Page 10 of 96 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060 ... LastLast

Now that you mention, Quentin and Billy were teammates on an alternate future where he joined the X-Men. I wonder how their relationship would be lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Now that you mention, Quentin and Billy were teammates on an alternate future where he joined the X-Men. I wonder how their relationship would be lol.
    Am I drunk thinking that Q and Tommy would get along?
    And that if they did, that might be an interesting dynamic to play off? Jealous "brother" ? Or on the flip side, if Quentin made fun of Billy -- I would enjoy seeing a defensive Tommy in the "No. YOU don't make fun of my brother. He's MY brother. If anyone's gonna rip on Billy's dumb ass, its gonna be me."

I recently read a fan fiction where Billy and Tommy were rather close despite Billy having gone genocidal and killing the majority of the Skrull race.

I wonder when UXM Disassembled will affect WCA anyway? Quentin must have a reaction to that.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Am I drunk thinking that Q and Tommy would get along?
    And that if they did, that might be an interesting dynamic to play off? Jealous "brother" ? Or on the flip side, if Quentin made fun of Billy -- I would enjoy seeing a defensive Tommy in the "No. YOU don't make fun of my brother. He's MY brother. If anyone's gonna rip on Billy's dumb ass, its gonna be me."

I recently read a fan fiction where Billy and Tommy were rather close despite Billy having gone genocidal and killing the majority of the Skrull race.
    I think T/Q would hate each other LOL. But it would be a fun frenemy relationship lol. I can see Tommy being protective of Billy, and Billy appreciating but also being annoyed lol. It's how Pietro/Wanda usually goes, but Tommy wouldn't be so obvious about it.

I think T/Q would hate each other LOL. But it would be a fun frenemy relationship lol. I can see Tommy being protective of Billy, and Billy appreciating but also being annoyed lol. It's how Pietro/Wanda usually goes, but Tommy wouldn't be so obvious about it.
    I'm really into the idea of Tommy -- the boy who seemingly didn't have a familial support system -- low key enjoying being Big Brother to Billy, and that partially explaining why Tommy, of all the YA took the disbanding/dissolving of the group the hardest, --that loss of found-family and purpose-- and eventually drove him to retreat into himself and live on his own.
    That's a story I'd be very interested in reading. The untold Tommy years, as it were. When the Kaplans offered to let Tommy stay with them, what happened? What was said? And then where did he go? And what did he do between jobs? Who did he meet? How did he pass the time? Was he doing superheroing on the sly, like Kate and Teddy? Did he ever speed back and check in on any of his former teammates? Keeping himself unseen? And after Style vs Substance, what was he up to while Billy and Teddy were recruited to work with AIM? Hell, can we get some legit origin story while we're at it? What was his earlier childhood like? The real circumstances of his incarceration? His time spent incarcerated? Inquiring minds need to know, Marvel.

Tommy is a deeply fascinating character study I wish someone would dive into.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I don't really think the old YA are "too big to be second fiddle". Like, at all. If Marvel thought that, the last run wouldn't have been 5 years ago. The only YA members that Marvel editorial cares about are Kate and America, this should be obvious by now.
    I'm unfortunately inclined to agree with that right now. The YA franchise needs a serious boost. Part of me keeps hoping the movie rumor is true, because even if I have some concerns about things they might get wrong in a YA movie, there are definitely perks that come with being a movie franchise. Think of all the merch, games, animation and, of course, the books. They would pretty much always a have a book to appear on, and Marvel might even throw some solo books for each of the core members every now and then. I mean, just look at the GOTG franchise before and after the MCU. THAT'S what I want for the Young Avengers (minus the whole bad synergy thing)!

