Page 99 of 123 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1836
    Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    To's Betsy is GOOD.
    The art is gorgeous.
    It’s so lovely to have her back, I have missed her, it’s been so long.

BANNED

I like Marcus To's work, I don't mean to shit on it. I just think a book this weird needs truly weird pencils. Seek out a Sienkiewicz worshipper, or even get Bachalo. But I'll give To time.

Quote Originally Posted by powerpax View Post
    I like Marcus To's work, I don't mean to shit on it. I just think a book this weird needs truly weird pencils. Seek out a Sienkiewicz worshipper, or even get Bachalo. But I'll give To time.
    I'd be really into Del Mundo doing an issue or an arc. I'm also lowkey a supporter of the thought that Asrar should've been doing the interiors as well.

I'm sad about the butterfly. I'm pretty stoked about the longsword. She even threw it like if it was solid and that was pretty cool.

Pslyocke is back! Its good to finally see Betsy back in the spotlight and getting her due

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Sienkiewicz is a superb artist, too good for comics, really, but To’s work is far more in keeping with the ‘spirit’ of the old Excalibur.
    Weird is, of course, good.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    I'm sad about the butterfly. I'm pretty stoked about the longsword. She even threw it like if it was solid and that was pretty cool.
    The longsword is glorious! I’m very happy with her cultural appropriate psychic weapons. She looks fabulous with them. God, I love her purple and black costume so much. But I’m happy she’ll be Captain Britain for a while. Also, Jamie is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Pslyocke is back! Its good to finally see Betsy back in the spotlight and getting her due
    Indeed! Very happy for her. Can’t wait to read Kwannon in two weeks. And for them to interact more. The only thing that disappointed me this issue was the lack of dialogue between them.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    The longsword is glorious! I’m very happy with her cultural appropriate psychic weapons. She looks fabulous with them. God, I love her purple and black costume so much. But I’m happy she’ll be Captain Britain for a while. Also, Jamie is fun.
    Is it wrong that I found him pretty hawt drawn by To? He's quite a terrible person hahaha but Braddocks have good genes.

Quote Originally Posted by Veitha View Post
    Is it wrong that I found him pretty hawt drawn by To? He's quite a terrible person hahaha but Braddocks have good genes.
    He was a very creepy hottie this issue. I also got “moved” by him.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post

Indeed! Very happy for her. Can’t wait to read Kwannon in two weeks. And for them to interact more. The only thing that disappointed me this issue was the lack of dialogue between them.
    I liked how Betsy is anxious about talking to Kwannon because she feels guilty for some of the things that she did in Kwannon's body. I really hope they get a chance to talk eventually!

Other than that, this was a great book for Betsy, and she is pretty badass even before the Captain Britain upgrade, she held her own pretty good against Morgana and Brian both. Now that the whole team is together, I can't wait to see what happens next.
    We are MUTANT..Krakoa, FOREVER!!! “Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité”

Such a pleasure to finally read this. I'm so happy for Betsy, her fam, and the new team. She looked beautiful emerging from the portal in her new costume.

I had been bummed that we didn't see her during HOX/POX but I'm totally fine knowing she went to live with her family for a while after AOX.

And I third the "feelings" for Jamie when I saw him.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

I remember it all throughout the Claremont years and much of the 90s and 2000s. Maybe they changed it in trade, but I feel confident I wasn’t hallucinating for almost 30 years. If I am it’s not that serious either way.
    Mandela Effect!

Only positives for me were the art and the scenes with Brian and Jamie.Just how exactly has Betsy stolen Kwannon's life while being left with no choice but to inhabit her body?What was she supposed to do,kill herself?

BANNED

I must say I loved 90% of the issue, and if you're a fan of Fantasy and Superheroic fantasy. Then this series is for you. While Marauders is more a fun swashbuckling romp, this is Queen Arthur with deep mythology and Mutant Magic tied into a family familiar with such things.

My biggest issue is actually the art, which I love. Most of us who do art have our styles, I like thicker curvier women, and that's what I mostly draw. To is becoming one of my favorite Betsy Artists. He makes her looks so good. However, all of his women in normal clothes tend to look alike. Once they are in a costume the differences become apparent. Betsy is curvier again, Rogue is Athletic and powerful, Jubilee is lithe and quick looking etc.

That's really my only issue with this issue.

The storyline they are building makes sense for the Braddock clan, HOW she becomes Captain Britain makes sense. WHY she goes by Betsy now makes sense etc.

The only other issue I have is them constantly trying to retcon her into being a tomboy. Who hated dresses and loved pants. For most people who've never read the Captain Britain series, this won't matter much. That's not your Betsy. But for those of who have, Know she loved dresses and skirts lol. She wore them constantly.

So outside of a minor retcon and some art issues that will probably adjust later, I like the direction and have always wanted more Otherworld. HEAR HEAR!

Yeah twas not her fault.

But like imagine Russell Dauterman or Pepe Larraz on interior for an OtherWorld/Krakoa arc. I would die.

But its wishful thinking. Marcus To did a good job.