Page 86 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3676828384858687888990 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,290 of 1435

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's obvious that a new YA won't have Hulkling, there's clearly other plans for him. And Wiccan's already on the Strikeforce team.

Even if BC is right, you're going to be disappointed. I actually think they're wrong - YA might happen, but if so, I don't think it's replacing Champions. The Incoming teaser promises a "titanic divide" for the Champs. Could be they split in two, one team keeps the Champions name, but a few members go off, maybe team up with Kate, Cassie, and America, and form a new YA - in other words, they both relaunch. Incoming's meant to be a launchpad for 2020's storylines.

I've always believed there's room for both - DC had Titans and Teen Titans, and now Young Justice and Teen Titans, after all. If they can have two teen superhero teams, why can't Marvel?
    Yeah, sure. I bet it's also gonna have that Rashaun guy as the leader LOL. Sorry, but your takes are just so bad.

Being in another book has never stopped anyone at Marvel. Billy can be on Strikeforce and Young Avengers at the same time. And we don't even know what is gonna happen to Hulkling. I don't think Marvel would be dense enough to make Young Avengers without them.

Honestly, I don't even see Strikeforce lasting long. It never came across to me as a title with lasting appeal. Young Avengers has nostalgia on its side, and historically has sold well and has been widely acclaimed. They're not going to launch Champions under the Young Avengers name, at least, I hope they're not that dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Honestly, I don't even see Strikeforce lasting long. It never came across to me as a title with lasting appeal. Young Avengers has nostalgia on its side, and historically has sold well and has been widely acclaimed. They're not going to launch Champions under the Young Avengers name, at least, I hope they're not that dumb.
    Yeah, the inception is VERY purposeful and once that purpose has concluded, I dunno if the group would even WANT to continue working together. Talking about Strikeforce. Right out the gate it felt like "okay, this has a clear expiration date" you know?

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    It's actually a really good fucking read. Billly has never had as much personality as he does right now under Tini! Plus he's squishing people's heads like grapes in all his Demiurge might I have to Stan!

Look putting Kamala, Miles or Sam anywhere near YA book would turn me all the way off. If their going to merge the teams it would have to be with the lesser Champions. Viv can come, maybe Riri and maybe Dust for quirkiness. Even still I only say Viv because the Billy and Tommy connection. Truthfully a preferable relaunch would be Eli, and Kate as co leaders, Tommy, maybe America, Cassie, and Nate. With Billy and Teddy coming in at the halfway point.
    Last edited by Journey; 11-22-2019 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    It's actually a really good fucking read. Billly has never had as much personality as he does right now under Tini! Plus he's squishing people's heads like grapes in all his Demiurge might I have to Stan!

Look putting Kamala, Miles or Sam anywhere near YA book would turn me all the way off. Kf their going to merge the teams it would have to be with the lesser Champions. Viv can come, maybe Riri and maybe Dust for quirkiness. Even still I only say Viv because the Billy and Tommy connection. Truthfully a preferable relaunch would be Eli, and Kate as co leaders, Tommy, maybe America, Cassie, and Nate. With Billy and Teddy coming in at the halfway point.
    You're not wrong. Its a terrific story so far -- I'm loving it -- and Billy is very enjoyable with this cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    You're not wrong. Its a terrific story so far -- I'm loving it -- and Billy is very enjoyable with this cast.
    I agree this Cast is avery odd ass mix but it works and it's great that Billy is making connections outside of the YA because before IDK who the **** other then family would be coming to that wedding!

Ultimate Member

I did like the look Billy shot Blade after the comment about gagging Teddy. It had that 'measure your next words carefully...' thing going on.

OTOH, I am not loving that the writer has filled up his team with some serious powerhouses like Monica Rambeau and Billy, and then is trying to handicap them.

"I can't do the searing light explosion because I'm not in Vegas?" That's *never* how Monica's powers worked...

