Page 74 of 123 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1836
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    The last point I want to say is that YES, Kwannon as the New Psylocke would need the thongkini, telepathy, violet coloring, and psychic knife. That’s the brand image they would need. They don’t NEED the butterfly to sell New Psylocke at all. But they MIGHT need it to sell Betsy as CB.

It just feels like a very sloppy divorce when this was the chance to make a clean, intelligent break.
    Serious question. When ALL characters get new costumes, why does Kwannon need the thong? Why can't she move past that silly outfit? Is she supposed to call it a "uniform" forever, especially when newer readers have read a thongless Psylocke for at least 7 years?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Serious question. When ALL characters get new costumes, why does Kwannon need the thong? Why can't she move past that silly outfit? Is she supposed to call it a "uniform" forever, especially when newer readers have read a thongless Psylocke for at least 7 years?
    Well like it or not, the thongkini costume is the image most associated with Asian Psylocke. If they want to bank on this new Psylocke as the new status quo, I can see them using it.

I did not say I liked the design.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CRaymond View Post
    Well like it or not, the thongkini costume is the image most associated with Asian Psylocke. If they want to bank on this new Psylocke as the new status quo, I can see them using it.

I did not say I liked the design.
    Oh, I know. I was just curious, because on some Psylocke related groups and X-groups on Facebook, SOME, nowhere all are praising the return of the thongkini. But most are like MEH! Even the Asian form fans.

I'm still upset about the butterfly.

But I'm so fcking stoked about Captain Britain. I absolutely love the Captain Britain mythos and the Excalibur book. Betsy is my absolute favorite and now they're bringing her back to her Otherworld roots. I also can't wait to see Marcus To draw her regularly (in costume and in civilian clothes).

I don't know. I've just been so giddy ever since the reveal. Eeeee.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    I'm still upset about the butterfly.

But I'm so fcking stoked about Captain Britain. I absolutely love the Captain Britain mythos and the Excalibur book. Betsy is my absolute favorite and now they're bringing her back to her Otherworld roots. I also can't wait to see Marcus To draw her regularly (in costume and in civilian clothes).

I don't know. I've just been so giddy ever since the reveal. Eeeee.
    I remember when she first joined the X-Men, the butterfly effect was iconic for her in the way she displayed and used her powers. I don't mind them giving Kwannon the psychic Sai blades, that is part of her contribution to Psylocke, but the butterfly belongs to British Elizabeth and always has.

Spectacular Member

Oh, I know. I was just curious, because on some Psylocke related groups and X-groups on Facebook, SOME, nowhere all are praising the return of the thongkini. But most are like MEH! Even the Asian form fans.
    I'll just jump in here to say this is accurate. I was against this change but while I have been pleased with some developments (Kwannon taking over the Psylocke mantle for example) I think a wardrobe upgrade is warranted. I think its probably a strategic calculation though to get people to understand this image of the Japanese ninja mutant isn't going anywhere. Then once they get us more comfortable with Kwannon in that position then they can further change the look. I used to love the design from Sam Humphries run on Uncanny X-Force and would like them to go back to something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by TurboTaj View Post
    I'll just jump in here to say this is accurate. I was against this change but while I have been pleased with some developments (Kwannon taking over the Psylocke mantle for example) I think a wardrobe upgrade is warranted. I think its probably a strategic calculation though to get people to understand this image of the Japanese ninja mutant isn't going anywhere. Then once they get us more comfortable with Kwannon in that position then they can further change the look. I used to love the design from Sam Humphries run on Uncanny X-Force and would like them to go back to something like that.
    Well, I will support Captain Britain Elizabeth 100%. Personally, I think it's ok if Brian removes himself and either leads or joins the council on Otherworld and thus turns the mantle of Earth 616 Captain Britain over to Elizabeth. As long as there is a good reason why Brian is stepping aside for Elizabeth and can even be a recurring character in Excalibur, I am happy with that. Plus I want some good brother and sister moments between them.

Quote Originally Posted by RachelGrey View Post
    I don't mind them giving Kwannon the psychic Sai blades, that is part of her contribution to Psylocke
    Kwannon wasn't even a psychic...

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    She was Psychic. Empaths fall under that category of Mentalist.

She was Psychic. Empaths fall under that category of Mentalist.
    She was a low-level empath. Psychic weapons were clearly out of her league.

BANNED

BTW that's Cyblade in your avatar incase ya didn't know. She was literally created to be Psylocke of that universe. Just without the Jim Lee influence.

BANNED

She was a low-level empath. Psychic weapons were clearly out of her league.
    I'm responding to the "She's not a Psychic" part.

Also, depending on the source and writer, You can have a variety of weaker and stronger abilities in the Psychic range.
    So it's not unheard of to have more than one ability related or not.

Hell Superman used to have Super-Sewing as a power...

BTW that's Cyblade in your avatar incase ya didn't know.
    Yeah, I know. I picked it just because I thought it looked cool.

Also, depending on the source and writer, You can have a variety of weaker and stronger abilities in the Psychic range
    I guess it's possible to explain it, I just find it amusing when people talk about Kwannon's contributions to Betsy like she was a well established character and not a retcon who existed because of Betsy in the first place.

I just read about the loss of the butterfly signature (to Kwannon!!) and it was sooo stupid!

The Butterfly sig is Betsy's power signature long before the body change. It's her core power and Mike Carey explained it beautifully. It can change/manifest to other forms but it will always stay there.

I'm still excited with her being Captain Britain, but power wise she seems like her post Revolution new Exiles era - a powerhouse (psy enhanced and now plus the amulet) wielding a psy sword that can smash mountains and most probably will fly too. But sadly.. no butterfly signature.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by four4elements View Post
    lmao i hope everyone who used to complain is happy now.

We used to have a prominent Asian role on the team, who was popular and drew in a lot of fans and was movie friendly.

Now we have two characters splitting up fan appeal and cannibalizing each other's brand, and their backstory is only more inaccessible than ever. lol In an effort to distance itself from an ancient racist plot, they dug it up which brought more attention to it

The body swap may have been a silly comic contrivance, but it basically retconned in some diversity at least.
    my sentiments exactly . the people who complained got what they wanted and still are not happy. you cant have it all. you want betsy to have the aspects of kwannon too and that's just not how it works. glad marvel is allowing betsy to be distinguishable by her roots as a British woman versus the things she came with as a result of kwannon.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!