Page 74 of 96 FirstFirst ... 246470717273747576777884 ... LastLast
Results 1,096 to 1,110 of 1435
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    While it would suck for fans of Tommy or Jonas, this makes sense to me, and would perhaps switch things up a bit.

I always wondered why Wanda and Vizh's 'children' took after Wanda *and her brother.* That's creepy (particularly in light of the incestuous relationship they had in the Ultimates universe). There's no reason why magically spawned children of a living person and a machine person couldn't have one of them take after 'dad' and be a synthezoid.
    Well, the OG Thomas and William are meant to be like Wanda and Vision, mainly back up by some details in Englehart's Vision and the Scarlet Witch and AU comics like The Last Avengers story.(Actually I am very interested in Billy meeting the AU Sorcerer Thomas.)
    It probably won't get addressed like why the magic is shifted from Thomas/Tommy to William/Billy.
    I think it's probably Jonas already taking the Vision role in the team, it would be kinda redundant if the twins are a magic user and a phaser/density-shifter.
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 10-13-2019 at 01:02 AM.

I feel Tommy as a character has a lot more potential then Pietro ever could. If writers would just use him they could make something spectacular. Him and Billy's relationship could be explored, his backstory is obscure. He's a legit blank canvas waiting to be used.

Their's already little plot points they could use and build on from other runs to give him a little more credibility. For example when Billy mentioned Tommy would bend time and space to rip his enemies apart in milliseconds, someone could take that tiny little statement and upgrade his power set from just speedster. Billy's ridiculously OP it wouldn't be that unbelievable that Tommy has some underlying powers, giving him power over Time and Space, while Billy has reality could be fun!!

Number 2 remember when the homewrecker tried to upgrade his position from useTAmutant to fake Patriot despite any real evidence. Wouldn't it make more sense given the fact that fake patriot went after Tommy he would be the one tied to Billy's destiny as the demiurge. As twins he could be the perfect balance to him in case either him or Billy went left (most likely Billy ya know the established mentally ill person) so the universe would be balanced.

And that's just off the top of my head, if I can think of this surely other writers could think of such ideas. I hope if any of the YA pop up in Strikeforce it would be him, or that he's part of the rumored Champions/YA relaunch. Tommy has potential they just need to give him a chance. Making it into the MCU would be the first step #GiveTommyAChance

When I said important, I meant to the series itself, not in terms of fandom. Tommy shows up late in the game and is for all functional purposes narratively redundant.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I feel Tommy as a character has a lot more potential then Pietro ever could. If writers would just use him they could make something spectacular. Him and Billy's relationship could be explored, his backstory is obscure. He's a legit blank canvas waiting to be used.

Their's already little plot points they could use and build on from other runs to give him a little more credibility. For example when Billy mentioned Tommy would bend time and space to rip his enemies apart in milliseconds, someone could take that tiny little statement and upgrade his power set from just speedster. Billy's ridiculously OP it wouldn't be that unbelievable that Tommy has some underlying powers, giving him power over Time and Space, while Billy has reality could be fun!!

Number 2 remember when the homewrecker tried to upgrade his position from useTAmutant to fake Patriot despite any real evidence. Wouldn't it make more sense given the fact that fake patriot went after Tommy he would be the one tied to Billy's destiny as the demiurge. As twins he could be the perfect balance to him in case either him or Billy went left (most likely Billy ya know the established mentally ill person) so the universe would be balanced.

And that's just off the top of my head, if I can think of this surely other writers could think of such ideas. I hope if any of the YA pop up in Strikeforce it would be him, or that he's part of the rumored Champions/YA relaunch. Tommy has potential they just need to give him a chance. Making it into the MCU would be the first step #GiveTommyAChance
    You've got a pretty interesting point there about Tommy's powers and his role as Billy's counterpart. Did he just get the short end of the stick, or is there something more to him that we don't know yet? I would love an explanation for that, as he definitely seems massively underpowed in comparison to Billy, even though their power sources are essentially the same, as far as we know. I really like the idea of Tommy having a purpose just as important as Billy becoming the Demiurge, like being his ''Ultimate Nullifier'', AKA the one secret weapon that could stop him and/or put him under control in case things go bad with his powers.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I really like the idea of Tommy having a purpose just as important as Billy becoming the Demiurge, like being his ''Ultimate Nullifier'', AKA the one secret weapon that could stop him and/or put him under control in case things go bad with his powers.
    It would be intriguing to find out that he's totally immune to Billy's reality manipulation, and if Billy ever went off the rails and changed the world or something, Tommy would remember the change. (There's precedent for mutant siblings to have immunity to, or other funky interactions with, each others powers, such as with Cyclops and Havok, or Northstar and Aurora, or the Fenris twins, or the Frost sisters.)

