Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
These are the characters I haven't read but want to because I'm immediately drawn to this guy.

Wiccan-Asgardian-Marvel-Comics-Young-Avengers-Billy-Kaplan.jpg

I know nothing about him except his relation to Wanda, his love for Teddy and The Sound of Music. I saw him dressed Magneto's family as Von Trapp and I know he's the one.
OMG, yas. Read the Young Avengers and come to the gay, jewish, magical side of the force.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
There's a reason I introduced this thread the way I did. We do have cause to believe a new book is coming...

Exhibit A: Bleeding Cool reported a couple of months ago that it was talked about at New York Comic Con 2018.
Exhibit B: Jim Zub has been asked about Young Avengers members a few times, and the reply is always "no plans". The only exception, it seems, is Prodigy.
No shade, but Zub can have Prodigy. As long as Billy, Teddy, Cassie and Tommy (I'd say Eli too, but that's a little more complicated) are secured for a YA relaunch, I'm fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
is there even room for the original characters in the current marvel universe? Cassie kind of pales in comparison to Nadia. Eli and Speed might as well not exist. Kate has moved on.
There is room for anything Marvel wants to make room for. They relaunched the Great Lakes Avengers not too long ago, for god's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
So I've only ever read Gillen's YA series and this year I think I'm going to check out Heinberg's run. I know I want to get Heinberg's complete collection (1-12 and the special) and the Children's Crusade collection. Looking at reading lists, it also mentions Young Avengers Presents and about fifteen issues of Mighty Avengers and I was just wondering what y'all think of those series, are they any good? or necessary?
Heinberg's run is essential, so I'm glad you're checking it out. Young Avengers Presents was a mini-series of one-shots focused on each member that was published while Heinberg was on a break from comics. It's not absolutely needed for you to understand his run, but I would recommend because there are some special developments for the characters in those issues. I didn't read Mighty Avengers so I can't speak on quality/necessity, but I think the only real connection they had to the YA was that Cassie and Jonas were a part of the roster.

And there are also other YA books, in case you're interested. We've had Young Avengers/Runaways: Civil War, Young Avengers/Runaways: Secret Invasion, Young Avengers: Dark Reign and Young Avengers: Siege (that was a one-shot, I believe). As you can tell, all of those were tie-ins for events and I don't know how familiar you are with those, but I read all of them before reading the actual events and, honestly, it wasn't hard for me at all to keep up. If you're just interested in reading more about the characters, I'd say go for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
Kate's going on a Journey into Mystery!
https://www.themcelroy.family/2019/1...y-into-mystery
I'm happy for Kate, but I wish the other members would get to appear in books as much as she does. Anyway, I'm looking forward to this. Sounds cool.