Page 36 of 96 FirstFirst ... 263233343536373839404686 ... LastLast

*whispers sweetly in Marvel's collective ear*

Nick Robles for a Young Avengers ongoing....

Hold your machete tight! Personamanx's Avatar

I certainly wouldn't mind a mini-series or something. As fun as they are, I don't think launching a new series as an ongoing would go well. At it's most successful, the YA have never broken 20 issues. But a mini-series, that if it does well becomes an annual thing? I could dig that.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Immortal X-Men - Once & Future- X-Cellent - X-Men: Red

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Shatter me, Anduinel. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Shatter me, Anduinel. lol
    Just making as strong a case as I can manage, hon.

Quote Originally Posted by Personamanx View Post
    I certainly wouldn't mind a mini-series or something. As fun as they are, I don't think launching a new series as an ongoing would go well. At it's most successful, the YA have never broken 20 issues. But a mini-series, that if it does well becomes an annual thing? I could dig that.
    For a moment this comment made me wish Runaways got cancelled just to see you suffer. Rainbow, Deanoru, Chase, Gert, Molly, sweeties I'm so sorry...

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    For a moment this comment made me wish Runaways got cancelled just to see you suffer. Rainbow, Deanoru, Chase, Gert, Molly, sweeties I'm so sorry...
    Eh, if it ends it ends. Every issue's a blessing, and all that. I do think annual mini-series could be more promising for lower selling titles in general, ones that typically would do better in trade anyway. At the very least you don't have to worry about issue one pre-orders dictating their future. Very rarely does a mini-series not release all of its issues, and then it's up to the trade to determine if it gets a continuation.
    Continuity, even in a "shared" comics universe is often insignificant if not largely detrimental to the quality of a comic.

Nobody cares about what you don't like, they barely care about what you do like.

Eh, if it ends it ends. Every issue's a blessing, and all that. I do think annual mini-series could be more promising for lower selling titles in general, ones that typically would do better in trade anyway. At the very least you don't have to worry about issue one pre-orders dictating their future. Very rarely does a mini-series not release all of its issues, and then it's up to the trade to determine if it gets a continuation.
    Minis usually sell less than ongoings/maxiseries. And if it doesn't sell well enough, Marvel isn't gonna bring it back every year. I don't think what you're proposing is a real possibility in Marvel right now.

Extraordinary Member

This would be more interesting to me for a lot of characters than multiple ongoings with the same character/s.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Minis usually sell less than ongoings/maxiseries. And if it doesn't sell well enough, Marvel isn't gonna bring it back every year. I don't think what you're proposing is a real possibility in Marvel right now.
    Yes, individual issues of mini-series don't generally do as well as ongoings unless they're a part of an event. But strong trade sales can go a long way, enough to make single issue sales almost irrelevant in some cases. Very little is guaranteed, but I'd wager a YA mini-series would move a healthy number of trades. Maybe not enough to become a regular thing, but it'd be some more YA comics without having to worry about the sting of cancellation.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Oh lord did Billy pull a Wanda tryna make a child and ended up with a robot!! Lol
    Billy ending up with a robot child would be the mother of all ironies.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Hey fam.
    Me again.
    Obsessed.

So its wicked slow at work and I'm just daydreaming, musing, ho-humming to myself about what could be for our gang -- and Billy & Teddy more specifically, natch.
    Really hoping that Marvel eventually gives us that epic space opera event focusing on Teddy and his Knights of the Infinite.

I'd really love to see them get a top notch artist like Jorge Molina or Pepe Larraz or Russell Dauterman.
    I'd love to see them all reunite too, and get to meet and greet all of Kate's new crew. GAWD I miss them.
    I'm actually feeling a lot more optimistic than usual about the team's return. The Heinberg/Cheung team-up for Marvel Comics #1000 has got me really hyped. I feel like this is finally their chance for a relaunch. If we don't get it now, then I will truly believe Marvel just doesn't care about them anymore. Unless that movie rumor turns out to be true, of course. Then Marvel will be all over them and they are finally gonna get everything they deserve. Ugh, I really want that goddamn rumor to be true.

Also, co-sign for Russel Dauterman working on a YA title.

YA's short runs were never about sales, though. Allan Heinberg only did 12 issues because he had to take a long break from comics. Kieron Gillen only did 15 issues because he said it was always supposed to be a maxi-series. We literally never had a single writer who actually intended to write a long ongoing for the team, so we can't really say for how long they can sustain a book. And no, their sales on the direct market were definitely not bad. The first volume's sales were crazy good, actually. They were outselling the Captain America, Black Panther and X-23 books that were being published at that time, and all those 3 characters are pretty solid sellers for Marvel today. Gillen's run sold less in comparison, but by the time it finished, I think it wasn't even below the 20k mark yet. And that's just orders from the direct market. We don't really know how the book did anywhere else, but judging by these DM sales, I'd say it's unlikely they were a flop on other markets. My point is: I absolutely don't believe sales is the reason why the team has been shelved. Marvel's just lazy and hasn't given them a chance to grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-28-2019 at 07:57 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So, I just mentioned the movie rumors and went to check on the website that originally reported them, and now they are saying the alleged movie might be a TV show on Disney+:

https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/youn...coming-disney/

I'm actually fine with this, as it seems Disney and Marvel Studios are actually putting an effort into those productions and want them to matter in the MCU. Plus, they are much more likely to explore LGBTQ aspects of the story in a TV show than in a movie, as we all know, so this could be the better platform for a queer-inclusive franchise like YA.

Incredible Member

I think the Hawkeye series hasn't been announced yet because Jeremy Renner is probably unsure if he wants to reprise the role again. At least for tv probably.

I'm curious how the heck they can tie in Cassie to all of this if all the other Disney+ shows set up other members.

surprised people haven't brought up the War Scrolls issue... I htought it was cute and a bit sad, but that's not why i'm here... I'm here to post this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByEVnJtn...d=rpk1czpwo7bl

Seems to be the first glimpse of the #1000 issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I'd never heard of Robles before he did this story, but it seems like he does great stuff. I'd 100% support him as the artist for a YA ongoing.

On another note, is that shirt on Billy an established design, or something of Robles' own making? Not going to lie, I'd 100% buy a t-shirt with that print on it.