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I'm not sure that Slott did recognize Jonas as a separate character, it's been a long time since I've reread Mighty Avengers but I distinctly recall a scene where Jonas was watching who he thought was Wanda and the narration box implied that the original Vision was screaming deep down inside him
    No, he was pretty clear they were different characters especially since he was split into the original Vision and Iron Lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    No, he was pretty clear they were different characters especially since he was split into the original Vision and Iron Lad.
    That just muddies the waters since it still implies he's at least half og Vision

I really hope they don't take out Tommy. He's one of my favorite characters, despite how little there is of him. I really wish authors would just expand on his implied history of abuse and his dubious sexuality that has been alluded to a bunch of times either from authors or alternate universes, but never in the main cannon. And yeah, the fact that in New Avengers Billy said Tommy warps space and time to move fast makes his powers kind of untapped potential. They could do a lot with the character, even imply a previous relationship with Noh-Var since apparently they went exploring space together for a while. It could be funny to have him meet Kate and Fuse and have him hit on Her, Fuse AND Noh, and Fuse asking her if she only dated bisexual boys or what, and the logistics of Kate, Noh, and Tommy all have dated each other. And that also makes me sad that the West Coast Avengers book is dead. It was fun Also, since having a human child and a sinthezoid child would just be strange, they might have to change Viv to a human to make her make more sense, and that would be detrimental to the character as well.

Yeah - I can see the comics synergising by giving her back her human form from the last arc of Waid's Champions.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

It would be intriguing to find out that he's totally immune to Billy's reality manipulation, and if Billy ever went off the rails and changed the world or something, Tommy would remember the change. (There's precedent for mutant siblings to have immunity to, or other funky interactions with, each others powers, such as with Cyclops and Havok, or Northstar and Aurora, or the Fenris twins, or the Frost sisters.)
    I thought about that too, but then I remembered that there have been instances where Tommy has been affected by Billy's powers (like when Billy would wish to teleport the entire team, including Tommy, away to somewhere), although I guess they could find a way around this, saying that Billy's powers only work on Tommy if he's willing to let himself be affected by it. So if Billy ever tried to warp reality directly against Tommy's will, he wouldn't be able to. That could be an interesting plot point.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-14-2019 at 08:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    You've got a pretty interesting point there about Tommy's powers and his role as Billy's counterpart. Did he just get the short end of the stick, or is there something more to him that we don't know yet? I would love an explanation for that, as he definitely seems massively underpowed in comparison to Billy, even though their power sources are essentially the same, as far as we know. I really like the idea of Tommy having a purpose just as important as Billy becoming the Demiurge, like being his ''Ultimate Nullifier'', AKA the one secret weapon that could stop him and/or put him under control in case things go bad with his powers.
    Yes yes yes.

I will never stop craving further exploration of these twins and the sources (and subsequent evolutions) of their powers.
    I will also never stop campaigning for them to be mutants.

The connective tissue between their respective power sets and what they're capable of was beautifully illustrated BY Billy, in Ewing's New Avengers.
    Billy states: "Now, my brother? He'd give you a physical fight. He'd warp time and space to punch you fifty times a second. But when I warp time and space, I use my words."

I love this implication that Tommy does manipulate time and space, but such a feat manifests itself in a narrow, more straightforward, even less imaginative(?) way.
    Perhaps the differences in their power applications speaks to their respective personalities as well. Billy's the dorky, imaginative day dreamer who longed for fantastic adventures with the Avengers doing heroic deeds. Tommy is the more pragmatic, in your face, "survivor" who endured a harsher upbringing and thereby resorts to blunt reactions -- be it running (away?) or lashing out or even causing explosions.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS! If Marvel won't give us any new teaser, at least Mr. Cheung will! I definitely think this is a part of the same art he shared last month, due to Billy's new haircut. So I still stand by my theory that this takes place around the same time as the events of Marvel Comics #1000, and we will likely see the follow-up to that on the Incoming! one-shot, since that's the only upcoming Marvel project that Jim has been attached to so far. I'm so curious to know what it's all about!

I don't like this hair...

Since this pretty much confirms that the Champions and Young Avengers have separate stories in Incoming, I think this means that Bleeding Cool got that wrong, and the teams won't be merging and will both get new books. It was just too soon to announce them at NYCC.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman