Page 69 of 123 FirstFirst ... 195965666768697071727379119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1836

The mutant Boadicea has snapped.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Anka variant

We're gonna be eating good, girls.
    This stance makes it hard to tell if the costume looks better or not. I really don’t like her face and expressions, but the sword and the coloring look great.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    Had the pleasure of talking to Ed Brisson, and Marcus To this evening at a signing. It was a joy getting a few comics signed, and also come home with this.

I was already leaning towards picking up the new Excalibur title, but now I've been obligated, and not complaining.
    Thought this thread might appreciate it.
    Last edited by Personamanx; 07-24-2019 at 05:18 PM.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    At this point, Kwannon is an obscure character. If she shows up in the MCU at all, I feel like it'd be in a Wolverine solo movie that takes place in Japan or something.

I'm just excited for my girl Braddock. Remember that Disney+ is a medium for Disney/Marvel to experiment with lesser known properties or more obscure ideas. So imagine this --- Betsy is introduced in a Captain Britain movie. Betsy gets her own Disney+ television series that details her time as a spy, then in Captain Britain 2, she takes over as Captain Britain. A lot of the secondary or supporting characters in the MCU movies are already getting their own Disney+ show. So as long as a Captain Britain movie is in the works, I feel Betsy is a shoe in to appear in the MCU.

TAKE ALL MY MONEY.
    While the thought of her never being Psylocke in the MCU does sadden me a bit, I am excited for all of this.

Thought this thread might appreciate it.
    Thank you.

She's beautiful. How did we get so blessed.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

I'm not following all this talk of Betsy needing to be Asian in a potential MCU movie in order for her to go by the Psylocke codename. She went by Psylocke in the comics prior to the body switch right? It's her most iconic codename so why can't she be called Psylocke regardless of whether she's Caucasian or Asian and then maybe change to Captain Britain if that's what they're planning further down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerX View Post
    I'm not following all this talk of Betsy needing to be Asian in a potential MCU movie in order for her to go by the Psylocke codename. She went by Psylocke in the comics prior to the body switch right? It's her most iconic codename so why can't she be called Psylocke regardless of whether she's Caucasian or Asian and then maybe change to Captain Britain if that's what they're planning further down the line?
    Disney and the MCU have really pushed diversity in recent films, gender and race swapping several characters. Theres a chance they might do that with a few X-men but with Psylocke, they wouldnt need to as she has a long history of being seen as Asian or at the very least biracial

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Disney and the MCU have really pushed diversity in recent films, gender and race swapping several characters. Theres a chance they might do that with a few X-men but with Psylocke, they wouldnt need to as she has a long history of being seen as Asian or at the very least biracial
    That's how I'd do it. But it's also possible she will be white and STILL be called Psylocke.

Some posts made it seem like her being Caucasian in the MCU would mean she would have to go by Captain Britain as if the Psylocke name and being Caucasian were mutually exclusive or something.

Yeah but Marvel is not following that route. And we just gotta go with the flow and see what the future holds. It is what it is.

That's how I'd do it. But it's also possible she will be white and STILL be called Psylocke.

Some posts made it seem like her being Caucasian in the MCU would mean she would have to go by Captain Britain as if the Psylocke name and being Caucasian were mutually exclusive or something.
    You are absolutely right that Psylocke/Betsy doesn’t need to be Asian to have the Psylocke codename in the MCU and she did have it before the body swap. Her losing the Asian body and Marvel giving the codename to Kwannon who now has the Asian body makes it look like Marvel is treating the body and codename like a packaged deal and dissassociating Elisabeth Braddock from both. That’s why I feel like no Asian body and no Psylocke codename are the most likely scenarios.

This is all pointless spectulation. They can definitely go with any combination of bodies and codenames in the MCU.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 07-24-2019 at 10:03 PM.

BANNED

Had the pleasure of talking to Ed Brisson, and Marcus To this evening at a signing. Had the pleasure of getting a few comics signed, and also came home with this.

I was already leaning towards picking up the new Excalibur title, but now I've been obligated, and not complaining.
    Man I love this. Such a cute and deceptively dangerous representation of Betsy.
    Over the years this is the direction I had always envisioned her going. Even doing a crappy armour myself lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post
    You are absolutely right that Psylocke/Betsy doesn’t need to be Asian to have the Psylocke codename in the MCU and she did have it before the body swap. Her losing the Asian body and Marvel giving the codename to Kwannon who now has the Asian body makes it look like Marvel is treating the body and codename like a packaged deal and dissassociating Elisabeth Braddock from both. That’s why I feel like no Asian body and no Psylocke codename are the most likely scenarios.

This is all pointless spectulation. They can definitely go with any combination of bodies and codenames in the MCU.
    That would also make MCU Betsy distinct from X-Men Apocalypse's Psylocke, who looked very much comic accurate!

Just being female is diversity enough anyway. There's very few female heroes in the MCU - Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Gamora, Nebula, Mantis, Captain Marvel, Rescue, Spectrum, Thor II, Hawkeye II and Cassie Lang. The list of male heroes is probably three times as long. And most of them debuted in the movies very recently or in the next couple of years.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Psyknight View Post

This whole board is pointless speculation

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Luckystar. View Post
    The mutant Boadicea has snapped.
    Though her story didn't end very well so hopefully Betsy can avoid that ending...

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    That would also make MCU Betsy distinct from X-Men Apocalypse's Psylocke, who looked very much comic accurate!

Just being female is diversity enough anyway. There's very few female heroes in the MCU - Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, Gamora, Nebula, Mantis, Captain Marvel, Rescue, Spectrum, Thor II, Hawkeye II and Cassie Lang. The list of male heroes is probably three times as long. And most of them debuted in the movies very recently or in the next couple of years.
    Yeah I think Marvel would probably see it that way too.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 07-25-2019 at 10:00 AM.