Page 25 of 96 FirstFirst ... 152122232425262728293575 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I think she was disembodied by the mutant-haters who used her as a mutant-detection system, and found her easier to control if she couldn't run away (and easier to dehumanize her as a 'thing' if she was just a brain in a jar, completely dependent on her captors for life support).
    Not entirely. While what you said is true, the group (the U-Men) also would attempt to graft parts of Mutants into themselves in an attempt to gain their powers. Martha is a victim of them who left her a disembodied brain in a jar.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/U-Men_(comics)

TIL. Thanks guys.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

So, it went unnoticed, but an AU Billy and Tommy have appeared on issue #3 of Marvel Knights some months ago! lol.

It's co-written by Tini Howard, who's writing the new Death Hand's series. I think Wanda is a cult leader or maybe just a weirdo witch or something...

spoilers:
    Billy, Teddy and America all had cameos in the finale of No Road Home
    end of spoilers

^spoilers:
    Billy was just a construct of the Vision, appearing alongside similar versions of Ms Marvel, Ironheart, and Winter Soldier. Hulkling and America were the real characters, with Blue Marvel's Avengers World team.
    end of spoilers
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Incredible Member

Well, at least they're showing up in the background again that hasn't happened since Dennis Hopless' Spider-Woman ended.
    Last edited by Magmaster12; 04-17-2019 at 08:22 PM.

Were the boys in their MOST CURRENT attire?

I noticed a preview image of Billy/Teddy on the twitterz for that weird book they're appearing in eventually and they're in their 2nd iteration costumes from the Heinberg era.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I'm not sure if this was mentioned upthread, but apparently there will be a Billy and Teddy story in War of the Realms: War Scrolls #2, written by Anthony Oliveira.

https://twitter.com/meakoopa/status/1118950748270878720

Good to see you can harass one of a publisher's top talents and they will later reward you with work.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

That is news to me... the solicit didn't mention the Wiccan and Hulkling story at all, we thought they were only due to appear in Unstoppable Wasp and Death's Head.

Nice! Funny how the boys have gotten a bunch of random appearances suddenly. YA relaunched to end this saga, pls lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Good to see you can harass one of a publisher's top talents and they will later reward you with work.
    Hm what's the t on that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    So, it went unnoticed, but an AU Billy and Tommy have appeared on issue #3 of Marvel Knights some months ago! lol.

It's co-written by Tini Howard, who's writing the new Death Hand's series. I think Wanda is a cult leader or maybe just a weirdo witch or something...
    When was the last time Tommy was in anything? Feels like forever.

spoilers:
    Oliveira was one of the most egregious of the social media buffoons over Hydra Cap, because he wasn't one of the acceptable "OMG what is marble dooiiiin types" who don't follow comics, or the intermediate and disrespectful hypocrite type who brought up Simon and Kirby because they had no argument, but the one who went as far as to accuse Spencer of promoting white supremacy because Hydra Cap lifted Mjolnir (completely ignoring the story being Marvel's most anti-facist ever because suddenly you can't do things that can be twisted out of context, which is not only moronic outside of a vaccuum, but two years later hasn't happened with that imagery), but he even associated Spencer with Charlottesville because a guy wore a generic Hydra t-shirt (as if he was inspired by a comic book and not Hydra's prominence in acclaimed blockbuster Winter Soldier, but of course Anthony didn't throw any shade at Marvel Studios), he also would tag Spencer so his followers could dogpile his Twitter with ease, and even took Nick's notes that resisting white supremacist public figures through violence isn't going to effectively stop them or help us (which was true but being anti-violence conflicted with the current Twitter meme) to spin into character assassination and how he shouldn't be writing Captain America, of course through screencaps to all his followers for thousands upon thousands to see. And all of this was directed towards the writer, not the company.

Now there seems to be some kind of collective amnesia surrounding the lengths certain people went to during that time, so he can not only be a consultant on flagship Marvel books (he got a credit on the new Daredevil, so add that to the list of random things otherwise very solid talent Zdarsky does to bother me), but he can also now get actual work from the company because Wil Moss and some other Marvel creators follow him on Twitter for some reason. I mean, it's just an anthology story while Spencer's on the most popular character in comics, but it's the principal of the thing. There's definitely a typo somewhere in here.
    end of spoilers

So, uh, Kate got a Marvel 101 vid! Very cool, huh?!

Incredible Member

So Secret Empire now sticks out the only event without an explanation for the absence of Billy Teddy. Which is ridiculous since it had Cassie kidnapped off screen and none of them did anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    So Secret Empire now sticks out the only event without an explanation for the absence of Billy Teddy. Which is ridiculous since it had Cassie kidnapped off screen and none of them did anything.
    They were trapped in their nice apartment by the Darkforce! The horror!