Page 41 of 96 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Idk I'm kinda here for edgy Billy.
    I don't mind him being a little edgy. It's just that I've been seeing a lot of suggestions that I think do more harm than good for the character, like ''Teddy is going to die and he's going to go all House Of M on everybody's ass''. Like, yeah... no, thanks. You can show him being a little more edgy without having to resort to that sort of thing.

Idk I'm kinda here for edgy Billy.
    Me too I mean Billy's snap could be just as bad as Thanos if they took it there! This is gonna be fun if he's just there to be the anti of team that'll be boring. Also his mental issues could play a huge part in all this. Eitherway we'll know more to tommorow. *shrugs*
    Last edited by Journey; 06-10-2019 at 06:01 AM.

Tini Howard, the same writer that's doing Death's Head, is writing Strikeforce, the team book Wiccan is on. I'd be seriously worried now that something will happen to Teddy in Death's Head.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Tini Howard, the same writer that's doing Death's Head, is writing Strikeforce, the team book Wiccan is on. I'd be seriously worried now that something will happen to Teddy in Death's Head.
    No need to be worried. Tini just reassured fans on Twitter he's okay.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

I'd kinda prefer him to be dead, or captured or something....

Kinda sad that Ewing's great set up is wasted, while conflicted that Billy is being used (as I'm a huge Billy fan), but it's ALWAYS Billy. Would have been nice to see it be Teddy instead.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post

I'm really excited for Strikeforce! Interesting that it's Tini Howard writing. Though we haven't seen Death's Hand(and I haven't really read anything by her lool), I think its cool to have Billy written by the same writer for a while? Peralta is also a good artist that fits the premise of the book.

I haven't read Tini Howard's stuff but her being the writer kinda puts me at ease about the whole thing. She has a good vibe
    while conflicted that Billy is being used (as I'm a huge Billy fan), but it's ALWAYS Billy
    I kinda feel like it's Children's Crusade's fault that the Young Avengers became the Billy show. I wonder if it would have been different if it'd actually come out on a regular schedule, but as it was for two years it was the only YA content and it was all about Billy. I mean, sure, there's the stuff with Cassie and Iron Lad, but that's all nested within Wanda's story.

On a side note, I reread Vol 1 and CC recently, and I felt like CC's depiction of the relationship between Iron Lad and Cassie was really out of proportion with what was established in Vol 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I'm just going to give you props for the Schitt's Creek gif. Love that show.
    Last edited by H-E-D; 06-11-2019 at 12:00 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post

On a side note, I reread Vol 1 and CC recently, and I felt like CC's depiction of the relationship between Iron Lad and Cassie was really out of proportion with what was established in Vol 1.

Oh yes definitely, he was most likely originally going to stick around originally, but editorial probably didn't want Iron People for Civil War and wanted Vision back so that was the end result.

If I were writing it he'd stick around they'd relate with the fact that they're both the members of the team who lack confidence in their abilities and how much screw ups they are.

Cassie gets a good showing in Giant-Man #3, btw.

What do they call her? Her most recent appearance, Unstoppable Wasp #7, called her Stinger but used a recoloured Stature costume and the Stature powers.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Kinda sad that Ewing's great set up is wasted, while conflicted that Billy is being used (as I'm a huge Billy fan), but it's ALWAYS Billy. Would have been nice to see it be Teddy instead.
    The book seems to be more mystic-themed, so I'm afraid there isn't much they could've done to develop Teddy's cosmic story there. What he needs is for someone to put him in a cosmic book. Ewing teased a cosmic conflict coming up that will involve both the Kree and the Skrulls, so I really think now would be a good time for the Knights Of The Infinite story to return. Plus, there was that Avengers World thing where Teddy was there without Billy, so who knows. Let's hope Lord Ewing has a plan.

I'm really excited for Strikeforce! Interesting that it's Tini Howard writing. Though we haven't seen Death's Hand(and I haven't really read anything by her lool), I think its cool to have Billy written by the same writer for a while? Peralta is also a good artist that fits the premise of the book.
    Yeah, the fact that we have a writer that seems invested in him is VERY good, 'cause that is usually what keeps characters out of limbo. I'm happy that we seemingly found someone who might give him a push and convince Marvel to use him more in their stories. Hopefully some writer will take the same kind of interest in Teddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    What do they call her? Her most recent appearance, Unstoppable Wasp #7, called her Stinger but used a recoloured Stature costume and the Stature powers.
    No codename, just "Cassie". She's using growth powers, but her costume has wasp wings.

ETA: Just saw this making the rounds:

(source: Jim Cheung's Tumblr)

WHATS IN THE BOX ELI??!?!!

Also: Where you been?
    Also Also: She's got a new beau, Eli.
    AAAlso: Is that Stark in the back? WHAT IS HAPPENING??!

I don't think beardo there is Stark, considering he's holding a cocktail, and Tony's a reformed alcoholic. Could be Strange, could be a no-name.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    No codename, just "Cassie". She's using growth powers, but her costume has wasp wings.
    That sounds like her Stinger costume. But there's another main difference between the two - the Stinger costume has a helmet, the Stature suit has a domino mask.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 06-12-2019 at 04:39 AM.