Page 77 of 96 FirstFirst ... 276773747576777879808187 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,155 of 1435

Yeah, the members will be introduced in shows, but the team itself has to be a movie property. The CG Cassie and Hulkling would need could be beyond a TV budget.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Another thing that I noticed with this picture, Cassie is in her Stature identity rather than her Stinger one. If Young Avengers returned, would she also resume that one or would she switch between the 2?
    I assume she'll probably be Stature. Although maybe they'll go with Stinger since that has the helmet that better fits the MCU aesthetic, but it would feel redundant with Wasp.

But it feels like the comics have been migrating her back into Stature over time.

As I said on reddit:

...I don't see why they would debut Young Avengers on an Ant-Man movie? Yeah, they could set it up(like other shows/movies will), have Cassie already be a superhero, etc. But actually show the team? Doubt it. That's like "Captain Marvel at the end of AOU" ****.

I can totally see the Young Avengers showing up in the movie. Picture this:

Scott is the focus for most of the movie, then when he's pinned down fighting AIM or whoever, and it seems all hope is lost, Cassie swoops in costumed with her newfound powers, and saves Scott. You could have someone like M.O.D.O.K. yell "Foolish girl! You cannot win alone!"

"That's why I brought friends."

and BAM! The Young Avengers come in.

THAT is how you can debut the team. This would help set them up for their franchise by making a good first impression.

Mighty Member

Nah, that's worthless for a movie.

You don't introduce a group for the climax of a movie.

You stinger them.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    As I said on reddit:

...I don't see why they would debut Young Avengers on an Ant-Man movie? Yeah, they could set it up(like other shows/movies will), have Cassie already be a superhero, etc. But actually show the team? Doubt it. That's like "Captain Marvel at the end of AOU" ****.
    Even assuming the report is true, "the film may be a vehicle to introduce the next generation of Avengers aka the Young Avengers" has enough ambiguity to it that I wouldn't necessarily assume that it means the team actually shows up, but that it sets up whatever adventure leads to them being the Young Avengers. Perhaps Cassie meets a future Young Avenger or two in the movie, and/or the post-credits scene sets up whatever the YA project is. Like, she bumps into Eli or Kate or something before they're heroes, and the post-credits scene has Iron Lad showing up with a cryptic message. Something like that

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    Out of curiosity, think the rumored Young Avengers relaunch will be the classic team based off of this?
    If by this you mean the MC #1000 page, yes, right now my belief is that that page might be the core of the rumored YA relaunch for next year. For one, the book itself teased a reunion for the team in a near future, so that's already set up. And then we have Jim Cheung drawing Billy with the same haircut he had on MC #1000 for what I'm assuming is the Incoming! one-shot, and Cheung never drew Billy looking like that before, so that's another clue they are continuing that story in some way. So right now I'd say it's a safe bet they are keeping those 6 characters, and maybe bringing in some other characters for a new team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Another thing that I noticed with this picture, Cassie is in her Stature identity rather than her Stinger one. If Young Avengers returned, would she also resume that one or would she switch between the 2?
    Marvel doesn't seem to have made up their minds on what exactly they want Cassie to be these days. Ever since she came back from the dead she's been Stinger, Stature or a mix of both in her appearences. So who knows? But I don't think Cheung got her costume wrong out of ignorance, considering he drew Kate, Billy and Teddy with their updated costumes. It might've been purely an artistic choice, or editorial told him to go with Stature because they have plans for that. We'll see, but I wish we got to see her as Stinger a little bit more. They barely explored this new identity for her.

Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid View Post
    https://mcuexchange.com/rumor-antman-3-young-avengers/

Relevant here too. It's rumored that Ant-Man 3 will introduce the MCU Young Avengers.
    I mean, people have been linking the YA to Ant-Man for quite some time now since it was the first Marvel Studios property that introduced us to an actual Young Avenger from the comics in the MCU, so this rumor doesn't surprise me. I do trust this source (Charles Murphy) more than the usual random whispers we have online, though, and I listened to the podcast where they discuss this. He makes it pretty clear that it's a rumor he's heard and that he wasn't able to verify its legitimacy yet, so he wasn't going to report it as fact. Either way, it's nice knowing this is something that insiders are hearing about. It gives me hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    As I said on reddit:

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Even assuming the report is true, "the film may be a vehicle to introduce the next generation of Avengers aka the Young Avengers" has enough ambiguity to it that I wouldn't necessarily assume that it means the team actually shows up, but that it sets up whatever adventure leads to them being the Young Avengers. Perhaps Cassie meets a future Young Avenger or two in the movie, and/or the post-credits scene sets up whatever the YA project is. Like, she bumps into Eli or Kate or something before they're heroes, and the post-credits scene has Iron Lad showing up with a cryptic message. Something like that
    The exact words that he used to report the rumor on the podcast is that they are thinking of using Ant-Man 3 as the big screen debut for the Young Avengers. It definitely sounded like he was talking about the team, but I agree that it would make much more sense to use the film as a set up for them instead of their actual debut. We'll see how things go. There's still plenty of time for the movie to happen, and since this is just a rumor right now without much substance, it's unclear how much of that might come true down the line.

EDIT: I just went to his Twitter and noticed that he tweeted a picture of Wiccan, asking people who they would cast as him. I'm mentioning this because he also talked about WandaVision on his podcast and said he heard a lot of new things about the show, that it was crazy but he wasn't going to share everything because it was too much. Maybe he heard something about Billy too...
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-22-2019 at 02:04 AM.

It would be pretty easy to explain Cassie going back to being Stature. Having recently befriended Nadia, perhaps she thinks that Stinger is too similar to the Unstoppable Wasp (she became Stinger around the same time Nadia debuted)? Their powers are the exact same, after all (that was basically confirmed when Nadia finally went giant in her last issue). So Cassie would use her giant form most of the time, in contrast to both Nadia and Janet using the shrunken form more often than not. The Stinger and Stature names could be treated the same as Hank's initial usage of Giant-Man - he was still Ant-Man when he shrunk.

Long term, they'll go with what the movies do, but for now they probably don't know what's planned.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 10-22-2019 at 03:27 AM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ultimate Member

It would be easy enough to state that the 'Stinger' powers she got from the Power Broker were temporary, or that he 'took them back' because he's a big jerk or whatever, and she's back to using her dad's Pym particles to just be Stature again.

Or go completely mental and 'discover' that she got resurrected *twice,* once by Doom, with the Life Force, and another time that we didn't know about, and that, this whole time, there've been *two* Cassies, somehow through incredibly contrived coincidences, never bumping into each other (one living with her mom, and going to college and still being Stature, one hanging out with her dad and being Power Brokered into Stinger).

Shades of Avengers Forever, with two Hank Pyms on the team!

I could see if we get a YA relaunch and a Champions relaunch, they'll differ Nadia-Cassie to the point Cass just drops the Stinger identity or have a storyline on why she becomes Stature again.

She should just be both. Stature when she's big, Stinger when she's small.
    With an altered costume that incorporates elements of both identities and changes colors when she switches.

In the Champions team up she was a purple Stature, and in the Giant-Man mini she was a giant Stinger without the helmet.

She should keep the helmet when she's Stinger though

Yeah - just have the helmet retract into her domino mask.

Do we know who the MCU Young Avengers team will consist of? I'm assuming Spider-man and Cassie. Anyone else? Maybe a new Vision?
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Do we know who the MCU Young Avengers team will consist of? I'm assuming Spider-man and Cassie. Anyone else? Maybe a new Vision?
    We don't even know if they're actually making Young Avengers.

Having Cassie use a different codename depending on if she's growing or shrinking sounds like a serious overcomplication of the matter to me.