Page 66 of 123 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116 ... LastLast
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I could see Brian happily transferring the Captain Britain mantle to Elizabeth for the sole reason that he's had enough of the superheroics and just wants to settle down and take care of his family.
    It could be THAT simple a reason. (Especially as we know from their history as kids that Elizabeth was always the one yearning for grand adventure while Brian was more the studious, bookworm type. He could see this as his chance to not have the responsibility of overseeing an entire dimension anymore).
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 07-23-2019 at 01:46 PM.

They’re the Luke & Leia of Marvel UK. As with Jedi powers, I’d be fine with them BOTH being Captain Britains.

Although, I’ve headfanonned stories where Meggan takes the Captain Britain mantle and Brian wears the Death’s Head armor.

I worry THIS Excalibur is going to feel as weird and wrong as the post Ellis iterations of the 00s.

The XM Blue aspect nostalgia might counteract that tho.

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    They’re the Luke & Leia of Marvel UK. As with Jedi powers, I’d be fine with them BOTH being Captain Britains.

Although, I’ve headfanonned stories where Meggan takes the Captain Britain mantle and Brian wears the Death’s Head armor.
    Yeah. It's a Captain Britain Corps after all. I wouldn't want Brian to retire. I hope there's a juicy role for him.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Attachment 84995

I’d be down for Monarch as her codename but since we’ve mentioned it so much they probably wouldn’t use it.
    So pretty!!! I hope this isn't the last we see of this costume, although I did want some tweaks and alterations of it someday.

Attachment 84995

I’d be down for Monarch as her codename but since we’ve mentioned it so much they probably wouldn’t use it.
    That’s beautiful.

If her reign as Captain Britain ends someday and she can’t/won’t go back to being Psylocke, I would rather she just go by her real name instead of getting a new codename, but I guess I could live with Monarch.

In the MCU, I think Brian will be CB first, then Elisabeth. It’s looking very likely that she won’t ever go by Psylocke in the new movies.

All-New Member

Long time lurker, first time poster!

I gotta say, I do dislike Betsy's new role as Captain Britain. I do hope Betsy keeps the butterfly insignia and the psychic knife, they are staples of her character (well, the butterfly is). Kwannon taking the name Psylocke feels like a cop-out, doubly so since they seem to want to take the easy way by just giving her the visual identity of Betsy in Kwannon's body instead of a completely separate entity.

Cool! I'm not ready to say goodbye to the pink costume yet.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Remember that this gives Betsy an even higher chance for having a prominent role in the MCU, or at least showing up in the MCU in general. Whether it's as Captain Britain or Psylocke. I'm pumped.
    Agreed.

67451705_3011601682248242_7085410065062035456_n.jpg

FDA88159-3687-4EA3-905B-20EE5D0C590E.jpg

Wish her hair was a little darker. But awesome nonetheless.

Thank you! Good to hear she'll be having other looks. I also hope the new pink one doesn't go away yet. I really like it.

Is this official? I like the idea of it...but the bulkiness keeps me from loving it. That and the fact that blue, red and white together with lavender and pink are kind of a weird colour palette.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Did you guys see the spoilers of the OMEGA level mutants? You should find it and check out the code name of one in particular.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    In the MCU, I think Brian will be CB first, then Elisabeth. It’s looking very likely that she won’t ever go by Psylocke in the new movies.
    Do you think that's why they're going with this instead of the usual mantle switcheroos that are so common in comics? I think it would be more simple that they just race-bend her into an Asian woman, keep Psylocke, and go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Do you think that's why they're going with this instead of the usual mantle switcheroos that are so common in comics? I think it would be more simple that they just race-bend her into an Asian woman, keep Psylocke, and go from there.
    Maybe? I could be completely off base. It just strikes me as too coincidental that she went back to her old body so soon after Marvel got the rights back and now she’s going to be Captain Britain and they’re giving the Psylocke codename to someone else. It seems like a preview for how they want to present her in the movies. They could’ve had Carol Danvers debut as Ms Marvel and then take the Captain Marvel title, but they went straight for Captain Marvel. It wouldn’t surprise me if they did something similar with Betsy.

Would it be easier to racebend her into an Asian woman? I’m not sure. The cynic in me expects Marvel to believe they only have room for one Asian X-Man and it’s going to be Jubilee.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 07-23-2019 at 10:33 PM.

It’s still too busy, but it looks ok here.