Page 83 of 96 FirstFirst ... 337379808182838485868793 ... LastLast
Results 1,231 to 1,245 of 1435

I like Cheung's take on McKelvie's Wiccan costume

A blue starfield against solid black instead of grey really makes it pop.
    The cape looks a little torn up too which I always loved

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://twitter.com/marcusto/status/1194759788103716872

YOU HEARD THE MAN, MARVEL!

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I always thought... If Billy and Tommy look the same, even though they were born in different families, does that mean they take after Wanda rather than their biological parents?...
    No clue. I don't recall any mention about Billy and Tommy physically looking like Wanda, even though there were plenty of mentions about how much they look like each other. I also wonder how Wanda so instinctively came to the conclusion they were her kids back in Children's Crusade. It's probably assumed that it was just a matter of her memories coming back to her coupled with a sort of magic sense, but we know for a fact she had met Billy once before the whole AD/HOM mess (as seen on the pages of Young Avengers Special), so how didn't she recognize him ''spiritually'' or whatever back then? More questions that we may never get the answer to.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Nothing but respect for Earth's Mightiest Couple! I love the transition between the panels; you can clearly tell something brings the mood down. I knew I wasn't crazy when I said those sneak peeks Cheung was sharing on his IG made Billy and Teddy look sad/worried. I'm so curious to know what's going with these two, and who is writing this (hopefully it's Al Ewing)!
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-14-2019 at 02:24 AM.

I always thought... If Billy and Tommy look the same, even though they were born in different families, does that mean they take after Wanda rather than their biological parents?...
    My headcannon is that either the souls of Billy and Tommy magically rewrote the DNA of the fetusses they came to inhabit or they fully came into being inside their new mothers' wombs in their original form and the Kaplan and Shepard mothers wouldn't have gotten pregnant if not for the child transfer.
    #EmmaWasRight

Some Hulkling screenshots from the Incoming! trailer:

And here's another variant cover with Teddy:

So Teddy has appeared in 3 covers so far (4 if that silhouette from the ''One Will Unite Them'' cover is his), and 2 (or 3) of them without Billy. Definitely looks like this is more of a Teddy story, and I'm fine with that. Looking forward to whatever book this will lead to.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-14-2019 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    SOOOO GORGEOUS.
    Rapid fire take aways include: I love seeing the boys closer in height again. Yes, Teddy looks a skoach taller, but he's also not TOWERING over him, which is something I appreciate, but that's just me. I've seen MULTIPLE tweets of folks complaining that Billy's got a receding hairline(???) but I just don't see it. Its just a new haircut that sweeps up and over to one side and they (you?) are nonsense. The emotion Cheung conveys is PHENOMENAL. The colors are incredible. The blending of the OG Cheung design with Mckelvie's aesthetic is fantastic! I always loved how Cheung incorporated an implied belt with those buckles(?) without an actual waistband and I really love that tattering of the cloak. Its not a total mess, but its definitely WORN, which gives it a ton of character. That space sparkle and red piping is divine. I also appreciate the little adjustments to Teddy and I very much enjoy seeing Cheung's line work on Teddy's more obvious extraterrestrial limbs.
    I'm SO excited and SO nervous for this event. Billy's absence from so much of the promo stuff has me anxious (hopeful he's just preoccupied with Strikeforce happenings etc, rather than "chilling" with the milk and eggs)

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Rapid fire take aways include: I love seeing the boys closer in height again. Yes, Teddy looks a skoach taller, but he's also not TOWERING over him)
    Idk, I see why Teddy should be about the same heigth as Billy, but HULKLING should definetely be bigger. He's probably drawn like that here so they can be face to face naturally.

Idk, I see why Teddy should be about the same heigth as Billy, but HULKLING should definetely be bigger. He's probably drawn like that here so they can be face to face naturally.
    I agree 100%.
    In this instance, for the narrative, I imagine he has reconstituted his mass in order to have this tender face to face moment rather than remain in battle mode/imposing stature. :-)

I've seen MULTIPLE tweets of folks complaining that Billy's got a receding hairline(???) but I just don't see it. Its just a new haircut that sweeps up and over to one side and they (you?) are nonsense.
    I suspect people are only talking about his hairline because they're not used to seeing him with a haircut that shows so much of his forehead like that. Jim probably just drew him with a big forehead, that's tall.

I agree 100%.
    In this instance, for the narrative, I imagine he has reconstituted his mass in order to have this tender face to face moment rather than remain in battle mode/imposing stature. :-)
    That's one thing I love about Teddy. You can draw him with any height and it doesn't ever really feel inconsistent; you can just imagine he's changing to whatever height it seems fit at the time.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-15-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Happy to see Teddy getting some focus next year. Hopefully they use this as an opportunity to give him a new codename and maybe a new costume - the cover with Teddy + Hulk, She-Hulk, and Brawn just felt off, I want them to lean more into his Mar-vell legacy.

I've become keen of something like Antares or Altair for Teddy and having Wiccan become this generations "Merlin."

Guess who's still a gay icon in Brazil? This was seen at a brazilian music festival this past weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    the cover with Teddy + Hulk, She-Hulk, and Brawn just felt off
    Yeah. That cover just reinforces how excluded he feels from the ''Hulk family''; you have all the Hulks close together, and then there's Teddy on the other side.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Guess who's still a gay icon in Brazil? This was seen at a brazilian music festival this past weekend.

omg you just made me talk to my brazilian friend and she told me YA was actually a big deal because the government tried to censor it but the comics were all sold before they could do anything about it? I had no idea.

Where in the heck is Eli????!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hopefully coming back with Incoming next month or a Young Avengers relaunch next year. Things are looking up for him at least now that those legal troubles seem sorted out with him.

If the alleged YA relaunch indeed happens, then I'm like 90% sure Eli will be there. If not, I have no idea what Marvel plans on doing with him.

Anyway, Tom Brevoort did this interview about Incoming! and this part caught my attention:

Which character is affected the most by this crime, and what does it mean for their future?

I can’t tell you that without giving the whole game away. But they wind up dead before the end as well. And there’s a big status quo shift for a beloved character who hasn’t been much in the spotlight recently. They’re going to be very important in the coming months.
    Anyone else getting the feeling this beloved character may be Teddy?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ibara View Post
    Happy to see Teddy getting some focus next year. Hopefully they use this as an opportunity to give him a new codename and maybe a new costume - the cover with Teddy + Hulk, She-Hulk, and Brawn just felt off, I want them to lean more into his Mar-vell legacy.

I've become keen of something like Antares or Altair for Teddy and having Wiccan become this generations "Merlin."
    Legacy, his brother's original name, would be the best name for him.

Quote Originally Posted by dkrook View Post
    Hopefully not coming back outside of the off guest appearance. There are now other characters that can do the same job without the problematic stereotyping and drugs message.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God