"I can't teleport because Doombot blah-blah?" Roight. I feel like Hellstrom was talking directly to the readers when he said that they had no idea how his and Billy's magic worked, only he was *actually* speaking for the writers, who had no idea how Hellstrom and Billy's magic worked...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 11-22-2019 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I did like the look Billy shot Blade after the comment about gagging Teddy. It had that 'measure your next words carefully...' thing going on.

OTOH, I am not loving that the writer has filled up his team with some serious powerhouses like Monica Rambeau and Billy, and then is trying to handicap them.

"I can't do the searing light explosion because I'm not in Vegas?" That's *never* how Monica's powers worked...

"I can't teleport because Doombot blah-blah?" Roight. I feel like Hellstrom was talking directly to the readers when he said that they had no idea how his and Billy's magic worked, only he was *actually* speaking for the writers, who had no idea how Hellstrom and Billy's magic worked...
    I agree and disagree, on one hand I get what you're saying. For example Billy is meant to be a god one day, he creates sentient universes with sentient life which at a time was something not even Franklin Richards was able to do. So when taking that information into consideration you could say his powers are on a universal/cosmic level and for all intensive purposes limitless. Which is great he's probably one of the most powerful people in the marvel universe on potential alone easily top 10. So for him to all of a sudden only be able to do a couple spells before gassing out is weird, especially when it's been shown on numerous times that teleportation is something he's always done without any problems. And controlling a doombot doesn't seem like a lot of work. So I agree that Tini needs to stop being so restrictive in that aspect.

However this team is full of powerhouses and to avoid instant stomps, and get an actual story you have to scale those characters down in someway. It was done with Franklin Ruchards in the current run of Fantastic Four, Storm and Iceman two omega level mutants took an ass whooping on Marauders just couple days ago, Jean Grey has practically regressed back to the time where the wind could blow the wrong way and she moans and faints! For team books I feel characters do need to have limits otherwise theirs no point in having a team. If Billy could just wish the Viridai dead what's the point of Strikeforce. So while I do think giving Daimon, Monica and Billy limts is a good thing I do feel Tini could make it more believable. It's okay right now because Billy is young his powers are still growing and clearly haven't reached their .maturity otherwise he'd be the Demiurge by now. Hellstorm just came back from the dead so he has an excuse for being a little off. Monica's excuse was semi believable so for now it all works at least IMO.
    Last edited by Journey; 11-22-2019 at 12:28 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    It's obvious that a new YA won't have Hulkling, there's clearly other plans for him. And Wiccan's already on the Strikeforce team.

Even if BC is right, you're going to be disappointed. I actually think they're wrong - YA might happen, but if so, I don't think it's replacing Champions. The Incoming teaser promises a "titanic divide" for the Champs. Could be they split in two, one team keeps the Champions name, but a few members go off, maybe team up with Kate, Cassie, and America, and form a new YA - in other words, they both relaunch. Incoming's meant to be a launchpad for 2020's storylines.
    Ms. Marvel at one point was a Champion, a Secret Warrior and a solo hero. If she can do all of that simultaneously, there's no reason why Billy and/or Teddy has to be limited to just being a part of one group or one story. I mean, they JUST announced a new Spider-Woman solo book for Jess, and she is also on the Strikeforce team. So it would be quite a double standard to act like Billy is not allowed to be in another book as well.

As for your second point, I agree that it's possible that this is something Marvel may wanna do. ''Titanic divide'' certainly hints at the Champions breaking up in some way, and the BC rumor itself said Marvel was considering bringing characters like Viv and Ironheart to the YA. I'm ok with this happening as long as it's really just very few members and it doesn't feel like they're taking over the YA title to just stealth relaunch the Champions. I'd vote for Viv and Power Man to move to the YA. I like Riri, but I still want Toni Ho to be the resident Iron Person/scientist of the group, something that I don't think would happen if Riri was a part of the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Ms. Marvel at one point was a Champion, a Secret Warrior and a solo hero. If she can do all of that simultaneously, there's no reason why Billy and/or Teddy has to be limited to just being a part of one group or one story. I mean, they JUST announced a new Spider-Woman solo book for Jess, and she is also on the Strikeforce team. So it would be quite a double standard to act like Billy is not allowed to be in another book as well.

As for your second point, I agree that it's possible that this is something Marvel may wanna do. ''Titanic divide'' certainly hints at the Champions breaking up in some way, and the BC rumor itself said Marvel was considering bringing characters like Viv and Ironheart to the YA. I'm ok with this happening as long as it's really just very few members and it doesn't feel like they're taking over the YA title to just stealth relaunch the Champions. I'd vote for Viv and Power Man to move to the YA. I like Riri, but I still want Toni Ho to be the resident Iron Person/scientist of the group, something that I don't think would happen if Riri was a part of the team.
    Out of all champions I'd like Viv and Nadia. I mean, Viv's connected to Billy and Tommy and Nadia to Viv and Cassie and even Billy and Tommy in a way... I know there's the whole ~redundant powers~ thing with Cassie/Nadia but I really don't think that's a big deal, use their shared powerset as a way to develop them together rather than the opposite.

Also, the second formation of the team only had Billy, Teddy and Kate in common with the first one... So if we had like, those 3 and then other teen heroes, it wouldn't really be any different from that? I prefer previous YA members, definetely, but I wouldn't be too mad about it.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Also, the second formation of the team only had Billy, Teddy and Kate in common with the first one... So if we had like, those 3 and then other teen heroes, it wouldn't really be any different from that? I prefer previous YA members, definetely, but I wouldn't be too mad about it.
    The thing about Gillen's run is that he didn't have much of a choice when it came to the line-up. Cassie and Jonas had been killed just one year before, so it was probably too soon to bring either of them back (plus, Billy recovering from his mental/emotional state after his friends' death was a plot point he had to explore). Eli was off limits, so Gillen went with America instead (his own words). Nate wouldn't be a member again for obvious reasons. So I understand why, at the time, he kept so few original members. Tommy was the only one he deliberately left out of the main team, but even then he acknowledged him and used his absence as an actual plot point for the story, so he wasn't forgotten. By the end of it, he was back on the team again anyway. Most importantly, Gillen's line-up felt natural and not something that was mandated by editorial. My fear with a YA/Champions merger is that it will solely exist because the Champions book got cancelled and Marvel wants to push them with another name.

I think today, specially after Marvel Comics #1000, there is NO reason for Marvel to not prioritize those 6 original characters. They're all back together. They've reunited already. It would be dumb to set that up and then give us a team that's mostly other people. Which is why I kind of don't want Jeremy Whitley to be the next YA writer after what he said on Twitter about what his pitch for a YA book would be...
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-22-2019 at 03:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Eli also made it into the video games before any of the other Young Avengers and before America and the new Patriot
    Truth, it's mostly trolls that try to play Eli down. The dude has crazy potential. The only thing holding him back is just lazy writing. First, new writer would actually have to like the team including Eli. Second, don't write him to be a simp! This guy is an heir to Captain America's legacy, he should be developing to that level.

Had Eli been created in this current generation of comics he probably would have got the Miles treatment and been the breakout star of the YA.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Out of all champions I'd like Viv and Nadia. I mean, Viv's connected to Billy and Tommy and Nadia to Viv and Cassie and even Billy and Tommy in a way... I know there's the whole ~redundant powers~ thing with Cassie/Nadia but I really don't think that's a big deal, use their shared powerset as a way to develop them together rather than the opposite.

If they just make Cassie Stature again there wouldn't be much overlap with Nadia (although I think Nadia's grown maybe once or twice, but hardly ever).

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If they just make Cassie Stature again there wouldn't be much overlap with Nadia (although I think Nadia's grown maybe once or twice, but hardly ever).
    Cassie has insect communication as Stinger. Not just ants like her father, but all insects iirc.
    And I don't think that's a power Nadia has built into her suit. At least I don't remember her ever using it.
    #EmmaWasRight