Page 75 of 96 FirstFirst ... 256571727374757677787985 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,125 of 1435

So question with the Demiurge being the newly established "sentient life force" of the universe and all that jazz. Does that mean Billy is immortal? I mean maybe not at this particular moment, but in the future? Or when his mortal body dies does he become full demiurge? I'm wondering if any of this has been established?

Also YA vs Champions is something I would prefer before merging the teams. I mean the YA is so iconic the Champions are wannabes!

"Marvel Studios has made the decision to move ahead with the third 'ANT-MAN' film. About 2 weeks ago, I was told it was expected to film Summer of 2021. Yesterday I found the hard evidence I was looking for: Pym Particles Productions III LLC was formed a little over a month ago."

https://twitter.com/PodcastMurphy/st...58490134642690

Captu12re.jpg

If Ant-Man 3 is happening, then there's no way we're not seeing Cassie suit up in that!

However, there's a report that Jeremy Renner threatened to kill his ex-wife. If that's true and he gets fired, it would scupper Kate's debut...
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    So question with the Demiurge being the newly established "sentient life force" of the universe and all that jazz. Does that mean Billy is immortal? I mean maybe not at this particular moment, but in the future? Or when his mortal body dies does he become full demiurge? I'm wondering if any of this has been established?

Also YA vs Champions is something I would prefer before merging the teams. I mean the YA is so iconic the Champions are wannabes!
    There was a scene at the end of the last issue of Immortal Hulk which made me wonder whether that was supposed to be Billy after having become the sentient life force of the universe. I believe it was refered to as something similair to that.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If Ant-Man 3 is happening, then there's no way we're not seeing Cassie suit up in that!

However, there's a report that Jeremy Renner threatened to kill his ex-wife. If that's true and he gets fired, it would scupper Kate's debut...
    If anything I wonder if Renner getting fired wouldn't increase the chances of Kate's debut. Since they'd likely want a new archer.
    Most likely they'll just say Clint died off-screen and have Kate come in as a secret protege or just someone inspired by him.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    There was a scene at the end of the last issue of Immortal Hulk which made me wonder whether that was supposed to be Billy after having become the sentient life force of the universe. I believe it was refered to as something similair to that.
    I believe that the sentience of the cosmos was called Metatron in an earlier issue

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    If anything I wonder if Renner getting fired wouldn't increase the chances of Kate's debut. Since they'd likely want a new archer.
    Most likely they'll just say Clint died off-screen and have Kate come in as a secret protege or just someone inspired by him.
    It's not a matter of chances. Kate is already confirmed to be co-starring on the Hawkeye series with Clint.

I miss the Young Avengers. I've been so out of the loop I don't even remember picking up anything after Children's Crusade.

I like when they are all togther. And they were the only Avengers title that I ever picked up.

Can someone do a quick rundown on whats going on with some of the characters.

I know Patriot is off limits for some reason.

Cassie died but came back?

Wiccan and Hulkling have been making appearances.

Hawkeye had a series that was good, right?

Jonas Vision still around? I feel like there are a lot of Vision babies now.

Speed is MIA?

Iron Lad is never coming back?

Have the Champions and Young Avengers ever interacted? Thanks for any help.

Alson random side bar: I wish there was a Wonder Boy.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    I miss the Young Avengers. I've been so out of the loop I don't even remember picking up anything after Children's Crusade.

I like when they are all togther. And they were the only Avengers title that I ever picked up.

Can someone do a quick rundown on whats going on with some of the characters.
    1. I know Patriot is off limits for some reason.
    2. Cassie died but came back?
    3. Wiccan and Hulkling have been making appearances.
    4. Hawkeye had a series that was good, right?
    5. Jonas Vision still around? I feel like there are a lot of Vision babies now.
    6. Speed is MIA?
    7. Iron Lad is never coming back?
    8. Have the Champions and Young Avengers ever interacted? Thanks for any help.
    9. Alson random side bar: I wish there was a Wonder Boy.
    1. Patriot seems to be all good now, he was in Marvel Comics #1000
    2. Cassie was brought back to life, spent some time with dad, goes by Stinger now
    3. Wiccan and Hulkling were in Al Ewing's New Avengers, following up on their big roles in Volume 2
    4. Kate co-starred in Matt Fraction's Hawkeye, which was EXCELLENT. Probably the best Marvel comic of the decade. She was also in Volume 2.
    5. Jonas has barely been mentioned, def still dead
    6. Speed came back at the end of Volume 2, I think he had a cameo in Unstoppable Wasp
    7. Iron Lad has had some cameos with Kang, in Hickman's Avengers Original Sin arc I recall
    8. A little, I think, in Unstoppable Wasp

Volume 2 by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie, which came after Children's Crusade, was fun, though it only featured Kate, Wiccan and Hulkling from the original cast (with a few guest spots by Speed). It brought Noh-Varr / Marvel Boy, Miss America Chavez and Prodigy onto the team. After that, there was a little Young Avengers story in one of the Original Sins anthologies.

