Page 24 of 123 FirstFirst ... 142021222324252627283474 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    I love this. Hopefully an official toy can come out sometime!

I love the second to the left.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Incredible Member

On the Jean Grey thread, someone posted an image of Emilia Clarke for Phoenix, and while I don't think Clarke would be a good Jean in the MCU, I do think she would make a good Betsy Braddock! I think she would be great with purple hair!

Quote Originally Posted by mogwen View Post
    On the Jean Grey thread, someone posted an image of Emilia Clarke for Phoenix, and while I don't think Clarke would be a good Jean in the MCU, I do think she would make a good Betsy Braddock! I think she would be great with purple hair!
    I can definitely get behind Clarke as Psylocke.

As weird as it may seem, what with her currently playing Jean, I think Sophie Turner would also be a good choice. I didn’t think much of her as Jean in Apocalypse, but her acting is much better in Game of Thrones. She’d probably be better at playing Psylocke than Jean since she wouldn’t be hampered by struggling with an American accent.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    I can definitely get behind Clarke as Psylocke.

As weird as it may seem, what with her currently playing Jean, I think Sophie Turner would also be a good choice. I didn’t think much of her as Jean in Apocalypse, but her acting is much better in Game of Thrones. She’d probably be better at playing Psylocke than Jean since she wouldn’t be hampered by struggling with an American accent.
    ugh no to Sophie Turner....anyone but her & Jennifer Lawrence

I saw someone on twitter mention Jodie Comer as Psylocke. As a huge fan of Killing Eve that was right up my alley.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Hello fellow Psylocke fans! I found this rather lovely fan drawn card that depicts a pivotal moment in our dear Betsy's life.

Re: Film Psylocke. I don't know I'm not into these HBO/WB actors they keep putting in X-Men films. They just don't have the charisma or the build to play these characters. I feel like I'm watching the E! channel. Also the flavor of the moment is what FOX liked to do, re: Halle Berry, January Jones and Jennifer Lawrence, because they want to make as much money with as little effort as possible. And I really hope now that Marvel has the rights back we will get less 90210/Melrose place style drama and more the X-Men I fell in love with.

Incredible Member

I just remembered "Psylocke" appeared twice in the movies, poor Betsy. I didn't know Olivia Munn at the time and couldn't judge her performance because she didn't have very much to play. But the "almost cameo" in X3 is just ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Hello fellow Psylocke fans! I found this rather lovely fan drawn card that depicts a pivotal moment in our dear Betsy's life.

Re: Film Psylocke. I don't know I'm not into these HBO/WB actors they keep putting in X-Men films. They just don't have the charisma or the build to play these characters. I feel like I'm watching the E! channel. Also the flavor of the moment is what FOX liked to do, re: Halle Berry, January Jones and Jennifer Lawrence, because they want to make as much money with as little effort as possible. And I really hope now that Marvel has the rights back we will get less 90210/Melrose place style drama and more the X-Men I fell in love with.
    To be fair, Jennifer Lawrence wasn’t a flavor of the moment until Hunger Games which didn’t come out until after First Class. But I can see your overall point.

I was looking for british models to inspire me drawing Psylocke and I think Lily Cole would fit very well. Don't you think?

BANNED

Changing her back to her British body just took out a whole row of minority actresses....thanks marvel

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteQueenEmmaFrost View Post
    Changing her back to her British body just took out a whole row of minority actresses....thanks marvel
    There s also some fans to blame....

Not really. It’s a separate universe. They can cast any actor of any ethnicity they like as they have done before.

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    Not really. It’s a separate universe. They can cast any actor of any ethnicity they like as they have done before.
    I think they have it now that Betsy recreated her English body, but the Kwannon body still existed. Because Kwannon is showing up in the next few issues of Uncanny as part of the Mutant Liberation Front with a similar power set to Betsy. Meanwhile Betsy is trapped in the Age of X-Man universe.

I am curious to see if they keep Kwannon as a MLF villain or if they have her join Uncanny with Cyclops and Wolverine.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I think they have it now that Betsy recreated her English body, but the Kwannon body still existed. Because Kwannon is showing up in the next few issues of Uncanny as part of the Mutant Liberation Front with a similar power set to Betsy. Meanwhile Betsy is trapped in the Age of X-Man universe.

I am curious to see if they keep Kwannon as a MLF villain or if they have her join Uncanny with Cyclops and Wolverine.
    Oh great. At least they are doing something with Kwannon.

Glad she’s not in Limbo. I’d really like to see her further developed. Maybe joining Cyclops’s team or maybe XForce.

Psylocke isnt Asian so her on the big screen was always problematic as she isnt true representation. With that said, like Luckystar says, the films are a different universe and what was done in the books has no bearing on the casting. They can make Psylocke black if they wanted to.