Page 73 of 96 FirstFirst ... 236369707172737475767783 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,095 of 1435

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think Kamala, Miles, Sam or Amadeus would be involved. Viv's the only founder Champion that may defect. She's a like for like replacement for Jonas. Don't forget Amadeus has the Agents of Atlas, who will probably also be getting another run after the current mini ends (otherwise, why are they in Incoming?).
    I wouldn’t mind an agents of atlas ongoing, actually.

I've honestly been expecting them to cut Speed out of the equation. Because if we're being honest with ourselves, Speed is the least important member of the team.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    I imagined this rumor would pop up not too long after we got the baby casting calls. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because I remember we had casting calls for twin babies for either Avengers: Infinity War or Endgame, and a lot of people theorized that was going to be for Wanda and Viz's kids as well, but it wasn't. Although with this being a production entirely about the two of them, the odds of their kids showing up increase a lot. Hopefully it's true. It's interesting that they specifically say the babies will grow up rapidly throughout the show. If there's any truth to this rumor, then we're likely getting casting calls for older child actors soon.

BTW, here's the new casting call that's been going around, which is slightly different than the one we've gotten before:

This is relevant because a lot of people thought that the fact that they were looking for boys AND girls could mean we'd be getting male/female twins, but this casting call says they're looking for boys OR girls, which just evidences the gender of the actors doesn't really matter and they're likely ''blind casting'' the babies, since they would all look the same on-screen anyway. That means we could still be getting two boys (or two girls if they really wanna change things). The fact that they're looking for as much as 3 or 4 babies is also a strong evidence that we might have more than one baby in the story, as they usually need an extra child actor for these kind of things, and I don't think they would be looking for so many babies if it was an only child.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-12-2019 at 07:23 PM.

I comic book news, I'm pretty excited about the recent revelation that Al Ewing is acting as the ''overseer'' of Marvel Cosmic. I'm guessing that's probably why we might be getting a follow-up to the King Of Space story. I'm hoping he'll be the one to write it, wherever it takes place. If there's anyone I trust to continue this story and take Teddy to the next level in the comics, it's Ewing.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    I've honestly been expecting them to cut Speed out of the equation. Because if we're being honest with ourselves, Speed is the least important member of the team.
    Nah no one gives a **** about Jonas. Tommy has fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Nah no one gives a **** about Jonas. Tommy has fans.
    I still love Jonas

Extraordinary Member

Tommy and Jonas have the same issue of being too much like an existing Marvel character. Speed is so much like a young Quicksilver that when they meet in "Children's Crusade," Tommy lists all the ways in which he and his "uncle" are alike.

But at least everyone knows Speed is a separate character. Jonas was plagued by doubts about which Vision he was even supposed to be: other writers would sometimes seem to be under the impression that he was the original Vision, but younger, but to be fair, Young Avengers sometimes seemed to encourage this confusion (like when Jonas mentions something the original Vision did and Jarvis replies, "Someone's been reading up on his own history").

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    If they do, it'll be to replace him with Viv (who would also serve as Jonas's replacement, powers wise). I can't see the kids not being twins.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I still love Jonas

Same. I still miss him and hope whoever gets to writer YA next adresses him. It's frustrating that Cassie has been back for 5 years now and no one has bothered to mention at least once how she feels about his death. Too bad Heinberg didn't have more page time in MC #1000, otherwise I'm sure he would've managed to squeeze some sort of follow-up to Jonas there, but with a single page, he already had enough on his plate by having to establish Eli's return.

And if I had to guess who the least favorite Young Avenger is, my bet would be on Iron Lad. He was very important in the beginning, but now I think most YA fans think of him as passé, since he was the one who spent the less time being on the team and, therefore, didn't quite leave his mark as much as the others. The fact that the last time we saw him he went rogue and killed one of the members didn't help.

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Tommy and Jonas have the same issue of being too much like an existing Marvel character. Speed is so much like a young Quicksilver that when they meet in "Children's Crusade," Tommy lists all the ways in which he and his "uncle" are alike.

But at least everyone knows Speed is a separate character. Jonas was plagued by doubts about which Vision he was even supposed to be: other writers would sometimes seem to be under the impression that he was the original Vision, but younger, but to be fair, Young Avengers sometimes seemed to encourage this confusion (like when Jonas mentions something the original Vision did and Jarvis replies, "Someone's been reading up on his own history").
    It's kind of a self-fulfilling issue. People may not want to use them because they're too much like other characters, but if nobody uses them, how can they be fleshed out to the point where they can evolve into being seen as their own, individual characters? This is a issue that can easily be fixed, but writers need to want to develop them beyond what's been done so far.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-12-2019 at 10:26 PM.

Incredible Member

With all this talk in Slott's Iron Man about AI rights, it would be interesting if they reintroduced long-forgotten AI's just sitting on shelves.
    Also, Slott had him on his Avengers team and he's probably the only current writer at Marvel to recognize him as a separate character.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    And if I had to guess who the least favorite Young Avenger is, my bet would be on Iron Lad. He was very important in the beginning, but now I think most YA fans think of him as passé, since he was the one who spent the less time being on the team and, therefore, didn't quite leave his mark as much as the others. The fact that the last time we saw him he went rogue and killed one of the members didn't help.
    As a Young Avenger, maybe. But Iron Lad has had a lot of appearances in other books since Children's Crusade, more than Eli or Tommy. Fraction's FF (as Kid Immortus), Hickman's Avengers, Ahmed's Exiles. Some of them are different versions, but they're all inspired by the YA version.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    With all this talk in Slott's Iron Man about AI rights, it would be interesting if they reintroduced long-forgotten AI's just sitting on shelves.
    Also, Slott had him on his Avengers team and he's probably the only current writer at Marvel to recognize him as a separate character.
    I'm not sure that Slott did recognize Jonas as a separate character, it's been a long time since I've reread Mighty Avengers but I distinctly recall a scene where Jonas was watching who he thought was Wanda and the narration box implied that the original Vision was screaming deep down inside him

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    And if I had to guess who the least favorite Young Avenger is, my bet would be on Iron Lad. He was very important in the beginning, but now I think most YA fans think of him as passé, since he was the one who spent the less time being on the team and, therefore, didn't quite leave his mark as much as the others. The fact that the last time we saw him he went rogue and killed one of the members didn't help..
    Weird how both the initial Young Avengers and Runaways leaders(Nate and Alex) ended up with this sort of villain twist and aren't a staple on the teams' lineups anymore.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    If they do, it'll be to replace him with Viv (who would also serve as Jonas's replacement, powers wise). I can't see the kids not being twins.
    While it would suck for fans of Tommy or Jonas, this makes sense to me, and would perhaps switch things up a bit.

I always wondered why Wanda and Vizh's 'children' took after Wanda *and her brother.* That's creepy (particularly in light of the incestuous relationship they had in the Ultimates universe). There's no reason why magically spawned children of a living person and a machine person couldn't have one of them take after 'dad' and be a synthezoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    As a Young Avenger, maybe. But Iron Lad has had a lot of appearances in other books since Children's Crusade, more than Eli or Tommy. Fraction's FF (as Kid Immortus), Hickman's Avengers, Ahmed's Exiles. Some of them are different versions, but they're all inspired by the YA version.
    Yeah, I meant last time we saw him with the Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Weird how both the initial Young Avengers and Runaways leaders(Nate and Alex) ended up with this sort of villain twist and aren't a staple on the teams' lineups anymore.
    I love the littel parallels between the two groups. It's specially funny when you remember Cassie was planning to join the Runaways until she saw the Young Avengers on the news. I miss that early 00s time when the Runaways and the YA were like the sister teen groups of the MU. It hasn't felt like that for a long time now. I wish Marvel would give us another crossover.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While it would suck for fans of Tommy or Jonas, this makes sense to me, and would perhaps switch things up a bit.

I always wondered why Wanda and Vizh's 'children' took after Wanda *and her brother.* That's creepy (particularly in light of the incestuous relationship they had in the Ultimates universe). There's no reason why magically spawned children of a living person and a machine person couldn't have one of them take after 'dad' and be a synthezoid.
    I'm pretty sure I already had this exact same discussion here before, but I'm ok with Billy and Tommy being mini Maximoffs. And not just because I can kind of relate to this IRL (I have a niece who looks a lot like me, but nothing like her father ). Off-page, this is probably explained by the fact that Heinberg wanted each character to resemble a classic Avenger, and he had already planned a Vision counterpart (Jonas), so it made sense that Tommy would represent someone else, and since Pietro was still family in a way, it felt justified to create that connection.

There was never any canon explanation for this in-universe, but my headcanon is simply that Wanda felt inspired by her own sibling experiences with her brother when she got herself pregnant with twins, and that influenced their magic souls, which would later reincarnate as Billy and Tommy and give them the powers that they have today. And even if the babies were magically conceived, Wanda still had an organic pregnancy development and gave birth to organic human(ish) babies, so it makes sense to me that the reincarnation of those babies would also be human-based. I mean, the whole story is already absurd as it is; making one of the twins a synthezoid would just further complicate things.