There was a second volume of the Young Avengers that had Wiccan, Hulkling, Kate, Noh-Var/Marvel Boy, Miss America Chavez, kid Loki, and David Alleyne as the main team. It was pretty good, you should check it out.

Patriot was believed to be in some sort of legal battle since no one was able to mention him or his family by name for years, but it seems to have been resolved, as he came back for the Marvel #100.

Cassie did die in Children's Crusade and came back years later because of some Doctor Doom being turned good shenanigans and feeling guilty so resurrected her. But she is still a teen and now lives in Florida while all of her friends are adults now. Also, she now goes by Stinger.

Wiccan and Hulkling were part of the roster of the All-New Avengers, were in a little special with Loki that was only a few pages of a book earlier this year, but was quite good, are in the new Death's head mini that has been going on, Billy is part of a series called Strikeforce, and people believe there's a King of Space storyline coming for Teddy later in the year.

Kate developed a friendly kind of mentor-ish kind of sibling-ish relationship on their shared book Hawkeye, and the book split the focus between both of them. She then had her solo book which led into her being the leader of the West Coast Avengers, with Clint, America, Gwenpool, Quentin Quire and her boyfriend from her solo.

Jonas died in Children's Crusade and stayed dead for some reason, despite them saying that they had backup files.

Tommy had cameos or mentions in some things, but not a really strong appearance since Children's Crusade. He had an issue to himself in YA V2 and was back in the last issue, but he wasn't part of it much, and that's the best he got besides appearing in the background or being mentioned briefly. (#justicefortommy)

Iron Lad did was in a book I don't remember the name of and am too lazy to search, don't know what happened to him after that.

And not as a team, as far as I'm aware, but some members did meet up, and they could have met offscreen on the birthday of Nadia Van Dyne.

Did I forget anything?

Thanks you guys. I hope they do come back in a 2020 on-going. With an artist that can do them justice and meet dead lines.

Their guest appearance in Unstoppable Wasp was pretty cute and also included a team-up with the Champions

Also Heinberg and Cheung's page in Marvel Comics #1000 was amazing

Frank Martin's color palette is always too warm for my tastes. Always with the orange lighting...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It's not a matter of chances. Kate is already confirmed to be co-starring on the Hawkeye series with Clint.
    And that's the problem. If Renner gets fired, that show could be cancelled. And that would mean no Kate.

Quote Originally Posted by CGAR View Post
    Also random side bar: I wish there was a Wonder Boy.
    Honestly, I'm not surprised there's no Wonder Boy, for two reasons. One, it would sound like a Wonder Woman related character (hell, I don't get how they ever got away with calling Simon Williams "Wonder Man"). And two, Wonder Boy is the name of a video game character from the Sega Master System era.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-17-2019 at 05:51 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Since this pretty much confirms that the Champions and Young Avengers have separate stories in Incoming, I think this means that Bleeding Cool got that wrong, and the teams won't be merging and will both get new books. It was just too soon to announce them at NYCC.
    I wouldn't say that's confirmed. We've only seen a panel with Billy and Teddy cuddling on a couch and a panel of Billy apparently using his powers. We have no idea what is the context of that story or who they might be interacting with. Anything could be happening there.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm trying not to think too much about the ''sentient life force'' thing, because I'm still not sure what Tini meant by that. It's possible she's planning some plot point about it, or it's possible she just misunderstood what the whole Demiurge thing was. Gillen himself said that Billy's Demiurge and the OG Demiurge were supposed to be different entities, but that wasn't really clear to everyone, so I still see some people thinking that Billy is supposed to be that same guy. I'm gonna wait and see what happens on Strikeforce.

And that's the problem. If Renner gets fired, that show could be cancelled. And that would mean no Kate.
    I mean, it could be a problem... or it could just make Kate even more important faster than we thought. They could simply turn the Hawkeye TV show into her solo show, since she was already supposed to play a big role in it and it's likely their goal was to show her taking up the mantle for future productions anyway. I mean, it would suck to not see Clint and Kate interacting, but it's one way around the issue.

It's too early to tell what's gonna happen, though. Renner denied the accusations and made his own accusations against his ex-wife, so we could be dealing with another Johnny Depp/Amber Heard case, which was... indecisive, to say the least.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-17-2019 at 10:36 PM.