Page 75 of 123 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1836

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    my sentiments exactly . the people who complained got what they wanted and still are not happy. you cant have it all. you want betsy to have the aspects of kwannon too and that's just not how it works. glad marvel is allowing betsy to be distinguishable by her roots as a British woman versus the things she came with as a result of kwannon.
    Since when the butterfly and Psylocke codename are Kwannon's aspects? These are her roots as a British woman.

All-New Member

Why Nicieza had to come up with that story... And remember the absurd of the story it self.. Claremont transform her in asian because the Mandarim minions wouldn´t accept the leadership of a caucasian... But suddenly they would accept the one from a japanese (with is worst for them)....

Quote Originally Posted by psycho_mbb View Post
    Why Nicieza had to come up with that story...
    Yeah, but to be fair, even Claremont's original story would be seen as problematic by todays' standards. So they'd still have to revert her back to Caucasian and do something about the Asian ninja. She was screwed either way. I'd say the best case scenario was for her to become white after getting free from the brainwashing as was originally intended.

Aw I loved the butterfly. I'm excited to see how the next couple of years turn out for both characters though. We'll just have to wait and see. Nothing in comics is permanent.

I know people would be even more outraged but I wonder if they would ever make Betsy blonde again. Or even address her dyeing her hair. Lavender hair with a red and orange costume is not my favorite mix lol.

---

Loved this fanart-

https://diggys-daily.tumblr.com/post...e-been-drawing
    Last edited by PoP; 07-27-2019 at 06:17 AM.

I don't mind Kwannon taking over the Psylocke codename while Betsy becomes Captain Britain, but Betsy needs to keep the butterfly and if they're going to stick Kwannon back in the 90s costume they could at least dignify it by adding shorts. Even if they're short shorts. Running around in underwear is idiotic.

Quote Originally Posted by PoP View Post
    Aw I loved the butterfly. I'm excited to see how the next couple of years turn out for both characters though. We'll just have to wait and see. Nothing in comics is permanent.

I know people would be even more outraged but I wonder if they would ever make Betsy blonde again. Or even address her dyeing her hair. Lavender hair with a red and orange costume is not my favorite mix lol.
    I swore I read somewhere when she gave herself the new body she permanently made her hair purple. For some reason, I remember reading that somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho_mbb View Post
    Why Nicieza had to come up with that story... And remember the absurd of the story it self.. Claremont transform her in asian because the Mandarim minions wouldn´t accept the leadership of a caucasian... But suddenly they would accept the one from a japanese (with is worst for them)....
    thats not what Claremont wrote. Betsy had her appearance altered so she would be more credible as an assassin for the Hand bc it would be more difficult for a Caucasian to move around in that environment. I dont think she was ever stated to be Japanese but was rather given Asian features. He left it vague

Quote Originally Posted by Yronheart View Post
    Nuff' said.

I hope Tini Howard and Jordan White no about this awesome Mike Carey explanation. I promised I'd stop tweeting at them. But I crossing my fingers they remember this.

Let's also remember that the Fallen Angels book is about them, especially Kwannon, finding themselves. She may look like Betsy, but what if that changes at the end of the first issue or the end of the first arc? I know they're already calling her Psylocke when she never went by that name -- but I'm just being optimistic. We don't actually know until we read the book.

The whole point of the book is about the three characters finding themselves and their identities.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

The whole Betsy "struggling with her identity" has been repeated ad nauseam. Every time she comes to terms with herself the plot gets rehashed again.

Her butterfly signature was her one constant. Sure it feel out of favour in the 90s, but even then it still made a few appearances in the rare occasion that writers actually had her using traditional telepathy. It's a complete slap in the face to take it away from her for marketing purposes.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Since when the butterfly and Psylocke codename are Kwannon's aspects? These are her roots as a British woman.
    the main complaint I saw from those who wanted betsy back in her British body was simply that. marvel has done this. so if in an effort to keep the psylocke "brand" that many have come to recognize since the 90s the same I personally see no problem here. we dont know what her evolution will bring to this character as she embraces those aspects of her heritage and also the mutant magic angle as well.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yronheart View Post
    Nuff' said.

I never get tired of this.

Quote Originally Posted by MetalPsyc View Post
    I just read about the loss of the butterfly signature (to Kwannon!!) and it was sooo stupid!

The Butterfly sig is Betsy's power signature long before the body change. It's her core power and Mike Carey explained it beautifully. It can change/manifest to other forms but it will always stay there.

I'm still excited with her being Captain Britain, but power wise she seems like her post Revolution new Exiles era - a powerhouse (psy enhanced and now plus the amulet) wielding a psy sword that can smash mountains and most probably will fly too. But sadly.. no butterfly signature.
    Exactly.

I don't even know if I'd call it struggling to find herself in that traditional sense. I think it'll be more...struggling with the new role and responsibility? Yeah, she's been CB before but it was so brief and never on this scale. She's going to be taking charge of a brand new type of mutant and a new form of magic. She's been the stealthy ninja chick for so long and now she needs to go back to full fledged hero. Defender of the realm and so many others. SHe's going to have to acclimate to what that means and probably get overwhelmed with the new struggles. A new way for her to come out on top.

The butterfly is a deep cut and it's definitely a visual that's going to be missed but she's still going to have her glorious glowing tk weapons, lavender hair, myriad of psychic abilities and all the experience she's garnered before. Idk this new X-Men era is just so exciting and different that I can't find myself getting too bummed about any of these changes. I think it's going to be hella exciting and to get such a new take on Betsy's stories aside from the same ole same ole is too enticing to pass up. Plus, I have total faith in the creative team and all the plans Hickman has laid out for the future. They' want to make sure this is done well and it works.

I also can't wait to see why she's got these Krakoa flowers in her luxurious hair.
    Last edited by Psycwave; 07-27-2019 at 01:32 PM.

Spectacular Member sublimeclown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tazirai View Post
    Honestly, Most Americans can't tell a British "Accent" in a comic from a normal accent. If you can speak more than one languages, you can also speak in those tones and accents.

Also, After being stationed in England for training. There are 14000 accents depending on where you live, just like in America. Slang UK words don't count.
    Personally, I always read Betsy with a British accent. If they start using Kwannon as Psylocke in the video games, movies, etc., I'm sure she won't have a British accent. Guess you can't have everything.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    She was a low-level empath. Psychic weapons were clearly out of her league.
    Spiral manipulated Kwannon’s genes so that Psylocke would have the same telepathic powers in the Asian body as she did in the original body.

So yes, Kwannon is just as telepathic as Elizabeth Braddock as a result. I’m glad Kwannon is now Psylocke and Elizabeth is Captain Britain. Betsy went back to her roots.