Page 31 of 96 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    Yes, especially as the only Champions that appear in the issue are the ones before the relaunch.
    Yes, it's definitely before War of the Realms. It probably is between Snowguard's annual and the relaunch, though that does present a continuity error, as Nadia's mental breakdown is the reason she's missing in Champions #5. She should've also missed the Beat the Devil arc if Unstoppable Wasp #5 is before Champions Vol 3 #1. But if Wasp #7 is after Champions #4, then the new Champions should've been at the party as well, and Miles shouldn't have been as he's currently avoiding Kamala. Clearly Zub and Whitley didn't discuss their plans properly.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Pym was treating Victor Mancha like a grandson in Avengers AI
    is that series even canon? because the next time we saw Pym, he didn't see what he was doing to the Descendants as genocide. he was like "eff these robots."

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    is that series even canon? because the next time we saw Pym, he didn't see what he was doing to the Descendants as genocide. he was like "eff these robots."
    That's more on Remender ignoring canon than anything else

Runaways has directly referenced it.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Runaways has directly referenced it.
    is Runaways canon? is anyone still reading Runaways?

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    That's more on Remender ignoring canon than anything else
    could be. but he's had the biggest stamp on Pym's history so far.

is Runaways canon? is anyone still reading Runaways?
    LOL What's with you and questioning whether series are canon?
    You realise 99% of what Marvel puts out is canon, right? Even their alt reality stuff like Gwen-Spider is canon as it has direct ties to the 616 universe.

And yeah, I'm still reading Runaways. It's a great book even though I have some issues with it. And Gib is incredibly cute.
    #EmmaWasRight

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    LOL What's with you and questioning whether series are canon?
    You realise 99% of what Marvel puts out is canon, right? Even their alt reality stuff like Gwen-Spider is canon as it has direct ties to the 616 universe.

And yeah, I'm still reading Runaways. It's a great book even though I have some issues with it. And Gib is incredibly cute.
    It all comes down to the fact that Marvel plays a little fast and loose with their continuity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    It all comes down to the fact that Marvel plays a little fast and loose with their continuity.
    Eh. They might ignore a few facts here and there, but they don't tend to drop entire series from the canon.
    #EmmaWasRight

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Eh. They might ignore a few facts here and there, but they don't tend to drop entire series from the canon.
    My point is what they were saying about Pym between Avengers AI and Secret Avengers. The editorial staff should have caught the characterization change and said something.

Personally I always rationalized the huge change in Hank's temperament between Avengers AI and Rage of Ultron, as due to his Bipolar Disorder. He said in Avengers AI that he was in a period of hypomania, but he was due for a downswing

Certainly possible, as we saw recently in Unstoppable Wasp. Nadia was very out of character in issues 4 and 5 - and her bipolar was to blame. Hank was the same, which explains his Yellowjacket persona and the infamous wife slap.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Why are y'all spending more time talking about Hank Pym than the actual juicy news? ALLAN HEINBERG AND JIM CHEUNG ARE REUNITED! This absolutely HAS to do with the Young Avengers, right? I refuse to believe it's anything else. I mean, Cheung is liking all the comments on his IG post mentioning the YA. I'm taking this as confirmation.

I know it's not going to be much on the actual book, since it's been reported each creative team will only get literally one page of story to tell, but gosh, the fact that Marvel wanted to include the YA on a ''very special book'' celebrating a landmark anniversary with their original creators just gives me so much hope they will start caring about the team again. And since there will be a larger narrative behind this story written by our king of continuity Al Ewing himself, I'm hopeful there are a lot of plot points and characters from this one-shot that will carry on to other books.

Anyway, about the story: it was said that each page will feature a different year in Marvel History, so I'm guessing most of these are gonna be flashbacks. Considering they specifically got Heinberg and Cheung back for this, I'm assuming their part is probably gonna take place somewhere between 2005 to 2012, which is the time period where their YA roster was featured in comics. I'm really curious to see how they are going to portray the characters after all those years in the limited page-time they have. And I guess we'll finally have our answer as to whether they can use Eli or not, because I'm sure Allan and Jim would want him to be there.

Yeah, that page will definitely be about the YAs. I think Eli will probably just not have any lines, and his civilian name won't be mentioned. There's nothing stopping them using his Patriot costume, they just can't use Eli himself. I think their page will probably be somewhere around 2007-2008, with Rainbow Rowell's page adjacent to it (featuring the Runaways). The two teams crossed over in a couple of events around that time.

https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1126332417432801280

Jeremy Whitley put up earlier drafts of his Unstoppable Wasp #7 script. I know this stuff isn't canon, but this makes for a fun what could have been.

(Originally Cassie was just one of the guests, and Billy and some of the others had more to do. Whitley's headcanon that Billy and Tommy regularly communicate with Vision, and are totally aware of Viv, also feels like it should be canon, right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinroc View Post
    https://twitter.com/jrome58/status/1126332417432801280

Jeremy Whitley put up earlier drafts of his Unstoppable Wasp #7 script. I know this stuff isn't canon, but this makes for a fun what could have been.

(Originally Cassie was just one of the guests, and Billy and some of the others had more to do. Whitley's headcanon that Billy and Tommy regularly communicate with Vision, and are totally aware of Viv, also feels like it should be canon, right?)
    It's what I want from their relationship

But between how Vision was acting in Avengers AI (shutting himself off from the world and orbiting the sun), and then in Waid's Avengers (erasing his emotional connection to his memories of Wanda), and there was the whole having kids with Eve in Uncanny Avengers, and repeating that again with Virginia.
    I just don't think the canon supports Vision having a good relationship with Billy and Tommy. He keeps trying to replace them with more kids.