I think it's definetely possible that they're gonna relaunch WCA as YA because it's not selling well but they like Kelly's Kate and YA it's a more popular brand.
    I'm not a huge fan of that idea. I like the current WCA concept, but I don't think it works as YA. I kinda hate when people say the team is an ''unofficial Young Avengers'', 'cause it really doesn't feel that way to me. Plus, moving all of the Young Avengers to the West Coast just because of Kate would be too much. I think a YA relaunch should bring the team back to basics, and that means NYC.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    On the other hand, I'd love to see Billy and Gwen interact. It'd be funny to see them bond over the times they walked over the 'panels' of the 616 reality.
    I'm not sure if Billy's and Gwen's powers work in the same way, so I'm not sure they experienced the same thing. Gwen knows she was walking on panels because being meta is her whole thing, but with Billy, maybe the portrayal was more metaphorical than literal. We were seeing panels because we are readers of a comic book, but does HE know those were comic book panels? To him, maybe they were just images of reality itself. Unless he was peaking through the multiverse and he also saw our universe and found out he exists here as a comic book character... which would be quite mind blowing. But until proven otherwise, I don't think Billy would really understand what the heck Gwen went through, 'cause her POV is sort of one of a kind in the MU, and I like that.

You mention movies there, but I'm almost certain it'll end up as a YA/Champions hybrid. Cassie Lang's established already and it's likely Kamala Khan will be introduced in short order (probably in Captain Marvel 2). If the two books aren't co-existing by then, then whatever brand the movie uses will be the one that sticks. In other words, if the movie is called Champions, it won't secure the Young Avengers a book, and indeed, it may doom the brand. The reverse isn't true though, as the Champions trademark will need to be renewed every so often. For that reason, you'd best hope they pick the Young Avengers brand for the movie.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You mention movies there, but I'm almost certain it'll end up as a YA/Champions hybrid. Cassie Lang's established already and it's likely Kamala Khan will be introduced in short order (probably in Captain Marvel 2). If the two books aren't co-existing by then, then whatever brand the movie uses will be the one that sticks. In other words, if the movie is called Champions, it won't secure the Young Avengers a book, and indeed, it may doom the brand. The reverse isn't true though, as the Champions trademark will need to be renewed every so often. For that reason, you'd best hope they pick the Young Avengers brand for the movie.
    Truth be told, if they hybrid the youngsters, I'm totally fine with it. I've fully embraced years ago that the movies aren't the books and I need to appreciate them for what the loose adaptations that they are.

So then on THAT note, I've never been the biggest fan of Cassie, so if they're going to adapt a size changer, I'd prefer it be Kamala. And if they must have a green brute, I pray it be Teddy. And my kingdom for a Billy/Tommy brotherhood. And sure lets throw in Viv Vision. And if Spidey's still "young enough" at the juncture of this hypothetical film, throw him in too. Or better yet: MILES

Cassie's ALREADY there, remember. She's the one character guaranteed a spot if this happens. Besides, she'd serve as a power match replacement for Nadia, whose MCU counterpart is an adult. Due to the problem with the Hulk rights (Universal has perpetual distribution rights on Hulk movies), I can't see the movies ever bringing in Amadeus (nor She-Hulk). And Captain Marvel is set in the 90s. Provided Mar-Vell doesn't get killed off, Hulkling is definitely viable. I can see them using Wiccan and Viv, but not Speed. Viv (who would probably have a human form) would replace Speed in the storyline as the original 80s Vision and Scarlet Witch comic plot would be combined with Tom King's The Vision (we may even see that origin on TV - Vision and Scarlet Witch have a show in the works). Peter Parker would probably be on the New Avengers, but Miles's uncle Aaron was in Homecoming, so I would expect Miles to be in Spider-Man Home 3 - unless Sony pull the Spider-Man rights, which Disney don't have full control of.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Well, if the rumors are to be believed, the Champions are not being considered at all for the YA debut in the MCU, as the announced line-up was pretty accurate to the Heinberg's comics. MAYBE Viv is considered for the ''Vision'' role the rumor talked about, but even then it's possible they're just adapting Jonas. And BTW, the website that first dropped the YA movie rumor seems to have proven itself to be reliable. They were the ones who first reported Carlos Valdes could be leaving The Flash after season 5, and now multiple other sources seem to be saying the same thing. The only thing I hope they were wrong about is the speculation that Tommy wouldn't exist in the MCU, because I'd hate that.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-16-2019 at 07:06 PM.

