Page 30 of 123 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080 ... LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It feels like Marcus To used his back issues for reference for how to draw Betsy and the others.

I approve.
    "Cable was right!"

I mean there are some good references in the Uncanny Xmen issues. But yeah she looks like she's back to normal. You can explain it as being Age of X-Man reality. But I think she's always been drawn so inconsistent that the body change didnt even matter. Artist preference. And she's already looked different on covers and interiors since January compared to that X-Men spread and MiM variant cover of what she "supposed" to look like now.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I mean there are some good references in the Uncanny Xmen issues. But yeah she looks like she's back to normal. You can explain it as being Age of X-Man reality. But I think she's always been drawn so inconsistent that the body change didnt even matter. Artist preference. And she's already looked different on covers and interiors since January compared to that X-Men spread and MiM variant cover of what she "supposed" to look like now.
    Don't let the anti-Japanese Betsy guys see that. They'll sic Department X on you.
    "Cable was right!"

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Why would she get in trouble? She isn’t attached to this
    I'm sure she's still under NDA with them. Plus in the interview she says that the last time she said something, they sent her a note.

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    I'm sure she's still under NDA with them. Plus in the interview she says that the last time she said something, they sent her a note.
    An NDA applies to people that are involved with a project (or seen stuff), which she is not. Was this note in reference to Apocalypse? If not, what did she say about DP that would have warranted one?

Fox is probably still mad at her for what happened with Predator (in which she was completely in the right), and she doesn't want to further their already drowning relationship. But that's fine. Fox doesn't deserve the grace of Olivia Munn.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Y'all really think she looks "normal"? If that's the case, yes she does look like a Caucasian Woman of British descent, She doesn't look asian at all.

Most of the people in the picture look like each other. Are they all asian?

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Y'all really think she looks "normal"? If that's the case, yes she does look like a Caucasian Woman of British descent, She doesn't look asian at all.

I always get confused as to Betsy's eye color. I'm pretty sure when she was introduced in her Asian body she had brown eyes then they became purple like they were in her British body. But they are blue here. But she's naturally blond, right? She dyed her hair? Or did she dye her hair blond to hide the purple, because she had purple eyes. I'm afraid I can't remember with all the times she has changed appearances.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I always get confused as to Betsy's eye color. I'm pretty sure when she was introduced in her Asian body she had brown eyes then they became purple like they were in her British body. But they are blue here. But she's naturally blond, right? She dyed her hair? Or did she dye her hair blond to hide the purple, because she had purple eyes. I'm afraid I can't remember with all the times she has changed appearances.
    So when she was blinded by Slaymaster, her eyes were blue, and hair dyed purple.
    Her Bionic eyes were Purple and given to her by Mojo, hair dyed purple.
    Kwannon form Eyes still purple,, but not bionic.
    Kwannon form A, became brown for two seconds after the retcon.
    Rebirth body, Eyes purplish/sometmes blue, hair dyed purple
    Current body, Eyes blue, hair purple by genetics.
    Current body

There's 3 females in that pic, 1 of which is Asian and the other is a fairy girl. Not really the best example to use. I did think Betsy looked Asian, the way she was drawn, especially the bottom panel, not so much the middle one.

Elizabeth has always been drawn inconsistently. One minute her hair is dark purple the next its black. One point the artist knows how to draw distinct faces another draws all with the same face. You all love shock value.
    I come when there's something to take but I never give anything back.
    I know what you want. But it is not here. It's gone and it will never ever come again...

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

So when she was blinded by Slaymaster, her eyes were blue, and hair dyed purple.
    Her Bionic eyes were Purple and given to her by Mojo, hair dyed purple.
    Kwannon form Eyes still purple,, but not bionic.
    Kwannon form A, became brown for two seconds after the retcon.
    Rebirth body, Eyes purplish/sometmes blue, hair dyed purple
    Current body, Eyes blue, hair purple by genetics.
    Current body
    Betsy is literally always a "new you."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Izanami View Post
    Elizabeth has always been drawn inconsistently. One minute her hair is dark purple the next its black. One point the artist knows how to draw distinct faces another draws all with the same face. You all love shock value.
    Even when I do my art. A lot of my faces and bodies look the same. Most artists do this, painters etc. The only people that are truly known to differentiate their craft are Statue Makers.
    Hence why she looks white to me, but also looks like everybody else in the picture.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Betsy is literally always a "new you."
    She is a butterfly.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    An NDA applies to people that are involved with a project (or seen stuff), which she is not. Was this note in reference to Apocalypse? If not, what did she say about DP that would have warranted one?
    If she has even read the script for DP or had any conversations with the studio about it, she would have to sign an NDA. We don't know what the note was in reference to - I have a feeling it was for the time that she said Dark Phoenix would be a two-parter.