Page 41 of 123 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    Did anybody catch this? Spoilers for Avengers Endgame:

This is super cool. I wish they could have posted the actual clip from Endgame though because I certainly didn't hear a thing "Spoiler" said in that particular scene.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Yeah, I didn't catch that either. Hope it's true! Who do we think they are referring to? Their father?

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    Yeah, I didn't catch that either. Hope it's true! Who do we think they are referring to? Their father?
    Given the time I'd say that's the likely option.

I can definitely see, and would absolutely love, to see Betsy introduced as a mutant, but not as an X-Man first.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    That's cool. Can you imagine if betsy is the first X-Men to appear in the MCU?

With Jean's movie coming and Emma having a bigger appearance then Betsy in the Fox movies it wouldn't surprise me if she'll be the first female telepath to appear. Specially that now she's no longer a ninja people wouldn't associate her with Olivia Munn's portray of the character. But please make her hair lavender ;-)
    Olivia Munn’s character was never even named. I think her character should just be named Kwannon and a new Elizabeth Braddock could be introduced. I’d love Munn’s Kwannon to show up in Deadpool.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Attachment 81803

Would love a mission or two with them together.
    So would I. That would be awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I can definitely see, and would absolutely love, to see Betsy introduced as a mutant, but not as an X-Man first.
    This will probably be my last post here for a long time, with the Politics of some of those who monitor these boards and such, So I just wanted to say when they introduced her in the books she wasn't a mutant, and they could go that Otherworld heritage with her.
    Also, they Introduced STRIKE way back in Winter Soldier, Lance Hunter is from STRIKE in London and first appeared in Captain Britain, and another thing folks don't realize is that, MCU had ownership of Elizabeth Braddock all the time, they didn't own Psylocke from New Mutants Annual 2 and up.

So they could have always used white Betsy, and if they'd never gotten the mutants back, the Mixed Asian version at FOX.

Wow it would be really exciting to see The Braddocks in the MCU especially if we didn't have to wait 6 years like with the X-men.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Olivia Munn’s character was never even named. I think her character should just be named Kwannon and a new Elizabeth Braddock could be introduced. I’d love Munn’s Kwannon to show up in Deadpool.
    I agree. I liked her as Psylocke and would have loved if she was in Deadpool 2. I think she and Ryan would have had great chemistry.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

I believe that Caliban refers to her as Psylocke when she's introduced.

I think that WallStreeter was inferring that she was never referred to as Betsy Braddock. So she could have been Psylocke or Kwannon (for all intents and purposes). Just like they never name Angel in Apocalypse, so the X3 version is still Warren Worthington and Angel.

I'm super intrigued by the Braddock name drop and I'm sure we'll get something about it sometime!
    My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Thats not true. Calibcan calls her by name twice and Angel names her as welll. She is definitively Psylocke

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    X-Men #31 Apr 1994
    "Soul Possessions Part One: The Butterfly & the Hawk"
    Spiral watches through Revanche's bionic eyes as Revanche seemingly prepares to attack a sleeping Charles Xavier.
    Just then, however, the feed cuts out, and the next morning Xavier reveals to Psylocke that Revanche left him a note saying she was leaving.
    Psylocke declines to tell him that Revanche left her her bionic eyes.
    In Japan, Matsuo recalls his past relationship with Kwannon, then meets with Spiral.

At the X-Mansion, Archangel invites Psylocke to breakfast while Xavier discusses his intentions to re-open Emma Frost's school with Beast,
    and Gambit checks on Rogue, who has been acting strangely since they returned from New Orleans. In Japan, Revanche tracks down Matsuo.
    She forces him to admit the truth of her origins. Dying of the Legacy Virus, she then asks Matsuo to end her life, and he does,

a sensation Psylocke feels a half a world away, as she and Archangel return to the mansion to find
    Spiral waiting for her, offering to answer all the questions she has about her relationship to Kwannon.

Script by Fabian Nicieza, pencils by Andy Kubert, inks by Matt Ryan
    I need to ask a huge favor, so I know all about Bets/Kwannon the switch/change/meld but here's the thing I never understood why Matsuo or even Spiral thought merging them together would save Kwannon. Was it her telepathy? Can someone explain that part to me, or more specifically why was Kwannon's body kept if the issue was with her mind? Basically I never actually read the story line but I now of the fall out, it just never made since to me why Betsy in Kwannon's body was Lady Mandarin opposed to Kwannon in Betsy's body.

^^^THIS!!!
    Last edited by Celestialbodies; 05-06-2019 at 06:20 PM.

Ultimate Member

I think that Matsuo wanted to use enough of English Betsy to return Kwannon to full health or something like that and they did better than they thought, or they merged the two bodies so that Kwannon would survive either way but messed up when Betsy was still around as well, all in all with Betsy ending up in the more Asian looking body and Kwannon in the more English looking one...

I think that some fans view the name Psylocke as part of the whole of the decades of Asian Betsy that they didn't like and try not to use the name to denote the difference between the Asian years and the current English look, or something along those lines...

BANNED

Luis Laczky

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post

Luis Laczky
    They need to have Kwannon wear another color.....put her in black with a red sash. I don't like her wearing Betts' colors.

I am wondering if Betts will go to a Excalibur themed book while Kwannon stays with Logan....Kwannon is a murderer so she really shouldn't be an XMan.....but then so was Mystique