Page 78 of 96 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,156 to 1,170 of 1435

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    She should just be both. Stature when she's big, Stinger when she's small.
    With an altered costume that incorporates elements of both identities and changes colors when she switches.

In the Champions team up she was a purple Stature, and in the Giant-Man mini she was a giant Stinger without the helmet.

She should keep the helmet when she's Stinger though
    It reminds me of how Earth's Mightiest Heroes had entirely different designs for Hank when he was Ant-Man and for when he was Giant-Man.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Having Cassie use a different codename depending on if she's growing or shrinking sounds like a serious overcomplication of the matter to me.
    I mean, Ant-Man being both Ant-Man and Giant-Man is now pretty much expected by this point, so I don't think it's that far-fetched.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, Ant-Man being both Ant-Man and Giant-Man is now pretty much expected by this point, so I don't think it's that far-fetched.
    I feel like he just tends to stick to one codename. Like, in the MCU, "Giant-Man" is more of a maneuver than a codename.

I feel like he just tends to stick to one codename. Like, in the MCU, "Giant-Man" is more of a maneuver than a codename.
    I think Giant-Man is more of a form change. I mean, merchandise labels it separately as something distinct from Ant-Man if I remember correctly.

I think Giant-Man is more of a form change. I mean, merchandise labels it separately as something distinct from Ant-Man if I remember correctly.
    I'm just saying, I wouldn't say that Scott Lang goes by two codenames in the MCU. He's just Ant-Man. He's still Ant-Man when he's giant.

Not according to the merchandise. Frontier's right, he's promoted as Giant-Man. Scott doesn't use both names in the comics, as he very rarely grows giant. But in the MCU, he is both, just like 1964 era Hank in the comics.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Not according to the merchandise. Frontier's right, he's promoted as Giant-Man. Scott doesn't use both names in the comics, as he very rarely grows giant. But in the MCU, he is both, just like 1964 era Hank in the comics.
    I'm not talking about merchandise, I'm talking about the content of the films.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Do we know who the MCU Young Avengers team will consist of? I'm assuming Spider-man and Cassie. Anyone else? Maybe a new Vision?
    Kate is a safe bet, since we know for sure she's coming. A lot of people are guessing Kamala, since she is being introduced around the same time. My personal hope is that they stick to the original 6 from the comics (Nate, Eli, Billy, Teddy, Cassie and Kate). I think it's easier to stay comics accurate with the YA since they don't have a publishing history as long as the Avengers, so there's a lot less options to choose from, and I really think that OG Heinberg team works perfectly as a starting point. After the first movie (or season if it's a show) they could start thinking about changes and new characters, but still prioritizing characters who were members in the comics (Speed, MAC, etc). I realize this is the MCU we're talking about and it's possible they will change a lot, but I can still hope.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-23-2019 at 02:08 AM.

BANNED

Supposedly MAC has her own Disney+ Show “in development”, which has a rather encompassing meaning. They could still be shopping for ideas on basic premise for all we know.

I'm not talking about merchandise, I'm talking about the content of the films.
    In the actual content of the films I think they treat it as a form-change with it's own name. Like in interviews they call it "Giant-Man," unless I'm missing something.

In the actual content of the films I think they treat it as a form-change with it's own name. Like in interviews they call it "Giant-Man," unless I'm missing something.
    I just don't think "a form-change with its own name" is the same thing as him changing codenames back and forth in the middle of a fight. The Hulkbuster armor is a form-change with its own name, but you wouldn't say that for that scene in Age of Ultron, Tony Stark was no long Iron Man, but instead was Hulkbuster.

And, well, even if that is the case... I don't think it should be. It's unnecessarily complicated.

Stature and Stinger aren't the greatest codenames to begin with, but they work.

And at the end of the day we're pretty much just going to call her Cassie anyways

I just don't think "a form-change with its own name" is the same thing as him changing codenames back and forth in the middle of a fight. The Hulkbuster armor is a form-change with its own name, but you wouldn't say that for that scene in Age of Ultron, Tony Stark was no long Iron Man, but instead was Hulkbuster.

And, well, even if that is the case... I don't think it should be. It's unnecessarily complicated.
    I think it's a different distinction. Hulkbuster is an extension of Iron Man but Giant-Man is somewhat separate from Ant-Man.

I don't think most people have problem differentiating Ant-Man from Giant-Man in that situation. I know personally whenever I see him go giant I go "Giant-Man!"

To me it's just like if you tried to tell me that Logan was only Wolverine when he had his claws popped, or that Peter Parker is only Spider-Man when he's using the webshooters, or something like that.

Not that this is a very important point, in fact it's really just a pedantic one, I just don't get the need to preserve two codenames at the same time when one works just as well. It's clunky.

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

Cassie could always adopt the Night Monkey moniker.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

To me it's just like if you tried to tell me that Logan was only Wolverine when he had his claws popped, or that Peter Parker is only Spider-Man when he's using the webshooters, or something like that.

Not that this is a very important point, in fact it's really just a pedantic one, I just don't get the need to preserve two codenames at the same time when one works just as well. It's clunky.
    Again, I think it's different just because in practice it's trying to incorporate two identities into one character. That's why there's a distinction rather then it just being one over the other.