Page 96 of 96 FirstFirst ... 46869293949596
Results 1,426 to 1,435 of 1435

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I wanna sit on King Hulkling's lap OwO
    I wanna sit on King Hulkling's everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Brevoort mentioning the Young Avengers in the new Empyre trailer[/URL], I'm hoping the team will have some role to play in the event too. Billy showing up is pretty much a given, but I would really like to see how the other members react to Teddy's situation.
    Eli will be apprehensive, Kate and Cassie would mouth drop and call everyone who can be called to get the tea, America will just be like meh, David will be questioning, Noh Var will wanna get in on the action, and Tommy would probably be ride or die and say let's wreck some ****!! And Billy will be like "I'M ENGAGED"

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I wanna sit on King Hulkling's everything.
    I mean, ofc. But him on the throne with that kind of grumpy face is just the hottest.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Eli will be apprehensive, Kate and Cassie would mouth drop and call everyone who can be called to get the tea, America will just be like meh, David will be questioning, Noh Var will wanna get in on the action, and Tommy would probably be ride or die and say let's wreck some ****!! And Billy will be like "I'M ENGAGED"
    Interesting that you mention Noh-Varr’s reaction. The GotG annual established that the Kree are in a civil war, and we know the Imperium faction has thrown its support behind Teddy, while Ewing’s mentioned in interviews that Noh-Varr’s aligned with the Utopian faction.

So we’ve got Teddy and Noh-Varr on opposite sides of a Kree civil war, and—going by some art in that trailer—the 616 version of Noh-Varr’s dad, Captain Gla-Ree, is also on Teddy’s side. Things to think about for Ewing’s Guardians run...
    Last edited by Harpoon; 12-30-2019 at 05:12 PM.

Yeah that was an interesting development, for Teddy and Noh to accidentally wind up on opposite sides of the Kree civil war

You'd think Teddy would prefer the peaceful Utopian Kree. But it's the Imperials who are behind him, but I guess if he's uniting the two races against a common enemy then he'll need the war-driven group

I guess after he's done with the Earth the Utopians are next! Al Ewing co writing Empyre and Guardians wouldn't just casually drop that information about Teddy and Noh being on opposite sides without it having significance.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I mean, ofc. But him on the throne with that kind of grumpy face is just the hottest.
    Untitled.jpg

He does look good
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I guess after he's done with the Earth the Utopians are next! Al Ewing co writing Empyre and Guardians wouldn't just casually drop that information about Teddy and Noh being on opposite sides without it having significance.
    I'm pretty sure the Inhumans have a bone to pick with the Kree Imperials as well. I think they're the ones who created Vox and caused the whole Death of the Inhumans thing

Ewing has so many toys to play with now that he's writing GOTG, I hope he has a long run and can just go nuts with Marvel Cosmic

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    spoilers:
    So after re-reading I'm pretty sure that Bel-Dann and Raksor's shared mission on Earth was to unite the Kree and the Skrull under Teddy's rule.
    Raksor left two messages to Bel-Dann before knowing he was dead.
    One voicemail: "Go home General. And if we've done our job right... it will be our home."
    And the other was written in that code: "ALL HAIL THE KING"

Bel-Dann and Raksor were both killed by plants (Bel-Dann in a locked room with a potted plant and Raksor when the apple he'd been eating suddenly sprouted into a full tree while inside of him), so the general assumption around the internet is that the message Bel-Dann left to Raksor: "Beware the trees" is in reference to the Cotati race.

The Cotati are originally from Hala, same as the Kree, but they evolved from plants.
    They were the first victims of the Kree-Skrull War, the Kree nearly wiped out the entire race as a show of superiority. But their offspring survived as seedlings and pretended to be regular plants for millenia, developing telepathic abilities.
    With the help of the Kree pacifists (the Priest of Pama) the Cotati left Hala and started planting themselves on planets across the galaxy, including Earth.

Interestingly enough there's a Cotati prophecy similar to Teddy's. From the Marvel wikia:
    "A prophecy read that one day the perfect human female, who would be the Celestial Madonna, would have a union with the perfect male plant of the Cotati race, and from their union would spring the perfect child, who would be the Celestial Messiah; a being that destined to change the universe."
    The Celestial Madonna and Messiah being Mantis (from the Guardians of the Galaxy) and her son Quoi (short of Sequoia)

I'm pretty sure all of this is going to be relevant because the March solicits show that they are reprinting issues about Mantis, her wedding to the Cotati, and Quoi under the True Believers line to give background for the Empyre event.

My guess is Ewing is using the existence of these two prophecies, for two different galactic saviours, to create a new conflict between the Kree-Skrull Alliance and the Cotati.
    end of spoilers
    Is Groot a cotati? I would love it if Groot and Mantis married.

He isn't. He's a flora colossi.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman