Page 42 of 96 FirstFirst ... 323839404142434445465292 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

ELI BRADLEY IS BACK
    THIS IS NOT A DRILL
    I REPEAT: ELI BRADLEY IS BACK
    AND HE'S INTERACTING WITH KATE BISHOP
    ALL OF MARVEL COMICS #1000 CAN BE CANCELLED AND ONLY THIS PAGE SHOULD REMAIN
    ALLAN HEINBERG AND JIM CHEUNG ARE LITERALLY MAKING MARVEL GREAT AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    WHATS IN THE BOX ELI??!?!!

Also: Where you been?
    Also Also: She's got a new beau, Eli.
    AAAlso: Is that Stark in the back? WHAT IS HAPPENING??!
    Sooo many people seem convinced this is a Billy/Teddy wedding, and I'd love if Allan and Jim were the ones to write/draw that, but it's only one page. How can you even tell a satisfying wedding story in one page? If it is a wedding for the boys, I hope Marvel is planning on doing more with it beyond this one page. Like, maybe there is a Young Avengers one-shot coming up, or maybe this story gets to continue on Marvel Comics #1001.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-12-2019 at 04:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Sooo many people seem convinced this is a Billy/Teddy wedding, and I'd love if Allan and Jim were the ones to write/draw that, but it's only one page. How can you even tell a satisfying wedding story in one page? If it is a wedding for the boys, I hope Marvel is planning on doing more with it beyond this one page. Like, maybe there is a Young Avengers one-shot coming up, or maybe this story gets to continue on Marvel Comics #1001.
    Yeah, all we can reeeeeeeeally say with confidence is that its a formal event, based on the clothes. And do we know the length? Is it one page?

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yeah, all we can reeeeeeeeally say with confidence is that its a formal event, based on the clothes. And do we know the length? Is it one page?
    We know it's one page on this specific issue because it's been reported that all creative teams would be doing one single page that would fit together in a bigger narrative. That being said, it's also been reported that we will have a follow-up issue, Marvel Comics #1001, so MAYBE some of the creative teams can continue their stories there.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think beardo there is Stark, considering he's holding a cocktail, and Tony's a reformed alcoholic. Could be Strange, could be a no-name.

That sounds like her Stinger costume. But there's another main difference between the two - the Stinger costume has a helmet, the Stature suit has a domino mask.
    It's her Stinger costume without the helmet, she's not wearing a mask

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    It's her Stinger costume without the helmet, she's not wearing a mask
    So Cassie is using her powers without the helmet again. I know this is probably just the writers/artists ignoring the fact that she lost her old powers and needed the gear to have them again, but I wish someone would actually make a plot point out of this and explain why she's able to so easily adapt and absorb the Pym Particles properties. Maybe because she was overexposed to the Pym Particles at such a young age, before her body was fully developed, it may have caused some kind of mutation in her or something? I could buy that explanation.

So Cassie is using her powers without the helmet again. I know this is probably just the writers/artists ignoring the fact that she lost her old powers and needed the gear to have them again, but I wish someone would actually make a plot point out of this and explain why she's able to so easily adapt and absorb the Pym Particles properties. Maybe because she was overexposed to the Pym Particles at such a young age, before her body was fully developed, it may have caused some kind of mutation in her or something? I could buy that explanation.
    no pleasing you huh? why not just accept what was already canon? members of Scott's genetic line are just adept at manipulating the particles. there wasn't any over exposure. she was just already sensitive to the pym particles that she stole from her father.

It's not like she was using ant or wasp control. That would require the helmet. Size changing probably just needs the main suit, which she was wearing.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

The FF kids said that the Lang family has genetic predisposition to using Pym Particle powers to their full potential. I wouldn't be surprised if that included absorbing the particles into their bloodstream so that they can regenerate particles on their own without getting a constant re-up

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    The FF kids said that the Lang family has genetic predisposition to using Pym Particle powers to their full potential. I wouldn't be surprised if that included absorbing the particles into their bloodstream so that they can regenerate particles on their own without getting a constant re-up

Yes, I remember that. Unfortunately, it's not enough, as no one really bothered to expand on that. I don't think most writers even remember this, so they don't write Cassie's powers from that particular POV. But it's an interesting concept, should someone ever try to come up with an official explanation as to how her powers work.

Ultimate Member

It does seem that, for some people, once you use Pym particles, it 'sticks' and you pretty much stay a size-changer from then on. That seems to have happened with Pym himself, Janet, etc.

And then there are a few who markedly have *not* been changed by the process, like Clint Barton. Maybe he's one of those oddballs who, when exposed to something that can A) give you super-powers, or B) give you cancer, doesn't get a spider-sense or big green rage-muscles or stretchy burny invisible brick-man powers...

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    It does seem that, for some people, once you use Pym particles, it 'sticks' and you pretty much stay a size-changer from then on. That seems to have happened with Pym himself, Janet, etc.

And then there are a few who markedly have *not* been changed by the process, like Clint Barton. Maybe he's one of those oddballs who, when exposed to something that can A) give you super-powers, or B) give you cancer, doesn't get a spider-sense or big green rage-muscles or stretchy burny invisible brick-man powers...
    he did lift a car with one arm during Bendis' run.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post

Yeah, but with Hank and Janet, I've always assumed that it was the long period of time they were exposed to the particles that mutated them. With Cassie, ever since she lost her powers she's been using the particles again for what, a few months in Marvel time? Definitely not more than a year. It seems like the particles might affect her in a different way, and I'd like if someone would actually make a plot point out of that.

A year does appear to have passed actually. Champions #24 and Magnificent Ms Marvel #1 both mentioned a new school year starting, and last year's Spider-Man Annual and the just announced Miles Morales: Spider-Man #1/LGY #250 both feature a birthday for Miles Morales. Kamala and Miles have both been seemingly been aged up a year, therefore the same would logically be true for the other teen heroes (Nadia and X-23 both just had a birthday too, though both just chose a random date as they don't know their real birthdays).
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A year does appear to have passed actually. Champions #24 and Magnificent Ms Marvel #1 both mentioned a new school year starting, and last year's Spider-Man Annual and the just announced Miles Morales: Spider-Man #1/LGY #250 both feature a birthday for Miles Morales. Kamala and Miles have both been seemingly been aged up a year, therefore the same would logically be true for the other teen heroes (Nadia and X-23 both just had a birthday too, though both just chose a random date as they don't know their real birthdays).
    Calculating time through the time established in other books doesn't always make sense. It's been stated that the current Runaways takes place 2 years after the original events of the first book, but some of the Young Avengers have definitely aged more than 2 years ever since. So it's probably best to stick to the books where the characters have actually appeared to define how much time has passed for them.

Yeah, Runaways definitely got the character ages wrong - it should have been three years, and should be four by next year since War of the Realms essentially adds ANOTHER timeskip to books that didn't tie-in. The book is definitely divorced from wider continuity at times. It's a really odd situation, they're happy to reference The Vision (where Victor Mancha was killed), A-Force (where Nico was prior to Civil War II) and Avengers AI (where Victor first met Doombot), but ignore Secret Wars, Secret Empire, and War of the Realms, which all take place over several months - that's where the aging discrepancy comes from. Kind of ironic actually, considering that the Runaways and Young Avengers were once prominent in events (in the Initiative/Dark Reign era).