That rumour doesn't exist. It was one website simply listing the comic lineup! We know for a fact that Eli Bradley is off limits, so it will definitely not match the original lineup.

Yeah I really doubt they would use the original ineup for various reason. I think Viv instead of Jonas would be a very good and obvious choice though. Just don't use her to replace Tommy.

Ultimate Member

Cassie's ALREADY there, remember. She's the one character guaranteed a spot if this happens. Besides, she'd serve as a power match replacement for Nadia, whose MCU counterpart is an adult. Due to the problem with the Hulk rights (Universal has perpetual distribution rights on Hulk movies), I can't see the movies ever bringing in Amadeus (nor She-Hulk). And Captain Marvel is set in the 90s. Provided Mar-Vell doesn't get killed off, Hulkling is definitely viable. I can see them using Wiccan and Viv, but not Speed. Viv (who would probably have a human form) would replace Speed in the storyline as the original 80s Vision and Scarlet Witch comic plot would be combined with Tom King's The Vision (we may even see that origin on TV - Vision and Scarlet Witch have a show in the works). Peter Parker would probably be on the New Avengers, but Miles's uncle Aaron was in Homecoming, so I would expect Miles to be in Spider-Man Home 3 - unless Sony pull the Spider-Man rights, which Disney don't have full control of.
    It is interesting to see what seeds are planted for new characters to show up for a Young Avengers / Champions debut in the MCU.

You mention Cassie, obviously, and Miles' uncle Aaron, but there's also Amadeus Cho's mom in Age of Ultron and Monica Rambeau's mom in the upcoming Captain Marvel movie as potential seeds.

I idly wonder if a case couldn't be made for six unrelated teens to become empowered at the end of the next Avengers movie by the departing energies of the six stones. A troubled teen in juvie, empowered with incredible speed by the Time stone. His 'brother' (whose family adopted the troubled teen but couldn't handle him), who finds his world gone strange thanks to the world-bending energies of the Reality stone. And so on...

Captain Marvel is set in the 90s. So Monica (who does appear in the film as a child) would be an adult in a modern day set sequel. She's definitely not in consideration for a teen team. And Helen Cho is also irrelevant - even if Amadeus appeared in the movies, he wouldn't be able to become Totally Awesome Hulk or Brawn. They can't do Hulk movies, Universal has distribution rights to that franchise.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 02-17-2019 at 11:03 AM.

Ultimate Member

Captain Marvel is set in the 90s. So Monica (who does appear in the film as a child) would be an adult in a modern day set sequel. She's definitely not in consideration for a teen team. And Helen Cho is also irrelevant - even if Amadeus appeared in the movies, he wouldn't be able to become Totally Awesome Hulk or Brawn. They can't do Hulk movies, Universal has distribution rights to that franchise.
    They can't do Hulk *solo* movies. Hulk, or She-Hulk, or Cho-Hulk, can show up in an Avengers, Young Avengers, West Coast Avengers, etc. movie all the day long. So, as long as they don't go for a Cho-Hulk solo movie, they can use him as a 'Young Avenger' or 'Champion' as freely as anyone else.

More relevantly, Cho has only been a 'Hulk' for a relatively short time, career-wise, and could appear as a Young Avenger as 'just' a smart kid using inventions and tech, and having nothing to do with the Hulk / Brawn development in the comics. Indeed, I'd prefer that, since Cho-as-Hulk is just a johnny-come-lately knock off of a pre-existing hero, and, while I enjoyed his 'Totally Amazing Hulk' days, Cho from before he was a Hulk was more interesting to me.

You got me on Monica though. I forgot that she was already appearing in Captain Marvel as a child, and would be too old for a 'Young Avengers' type role alongside a grown up Cassie. Probably for the best. I'd be okay with a teen Monica, but much prefer an adult version in the MCU someday.