Page 73 of 123 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1836
    Ultimate Member

I think that they tried to fix things but then ended up just making things more convoluted...

Incredible Member

This is beyond hilarious.

Caucasian Betsy fans: Betsy will move away from the asian body and become the new capitain brittain: “YAY! Yes marvel finally doing it right.” Betsy is moving away from the butterfly power signature: “damn you marvel! You ruin it forever”

The internet generation needs to calm the f... down. Wait and see! It’s just comics!

Nuff' said.

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I was never one to complain, but I am very happy now. Betsy's British origins and aesthetics have always been a love of mine. I'm extremely ecstatic that she has this new bangin' costume. The flowers in her hair are silly cute and very boho chic. I originally fell in love with the Japanese body not knowing her backstory, but that doesn't matter.

All that matters is that I hope she keeps the same characterization she's had for the past decades since she's existed. No matter what body, she's always been an adrenaline-junkie and had the desire to do more. She's always straddled the moral line (yes, back in her British body days too).

It's a huge bummer that she won't have her butterfly signature anymore, but who knows? There's a chance it may come back. She's been drawn months on time without it (I'm sure creative talent just forgot), so it's not that much of a difference. However, I'm sure with enough fan criticism (please let your editors and creators know in a healthy way and don't just yell at them), this may change and she may receive her butterfly back.
    That’s a pretty strong point. The loss of the butterfly will always bother me if it sticks, but if they can stay true to the bolded, I can deal with it.
    Last edited by Psyknight; 07-26-2019 at 09:31 AM.

I was never one to complain, but I am very happy now. Betsy's British origins and aesthetics have always been a love of mine. I'm extremely ecstatic that she has this new bangin' costume. The flowers in her hair are silly cute and very boho chic. I originally fell in love with the Japanese body not knowing her backstory, but that doesn't matter.

All that matters is that I hope she keeps the same characterization she's had for the past decades since she's existed. No matter what body, she's always been an adrenaline-junkie and had the desire to do more. She's always straddled the moral line (yes, back in her British body days too).

It's a huge bummer that she won't have her butterfly signature anymore, but who knows? There's a chance it may come back. She's been drawn months on time without it (I'm sure creative talent just forgot), so it's not that much of a difference. However, I'm sure with enough fan criticism (please let your editors and creators know in a healthy way and don't just yell at them), this may change and she may receive her butterfly back.
    This is where I am. It sucks if she loses the butterfly full time but I honestly have faith in the creators on Excalibur to not only tell us engaging story but also give it in a way that feels natural.

Betsy has been one of the few characters over the last few years to have consistently good to great writing and a lot of the changes have been positive. We're getting hit with a lot of different things at once so it feels super jarring, especially considering what we've just come off of but I honestly don't think the butterfly will be gone forever. Once she's Captain Britain she'll have to learn and adapt to what that means for her and I'm sure her powers evolve as a result. It's unknown and that's what most exciting about it, imo.

Marcus and Tini have also been very kind on their respective social medias and they've even said most things about her are the same. It's been a long time since we've had a real shake-up with Elizabeth and this might be what is needed to propel her longevity and prominence.

Also, I really love the Krakoa flowers in her hair. Though it might be a thing where it only really looks great when Asrar draws it.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 07-26-2019 at 09:34 AM.

The last point I want to say is that YES, Kwannon as the New Psylocke would need the thongkini, telepathy, violet coloring, and psychic knife. That’s the brand image they would need. They don’t NEED the butterfly to sell New Psylocke at all. But they MIGHT need it to sell Betsy as CB.

It just feels like a very sloppy divorce when this was the chance to make a clean, intelligent break.

Gifted! Did you ever end up getting your Betts inspired tattoo?

Everything that is going on between these two characters should have been a story arc in one of the main titles or a mini series that was promoted correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Everything that is going on between these two characters should have been a story arc in one of the main titles or a mini series that was promoted correctly.
    Isn’t that what Excalibur and Fallen Angels are going to be for? To finally delve into the changes for both and see where their heads are at. It might not have happened immediately like some wanted but its coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Gifted! Did you ever end up getting your Betts inspired tattoo?
    Oh, my gosh. I did not! Good thing I didn't with all of these changes. Haha, just kidding. I'm still working on exactly what I want. But I know this has nothing to do with it, but I got to be in stage at SDCC with CB, Nick Lowe, JDW, and Hickman when they revealed Betsy as Captain Britain. Which is why I have a special connection for this change.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm okies with her not manifesting the psychic butterfly.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    Isn’t that what Excalibur and Fallen Angels are going to be for? To finally delve into the changes for both and see where their heads are at. It might not have happened immediately like some wanted but its coming.
    Where did you read that? The writer said it would be briefly mentioned in the first issue of Fallen Angels. And Excalibur is starting off with a war in OtherWorld. And the writer hasnt mentioned anything about the changes. So we'll see when we actually read this issues.

