Page 122 of 123 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123 LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 1836

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Betsy used Kwannon's face/body and Kwannon's fighting skills to establish herself to the world as a major hero and a warrior. People know Asian body Psylocke.

So I can see why Kwannon would want to keep the name Psylocke and the reputation that Betsy built, while in Kwannon's body. Before all this who outside of the hand knew Kwannon, which is not her real name anyway?
    Kwannon is not clout chasing. Besides Psylocke was not a celebrity and Kwannon is a ninja; she doesnt want to be well known. This isnt a Captain Marvel situation where Carol wanted the visibility as CM and to be celebrated as such. That goes against how Kwannon operates which is in the shadows to unsuspecting foes that dont know her or what to expect
    Last edited by Havok83; 12-23-2019 at 08:52 AM.

Do we know whether Kwannon has got memories on what Betsy has done while she used Kwannon's boby? w

We know that Betsy was not aware of Kwannon's presence at all, but was Kwannon able to see and hear through Betsy?

Quote Originally Posted by razzmatazz360 View Post
    Do we know whether Kwannon has got memories on what Betsy has done while she used Kwannon's boby? w

We know that Betsy was not aware of Kwannon's presence at all, but was Kwannon able to see and hear through Betsy?
    I dont think we know if she has retained any memories but it seemed implied that the body was like a prison for her where she could see and hear things, but obviously could not respond or have agency

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I dont think we know if she has retained any memories but it seemed implied that the body was like a prison for her where she could see and hear things, but obviously could not respond or have agency
    and Betsy couldn't sense Kwannon as a telepath? I would rather the Shadow King had kept her captive

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    and Betsy couldn't sense Kwannon as a telepath? I would rather the Shadow King had kept her captive
    That would have made for an interesting story, especially when Betsy interacted with him last year when he kept Xavier captive on the astral plane. Kwannon should have broken free from there and hitched a ride back with Betsy, only to be free in MiM

Sometimes telepaths aren't the best at sensing multiple souls trapped inside a single body.

No one realized that Monet was actually twins, or that Penance was actually Monet (and possibly someone else?), or that Karma's brother was still aware of everything going on and just waiting for a chance to escape

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Sometimes telepaths aren't the best at sensing multiple souls trapped inside a single body.

No one realized that Monet was actually twins, or that Penance was actually Monet (and possibly someone else?), or that Karma's brother was still aware of everything going on and just waiting for a chance to escape
    Sounds more like a retcon.... especially since her body was remade by Jamie...he wouldn't have put Kwannon back in after Bett's death in Xtreme

Mighty Member

I would for a writer to come along and retcon, this retcon. Betsy has fought the Shadow King so many times... let’s have him hold hostage any and every piece of Kwannon that was released when she died in Betsy’s body from the Legacy Virus. Betsy received her full powers back, but in the process Shadow King kidnapped the soul or astral self of Kwannon. Styx worked with Shadow King, who wanted Betsy and when Betsy destroyed Styx and created her OG body, Shadow King put Kwannon back into the remade body. That would explain the renewed anger.

Sounds more like a retcon.... especially since her body was remade by Jamie...he wouldn't have put Kwannon back in after Bett's death in Xtreme
    I’m not sure there’s any point at all where this could have happened, given that Kwannon was Revanche for most of the tine Betsy was in that body, and then it wasn’t even the same body after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I would for a writer to come along and retcon, this retcon. Betsy has fought the Shadow King so many times... let’s have him hold hostage any and every piece of Kwannon that was released when she died in Betsy’s body from the Legacy Virus. Betsy received her full powers back, but in the process Shadow King kidnapped the soul or astral self of Kwannon. Styx worked with Shadow King, who wanted Betsy and when Betsy destroyed Styx and created her OG body, Shadow King put Kwannon back into the remade body. That would explain the renewed anger.
    I was with you up until you mentioned the Styx part. The X-men had JUST defeated the SK right before MiM. I dont think the timing works for him to have been working with Styx and orchestrated what she did. That unnecesarily convolutes things even more. I also dont see a renewed anger in Kwannon. She seems to just want nothing to do with Betsy, but thats not rooted in anger towards her. I can accept SK holding Kwannon's astral form in a long game to get revenge on Betsy for Psi-War but they defeated him in AXM so he was never able to proceed with those plans. I think Kwannon hitching a ride out of the Astral Plane when Betsy appeared would fit. With the body without a mind controlling it, that allowed her the opening to take control

Honestly though the only other point in their history where it would have made sense was Sisterhood when a corrupted entity in Betsy's original body fought Dazzler. They could have said that Madelyne brought Kwannon back with her magic and she and Betsy once again became linked when the body was killed. That would probably be the simplest explanation for things

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    I was with you up until you mentioned the Styx part. The X-men had JUST defeated the SK right before MiM. I dont think the timing works for him to have been working with Styx and orchestrated what she did. That unnecesarily convolutes things even more. I also dont see a renewed anger in Kwannon. She seems to just want nothing to do with Betsy, but thats not rooted in anger towards her. I can accept SK holding Kwannon's astral form in a long game to get revenge on Betsy for Psi-War but they defeated him in AXM so he was never able to proceed with those plans. I think Kwannon hitching a ride out of the Astral Plane when Betsy appeared would fit. With the body without a mind controlling it, that allowed her the opening to take control

Honestly though the only other point in their history where it would have made sense was Sisterhood when a corrupted entity in Betsy's original body fought Dazzler. They could have said that Madelyne brought Kwannon back with her magic and she and Betsy once again became linked when the body was killed. That would probably be the simplest explanation for things
    I think anything at this point is better than “she was in there the whole time” thing they have going. I only mentioned Styx because of Kwannon just waking up. Styx has been around for a long time and so when I meant that she worked with Shadow king I meant for souls. Not specifically Betsy, but the chance opportunity he would jump on.
    Yes also when Maddy put her into her original body would be a good time too. I think for some writers thorough research is too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Betsy on the DoX Trade cover!

so epic!!! i love how psylocke ii has black hair and a black costume and betsy has lilac hair. it's what i always wanted.

I love how absolutely different Betsy and Kwannon looks on that cover. Plus, I more love that Betsy is more or less the forefront of it.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Did we already do what we’d like for Betsy in 2020?