Page 57 of 96 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I don't know if y'all have been following Anthony Oliveira on Twitter, but he kind of teased the possibility of writing Billy again, in addition to that screenshot I posted here last month in which he seemingly also teased something with Teddy. He also has been posting A LOT of panels of old comics, specifically Scarlet Witch and Vision comics back when they were married and expecting the babies, and some people have pointed out how it seems like he's doing research. Obviously, a lot of wishful thinking going on, but I really hope he's writing Billy and Teddy again.

Anyway, I was going through some old comics and I can't believe I forgot that Billy locked lips with Nate before he ever did with Teddy (at least on-page):

Such a precious moment. I wish we had gotten more of those flashback stories about the YA back when it was just the four of them and what kind of things they were up to.

Incredible Member

I've seen people nitpick that issue because Billy had his personality downgraded to just being gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    I've seen people nitpick that issue because Billy had his personality downgraded to just being gay.
    Eh, I don't see it. To me it's Billy with his usual Heinberg personality, who just happens to be making jokes about himself. The fact that he's gay is besides the point. If it was a straight character being quippy like that in the same situation, I doubt anyone would be complaining about them ''being downgraded to just being straight''. Those were hormonal teenagers with barely any romantic experience, for God's sake. It's not that deep.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 08-08-2019 at 10:16 AM.

So not sure how to do spoiler tags. But if anyone read Loki #2 was I the only one who thought the guy with the cloak and hood, glowing blue eyes, and star obsession looked very Demiurge esk? Just a theory but it wouldn't shock me if Billy popped up as he is probably one of Loki's only real friends solidified after that war of realms issue. It be an interesting suprise.
    Last edited by Journey; 08-14-2019 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So not sure how to do spoiler tags. But if anyone read Loki #2 was I the only one who thought the guy with the cloak and hood, glowing blue eyes, and star obsession looked very Demiurge esk? Just a theory but it wouldn't shock me if Billy popped up as he is probably one of Loki's only real friends solidified after that war of realms issue. It be an interesting suprise.
    Haven't read that yet and probably won't for a while. Can anyone post a picture here?

Future solicits call the two kids the Children of Eternity. Before i actually SAW them, i assumed it was just a name, of some kind of cult or something... but now it looks as though they are the LITERAL children of the character Eternity, who also has the whole star motif, and sometimes has yellow speech balloons. I am not sure about cloak guy though, Eternity himself is usually more.... grandiose. But it could be him. Loki is in the Halls of All Knowing there, the library of the gods, which seems like a place Eternity might actually visit on occasion. I doubt it is Billy, personally, I think it's more closely related to Eternity even if it's not actually him, but some kind of aspect or something, it fits better with the whole time shenanigans going on. Here's pics so you can judge for yourselves, though:

Last edited by Raye; 08-14-2019 at 05:23 PM.

Funny how those two resemble Singularity.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Raye View Post
    Future solicits call the two kids the Children of Eternity. Before i actually SAW them, i assumed it was just a name, of some kind of cult or something... but now it looks as though they are the LITERAL children of the character Eternity, who also has the whole star motif, and sometimes has yellow speech balloons. I am not sure about cloak guy though, Eternity himself is usually more.... grandiose. But it could be him. Loki is in the Halls of All Knowing there, the library of the gods, which seems like a place Eternity might actually visit on occasion. I doubt it is Billy, personally, I think it's more closely related to Eternity even if it's not actually him, but some kind of aspect or something, it fits better with the whole time shenanigans going on. Here's pics so you can judge for yourselves, though:

Hmmm, yeah, unless they're going for a misdirect there, it seems to be Eternity related. I'm still hoping we can get Billy as a guest star on this book, regardless. I would love a follow-up to their meeting on War Scrolls.

Yeah, while I don't think this is Billy, I do hope he and/or the other Young Avengers show up at some point. Loki's starting at the ground level of superheroing, after playing double agent there for quite a while, where no one quite knew what side he was on, and he doesn't have a whole lot of friends on the hero side of things aside from his siblings. The Young Avengers would definitely count there, in addition to Squirrel Girl, maybe sorta-kinda Wolverine. That's about it.

Also Ms. Marvel.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Just a reminder that Death's Head #2 comes out tomorrow and Marvel Comics #1000 comes out next week. Can't even remember the last time we had YA-related content two Wednesdays in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Just a reminder that Death's Head #2 comes out tomorrow and Marvel Comics #1000 comes out next week. Can't even remember the last time we had YA-related content two Wednesdays in a row.
    THANK YOU! I completely forgot about Death's Head.

Mmm maybe it was my subconscious protecting me. Still holding on to the notion that this is an AU situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That would be just a couple of months ago in fact, when the War of the Realms tie-ins Journey Into Mystery (starring Kate Bishop) and Superior Spider-Man (featuring America Chavez and the rest of the West Coast Avengers except for Kate) came out on alternate weeks (JIM #4 on June 5, Superior #7 on June 12, JIM #5 on June 19, Superior #8 on June 26). June 12 also had Giant-Man #3, which featured Cassie Lang.
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/War_o...ystery_Vol_1_4
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Super...er-Man_Vol_2_7
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Giant-Man_Vol_1_3
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/War_o...ystery_Vol_1_5
    https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Super...er-Man_Vol_2_8

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    THANK YOU! I completely forgot about Death's Head.

Mmm maybe it was my subconscious protecting me. Still holding on to the notion that this is an AU situation.
    Death's Head being this week surprised me too. Felt like the last one came out so soon ago.

You know I'm loving the way Tini writes Billy in Deathshead he's just so Blasè about everything. Kind of a refreshing side of him his mannerisms are such a mood.