Page 35 of 96 FirstFirst ... 253132333435363738394585 ... LastLast

Y'ALL.

Y'ALL.

<screams into a pillow>

This is quite possibly the gayest these boys have been and I am DEAD.

My breathing is erratic. Sailor Moon and He-Man references in a single dialogue bubble.

Can anyone explain Billy's shirt? I assume it has significance--it MUST-- but I just don't recognize the imagery. Help me out, fam.

WHERE IS DROPS OF VENUS ?!?!
    Last edited by Fokken; 05-24-2019 at 04:35 AM.

A Phoenix-inspired drag queen called Krystal M'Kraan... I can't.

Also, Billy dropping Sailor Moon references reminds me of something I thought a while ago: That he actually has a similar backstory to her lol. They were both children of some magic woman then ended up reincarnated into normal families and found out their powers as teens.

What's the shirt? Is it like an edgier DAZZLER shirt? She had that Blue Wing Flare Makeups, upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Y'ALL.

Y'ALL.

<screams into a pillow>

My breathing is erratic. Sailor Moon and He-Man references in a single dialogue bubble.

Can anyone explain Billy's shirt? I assume it has significance--it MUST-- but I just don't recognize the imagery. Help me out, fam.

*fans Fokken, has the fainting salts on standby*

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    *fans Fokken, has the fainting salts on standby*
    hahaha thank you.

Legit, I should probably be sedated. hahaha

hahaha thank you.

Legit, I should probably be sedated. hahaha
    <3

Also, we should probably tweet Nick about the shirt, because now you've got me curious.

Sailor Moon and He-Man references aside, I really appreciate how Teddy is spending his Saturday watching cartoons and eating sugary cereal (and using his ancestral space sword as a tray).

It's been a while since we've actually seen what huge nerds these two are

Twitter is ON FIRE over this preview. I am loving the reception.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Fingers crossed the reception = sells so that we get a Billy and Teddy series.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Preview for WOTR: War Scrolls #2 is up and it is honestly pretty great

I honestly can't even decide what is my favorite thing about this. Morning domestic bliss. Billy's Sailor Moon transformation and He-Man/She-Ra reference. Teddy eating cereal on top of Excelsior (AND WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED TO THIS SWORD IT LOOKS SO THICK NOW LMAO). The X-Men themed drag brunch. Billy and Kate drinking mimosas. The Frozen reference. Teddy being excited about the candy store. The Bill And Ted's Excellent Adventure reference. And finally, something with Loki being referred to as a ''Young Avengers crisis''. Unless Kate is Loki himself, it's cute that the team still thinks of him as a Young Avenger. Heck, even if it is Loki in disguise, it's cute that HE thinks of himself as a Young Avenger. I just need those kids reunited so bad.

Y'ALL.

Y'ALL.

<screams into a pillow>

I'M HERE AND I'M STILL ALIVE, I promise! About the shirt, I don't know if you checked on Anthony's Twitter, but he did confirm it's a Dazzler concert top.

Twitter is ON FIRE over this preview. I am loving the reception.
    It's just so good to finally be this excited about Marvel Comics again.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Fingers crossed the reception = sells so that we get a Billy and Teddy series.
    The first issue had a pretty weak debut in the direct market. Not sure if Billy and Teddy alone would improve things. Maybe digitally, since there was a lot of mouth to mouth online about their presence on the book. But yes, regardless of sales, I do hope editorial sees the online buzz and decides it is time for a duo book or at least a YA relaunch.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-25-2019 at 02:28 AM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Oh, by the way, here's the solicit for Death's Head #2 (Billy and Teddy are not on the cover, so I won't even bother posting it):

DEATH’S HEAD #2 (of 4)
    TINI HOWARD (W)
    KEI ZAMA (A)
    Cover by NICK ROCHE
    Connecting Variant Cover
    by JOHN MCCREA
    RENEGADE UPGRADE!
    Billy Kaplan’s been keeping a secret — and this time, there’ll be no wishing away the consequences. What’s a “younger,” upgraded version of Death’s Head doing in Wiccan and Hulkling’s apartment?! Death’s Head goes on a shooting spree for answers — but he just might find himself outmatched this time.
    32 PGS./Parental Advisory …$3.99
    Let me guess: Billy used his powers and screwed things up again. LOL

Billy....Sailor Moon....I....

Pure perfection! Tens across the board!!!

Oh lord did Billy pull a Wanda tryna make a child and ended up with a robot!! Lol

To be fair, he just met his robot half-sister (Viv Vision). This stuff isn't unusual in the Vision family tree.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hey fam.
    Me again.
    Obsessed.

So its wicked slow at work and I'm just daydreaming, musing, ho-humming to myself about what could be for our gang -- and Billy & Teddy more specifically, natch.
    Really hoping that Marvel eventually gives us that epic space opera event focusing on Teddy and his Knights of the Infinite.

I'd really love to see them get a top notch artist like Jorge Molina or Pepe Larraz or Russell Dauterman.
    I'd love to see them all reunite too, and get to meet and greet all of Kate's new crew. GAWD I miss them.