Page 48 of 96 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's the thing: they don't need to happen at the same time. YA and Champions are not a part of the same generation/era of teen heroes in the comics anyway, so there's no reason why they should co-exist in the MCU right away. Do the YA first and then after some years, when they're old enough to graduate to main Avengers or whatever, we can have the Champions. I feel like it's better this way, specially because I think some key members of the Champions (like Kamala and Miles) need more time to be introduced in the MCU, while most of the Young Avengers are pretty much ready to go.
    To be honest I think Kamala is probably going to happen within a few more years. There've already been rumblings about Riri getting her own movie soon.

Miles I think needs longer but I think he's harder to workaround unless they let Holland's Peter age more.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    A lot of questions there. The point of the show being to explore and anwser those. Why do you expect all the answers right now?
    The show will probably start with the twins in one place and then end with them in a place where they could join the YA.
    But that's the thing: we don't know if the point of the show is to explore Billy and Tommy's origins. That is just wild speculation from the fans right now. Wanda and Vision will obviously be priorities, since they are the titular characters. Everything else is just a big what if. There is no guarantee we're actually gonna get answers about Wiccan and Speed there. They might end up being just easter-eggs or something.

I think people are just anxious because the chances of the the Young Avengers coming to the MCU have been increasing a lot lately, with teenage Cassie and Kate about to enter that universe. Teddy has his backstory pretty much set up already by the Kree/Skrull War, and introducing the likes of Patriot and Iron Lad (or whoever replaces them as Captain America/Iron Man legacies) shouldn't be too complicated. And then there's Billy and Tommy, the characters who probably have the biggest question marks hanging over them, due to their overly complicated origin story. I think there's a certain fear going around in the YA fandom that Marvel simply won't know what to do with the characters, which could end up with them being erased or drastically changed for the worse. I, for one, find very unlikely that Wiccan won't be involved, because he is way too important to the team, so my fear is more about how they're gonna portray him. As for Speed.... I worry about him not even being there at all. He was always the most underrated YA member in the comics and the MCU already fucked up Quicksilver, so...
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-16-2019 at 10:36 PM.

In contrast, Viv just became the new leader of the Champions and has been prominent in that book's entire run, through both Waid and Zub. I can certainly imagine she'll replace Speed - you're right to be worried there.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Hey all! Been lurking this thread for a while and finally decided to join. Surprised my name wasn't taken haha. Are we expecting any news about the rumored new Young Avengers comic at SDCC? Same with a possible Disney+/Movie at the MCU panel?

Quote Originally Posted by Stature View Post
    Hey all! Been lurking this thread for a while and finally decided to join. Surprised my name wasn't taken haha. Are we expecting any news about the rumored new Young Avengers comic at SDCC? Same with a possible Disney+/Movie at the MCU panel?
    I would suggest to keep expectations low. There may be a thing or two pointing to those possibilities, but nothing really substantial enough for anyone to be surprised if there's nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I would suggest to keep expectations low. There may be a thing or two pointing to those possibilities, but nothing really substantial enough for anyone to be surprised if there's nothing.
    Oh for sure! Still fun to ponder amidst the SDCC hype. I just remember reading somewhere that there would be a new Young Avengers book this year and I thought SDCC would be the best place to announce at this point in time.

They only said it would be a good year for YA fans as there were plans for them. And sure enough, we had that Unstoppable Wasp team reunion, Kate and America in West Coast Avengers, Kate in Journey Into Mystery, Cassie in Giant-Man, we know the team will be in Marvel Comics #1000, and we'll be seeing Billy and Teddy in Death's Head, then Billy in Strikeforce.

Kate and America cameoed in Unstoppable Wasp #10. They were mentioned as being West Coast Avengers, but only those two showed up. Perhaps the team has disbanded by this point and they didn't want to tell the GIRL crew?
    Last edited by Digifiend; 07-17-2019 at 04:20 PM.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    They only said it would be a good year for YA fans as there were plans for them. And sure enough, we had that Unstoppable Wasp team reunion, Kate and America in West Coast Avengers, Kate in Journey Into Mystery, Cassie in Giant-Man, we know the team will be in Marvel Comics #1000, and we'll be seeing Billy and Teddy in Death's Head, then Billy in Strikeforce.

Kate and America cameoed in Unstoppable Wasp #10. They were mentioned as being West Coast Avengers, but only those two showed up. Perhaps the team has disbanded by this point and they didn't want to tell the GIRL crew?
    Ah dang that's a shame. Still gonna gonna cross my fingers just in case. Also thanks about letting me know about Marvel Comics #1000! Gonna add it to my pull list now.

Honestly, this is probably the first time in years that I feel like there's an actual chance of something being announced, and I think it's really the perfect time for it. So I am very hopeful about new information on comics and/or live-action, but I'm also emotionally prepared just in case we don't get anything. We're also getting D23 in August, so even if there aren't any Marvel Studios news on SDCC, they could be saving some for next month. Fingers crossed!

Ah dang that's a shame. Still gonna gonna cross my fingers just in case. Also thanks about letting me know about Marvel Comics #1000! Gonna add it to my pull list now.
    And in case you don't already know: Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung are working on Marvel Comics #1000, and judging by some posts from Cheung's Instagram, it seems like they are definitely handling the Young Avengers part of that issue. Unfortunately it's just one page (each creative team got one), but I'm hoping that perhaps Marvel has more planned in the upcoming months.

BTW, Cheung will be attending SDCC, in case anyone here is also going and feels like asking him YA related questions.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-17-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Honestly, this is probably the first time in years that I feel like there's an actual chance of something being announced, and I think it's really the perfect time for it. So I am very hopeful about new information on comics and/or live-action, but I'm also emotionally prepared just in case we don't get anything. We're also getting D23 in August, so even if there aren't any Marvel Studios news on SDCC, they could be saving some for next month. Fingers crossed!
    Ah yea I forgot about D23, will def keep an eye on that. Another thing I just realized is that if an Ant-Man 3 gets announced, it will 95% most likely feature an adult Cassie so we should all be counting for that too!

And in case you don't already know: Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung are working on Marvel Comics #1000, and judging by some posts from Cheung's Instagram, it seems like they are definitely handling the Young Avengers part of that issue. Unfortunately it's just one page (each creative team got one), but I'm hoping that perhaps Marvel has more planned in the upcoming months.

Still, one page done by Cheung and Heinberg is fantastic. I'm even more giddy and excited now!

BTW, Cheung will be attending SDCC, in case anyone here is also going and feels like asking him YA related questions.
    Y'all lucky people attending SDCC this week better hammer him with the YA questions.

I'm guessing it won't be streamed lived so I'm gonna have to find somebody live tweeting or something.

Newsarama tends to have live coverage of the panels, at least from the big two. Is Cheung on a panel?

Jim is doing sketch requests at booth EE-01 if anyone is going today. He also did a sketch of Loki that I thought was Wiccan at first lol.

65967152_393538607934621_4176430249999428824_n.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0CIwUcnpTF/

I love Cheung's portrayal of Loki. I wish more artists would remember he's supposed to look like a young adult these days.

So, no specific YA news from Marvel Comics from what I could gather. Newsarama reported that during the Marvel Comics #1000 panel Jeremy Whitley revealed his page will be about America being reunited with her mothers, though. I'm happy MAC's getting something there, as I suspect she's not gonna be a part of the YA page.

Yeah, the YA page seems to be the original roster, except for Iron Lad/Vision.

KATE BISHOP IS GOING TO BE ON DISNEY+!!!!

https://twitter.com/Marvel/status/1152749942278152192?