And what do you mean immediately? We've been waiting to get some insight on this change since October of last year. After Mystery in Madripoor.

Oh, my gosh. I did not! Good thing I didn't with all of these changes. Haha, just kidding. I'm still working on exactly what I want. But I know this has nothing to do with it, but I got to be in stage at SDCC with CB, Nick Lowe, JDW, and Hickman when they revealed Betsy as Captain Britain. Which is why I have a special connection for this change.
    I know what you mean. I originally joked to my friend that I was going to have get my butterfly covered up, haha.
    Aaah that's so cool! I'm really here for the Captain Betsy switch. I could do without the giant ass cape but I'm ready.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Where did you read that? The writer said it would be briefly mentioned in the first issue of Fallen Angels. And Excalibur is starting off with a war in OtherWorld. And the writer hasnt mentioned anything about the changes. So we'll see when we actually read this issues.

And what do you mean immediately? We've been waiting to get some insight on this change since October of last year. After Mystery in Madripoor.
    Hill has said he plans on addressing it the fist issue but he's also gone on about how this about getting into the mind of Kwannon and his plans to flesh out her character. Both To and Tini have alluded to all these changes making sense and how it's a bigger part of her character arc and finding herself. Character moments are always bound to happen within greater arcs. It seems rather obvious that the plan it to let them have their moment together and then go their separate ways to continue finding themselves and discovering what the changes mean for them. Individually.

Yes, the change happened in October and then the books fell into event mode with Disassembled, AoXm and no HoX/PoX. We knew the insight into the changes were never coming right away. Once these new books start the story will continue.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    You know what I realize, If this forum was around when they changed Psylocke body to Asian some of the people here would be complaining about it. And the change wasn't just her looks alone, In Rpg terms, she went from a Wizard to Rogue so stylistically she was way different too. I can pretty much imagine if they had a forum back then I am pretty sure it would look similar to right now "Marvel doesn't know what they are doing" "Marvel needs to change her back" " She isn't a ninja she a telepath" etc.. Betsy Braddock is one of the most stylistically different characters from where she started to where she is now. Change is part of the process imo.

I can't think of a bigger change you can make a character that hasn't happen to Besty. And here is the truth with all the changes if works and fans like it will stick and you have all the years(wasn't like 20 something years) in Asian body as proof. If it doesn't work comic is general cyclical so things tend to change back, In fact, changes tend to work in comics and they still change it back sometimes because publisher general protects the core concept in spite of success

You tell me what is a bigger change? British woman to Asian Woman or Manifesting her telepathy with a different signature? If Betsy character can survive that change this is no different. And if doesn't work it won't stick. Heck, we have problems with staying beyond writers run Psylocke got a new suit and lasted 6 to maybe 12 comics. The best characters in comics have face bigger changes that this Wolverine had no nose, Superman was electric, Spiderman was Doc Ock, Batman was commish Gordon in a mecha suit. If it is bad for character general comic company figures it out pretty quick.
    There were forums back then and they did bitch and moan about it lol. Just go to google groups and search Psylocke.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by sublimeclown View Post
    I'm trying to refrain from judging until the books come out, but it feels really disappointing. We now have 2 "Psylockes" and neither of them are what I really want. We have the Betsy we know and love, but she's no longer a ninja, no longer using the code name Psylocke, and no longer has the butterfly. Then we have Kwannon, who has all those things (we'll see about the butterfly), but is a totally different person, doesn't have the character relationships that Betsy does, and doesn't have the British accent! But this is comics, this could all be undone in 5 years, so who knows.
    Honestly, Most Americans can't tell a British "Accent" in a comic from a normal accent. If you can speak more than one languages, you can also speak in those tones and accents.

Also, After being stationed in England for training. There are 14000 accents depending on where you live, just like in America. Slang UK words don't count.