian interior decoration, in the few references that were made to her past and british origins, and the very few times she saw her brother. Elisabeth Braddock, her strategic and thoughtful personnality exemplified in her first showdown with Sabertooth has been cancelled and replaced. Now the change back to caucasian seems to hint that this part of her personnality is returning (and Kwannon can be the sexy fatale ninja chick, for those who want just that!).
    You just got me thinking and perhaps I could post this on the X-Men what if page. Makes me wonder how things could of played out had the story gone differently, if X-Men #255 -258 where different, with Kwannon being revealed as the Asian Betsy and the real Betsy wanting revenge. How would have things moved on? Would kwannon be a villain or hero? or will Elizabeths memories and self, lead to some sort of redemption. How would Elizabeths narrative move knowing that the Betsy we thought we saw wasn't really her? It's an interesting what if had this story gone differently if it went like the flashback that was shown in the issue.

Ultimate Member

I'm kind of surprised that they haven't done a what if with it somewhere along the line though at that time the Kwannon side seemed to be more bloodthirsty for the most part than Betsy imho...

And we have to wonder how much really Kwannon will even matter going forward, so far it looks like any character development about the physical change for Betsy won't happen until at least after the upcoming event if not longer...